07-01-10 08:28 AM
131 ... 3456
tools
    it only impacts a small portion of blackberry users though...people on alltel can get access to m.nbc.com streaming videos, people on VZW with a BES browser can get access, but people on VZW with BIS can not...and BIS/BES have the same IP address...so that's bull****, i'm sorry
    yeah, we figured out it was NBC within a few days of this and a few other threads starting...the issue is the inconsistency...there's no reason for it not to work....it's not that it's an int'l IP, it's not that it's VZW, it's not that it's the media type not being supported, there is no explaination for why this is happening
    I don't know if anyone has done this but I checked CBS.com - Official Site of CBS on BB Browser and Opera Mini 5.0 and video worked fine on BB but I got the message "Sorry, This phone does not support streaming video" on Opera. I have only BIS so why would VZW block NBC and not CBS?

you didn't read the whole thread...so i quoted the last few relative posts that i added so you can catch up
    09-26-09 04:30 PM
    wow just watched startrek on cbs nbc needs to unblock us
    09-26-09 04:37 PM
    you didn't read the whole thread...so i quoted the last few relative posts that i added so you can catch up
    Thanks. There were so many posts between the first few and mine that they all seemed to be going in the original direction and I didn't read them all. Sorry.
    This just adds to my distaste for NBC.
    09-26-09 10:56 PM
    wow just watched startrek on cbs nbc needs to unblock us
    I checked that out, out of curiosity. The quality was pretty crappy. Incidentally, I tried watching the same episode via YouTube - Watch TV shows on YouTube site and it came up with the typical "cannot watch this content outside of the US" message. Dang servers being in Canada......
    09-30-09 12:34 PM
    Bottom line NBC wants every dime they can squeeze out of you and CBS wants to share. Those who have Comcast cable can check this out by looking at on demand. CBS has pretty much all of their shows available for free (assuming you have On Demand on your package) while NBC charges you .99 to watch their shows! As far as I can tell they are the only TV shows on On Demand who do this.

So, they may have some kind of deal (that undoubtedly involves a kick back of some kind) with both Verizon and Comcast to suck a few more $ out of their customers! So, proof that NBC sucks!
    09-30-09 01:21 PM
    i never noticed it since i don't watch NBC shows on demand, i watch 'em online via hulu or their actual site...but that's rather interesting...

btw, still no response or acknowledgement from NBC in any way...so we'll see...
    09-30-09 02:07 PM
    That's gay we need to bombard verizon until they change that. I guess 30 bucks isn't enough to get us un verizon censored internet but 45 for bes is that's b.s.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not gay...more like that's so Joel
    09-30-09 04:54 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/res...-1-2-a-327302/

09-30-09 06:51 PM
    I know this is semi-related at best, and maybe it was discussed before, but I couldn't find an instance of it, but...........

How do we go about watching videos on ABC's website when they see me (a BIS user on VZW) as coming via the RIM servers in TO, Canada?

Is that as simple as trying a different Browser (such as Bolt or Opera Mini)?
    10-07-09 01:22 PM
    I guess it still goes through RIM, even though Bolt's servers are in MA, right? Oh, and I guess ABC needs Flash.....oh well....
    10-07-09 01:33 PM
    You can always just watch NBC live at:
    www<dot>VuiVision<dot>com
    10-07-09 01:35 PM
    you need a few things to view the mobile sites

proper browser identification
    proper IP
    media file type support

3rd party browsers fail the first requirement i believe...

easy way to check is to load the 3rd party browser, and google "browser identification/IP check"
    10-07-09 01:50 PM
    You can always just watch NBC live at:
    www<dot>VuiVision<dot>com
    Not anymore.
    12-19-09 03:33 PM
    I read on a post somewhere that this only works with the 44.95 bb plan thru verizon, just another exaample of them sucking the financial life blood out of the customer!!!!!
    12-19-09 05:57 PM
    I read on a post somewhere that this only works with the 44.95 bb plan thru verizon, just another exaample of them sucking the financial life blood out of the customer!!!!!
    1) the $44 plan isn't the important part, it's being associated with a BES with it's own domain and servers to host the browsing

2) it's not just VZW who has the issue loading the page, it's sprint, and alltel as well i believe.
    12-19-09 11:12 PM
    Interesting thread, good read.

Subscribing to follow; hopefully for solution.

Could not watch any m.nbc.com videos on my 9630/4.7.1.61. M.cbs.com i can. i'd like to be able to watch full episodes. VuiVision was OK, but the commercials were annoying and they are now defunct.

Is V Cast only available on the Storms? i can't seem to find a link, app or download for it. i really enjoyed watching full episodes on my enV with V Cast.

12-20-09 10:11 AM
    if you want info about resolution for the tipic here is a different thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/res...02/index3.html
    12-20-09 01:59 PM
    It finally works !

01-14-10 11:27 PM
    Holy crap....it does work...FINALLY!

This should have a new thread....
    01-15-10 12:31 AM
    I still get that 403 forbidden error. I'm on Verizon if that matters.
    01-15-10 08:22 AM
    Did you guys have to download something from NBC to get it to work? i keep coming to the DL page.
    01-15-10 09:21 AM
    Ok ! The settings I use are default browser , when prompted to update launch icon (do it ) ! When I get errors I do a battery pull and the videos work again ! And I am on vzw with last official OS ! Let me know if this helps !

01-15-10 09:29 AM
    So I downloaded the NBC app from their site. I followed their directions on how to download, but now when I click on a video it either sends me to the "how to download the nbc app page" or it gives me the error message. I deleted the app and it still does the same thing.
    01-15-10 10:10 AM
    It works for me! I downloaded their shortcut and I can watch The Office now. On Verizon. Storm 1.
    01-15-10 10:16 AM
    So I downloaded the NBC app from their site. I followed their directions on how to download, but now when I click on a video it either sends me to the "how to download the nbc app page" or it gives me the error message. I deleted the app and it still does the same thing.
    Did you do a battery pull ?

01-15-10 10:25 AM
131 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD