07-01-10 08:28 AM
131 ... 23456
tools
    lol how much was this troll jon paid to come here and advertise verizon PAY SERVICES .. lmao..

Jon.. question for u... WHY THE HECK do we PAY for the web browser if we CANNOT use it?... I pay 30$ for it.. and I even pay the additional for tethering...

To be honest its quite pathetic.

-murph

do you want the corporate answer or the honest answer?

i'll give you both

"well, your data plan includes many services, one of which is the browser. we can not guarantee service everywhere, or at all times. especially for every website. if you experience a full data outage, call us back to troubleshoot"

"we just want more of your money"
    09-23-09 05:13 PM
    I don't really think Verizon would waste their money to pay someone to post that. I think they love their money far too much to waste it on that guy. I think he just really loves his job. He's just regurgitating Verizon's bs on everyone else. Haha.
    09-23-09 06:09 PM
    that looks like the email response to his online query....that isn't the user's words...
    09-23-09 06:16 PM
    OK check this out:

My name is Jonathan and I apologize for any inconvenience due to the problems you have experienced with not being able to view videos via NBC.com. I understand your frustration and would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

I would like to inform you that you may view the available videos and shows via V Cast Videos. When you are attempting to play from the NBC website, the file format is not suited to be played on the device.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.

2. Select V CAST Videos.

If not located on the Home screen, navigate Home screen > Downloads.

3. Select the desired pricing option.

4. Review the Terms and Conditions then select Accept.

5. Power cycle the device then launch V CAST Videos.

The subscription order may take several minutes to be processed.

Once into V Cast Videos you will be able to watch full episodes of the summer hits. You have the option to watch shows from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Spike, TBS, and USA networks. There are also many other options available such as sports, music, comedy as well as news.

I trust this information is helpful and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

Sincerely,
    Jonathan

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service
    i assumed this guy was jonathon because he forgot to tell us this was his RESPONSE from customer service inquiry....typical posting etiquette :P (actually im joking BUT it looked like it was him since his name was jg***) OR this guy is really very confused.

lol im still unsure

but he wrote this in previous posts..

Here is my only question:

WHAT can be done to allow viewing of episodes on my 9530 storm. BIS.
    I have downloaded the app. and get the 403 as everyone else has stated...

What can even be done? Anything? I have tried changing my browser to IE and Firefox, but still just get the 403.

Thoughts?! (I emailed verizon and am awaiting a copy/paste response that wont answer my question haha)
    thanks
    09-23-09 06:34 PM
    i award you the "sherlock of CB" medal. you posess a quick wit, cunning and large doses of common sense.

"patches awarded, patches approved"

that's your new signature. you're welcome
    09-23-09 06:42 PM
    Hmmmm,,,,,
    09-23-09 06:50 PM
    Haha. Funny pic. I don't have my glasses on.
    09-23-09 06:59 PM
    this is not all to suprising being that they have a pay app avail but yet it is very upsetting. I understand that the pay app is very neat and can be very useful. Paying to have all those videos available is worth the money if your going to use it but... they shouldnt just block sites for no reason... because its obvious that the site does work!

One thing though... can we be 100% sure that Verizon is blocking this site? It is possible but VERY unlikely that NBC is blocking it. Remember NBC is likely to be getting paid by VZW to provide content. Therefore since they know what device you are using and they know what your ip address is then isnt it possible that they are the one blocking? For example all the top gear episodes where availible online once on the BBCs page but it wasnt availible because they knew I was in the US Just a thought... although like I said its unlikely that this is the case. So dont flame me for bringing it up.

Again if VZW is the one that is blocking it then it makes me sick. Then furthermore the response from good ol Johny boy saying that the content wouldnt sork on the storm is redick!
    09-23-09 07:08 PM
    you have too many phones my friend
    09-23-09 07:26 PM
    Just a quick note i posted this in another forum topic on m.nbc. One of the reasons given for not being able to connect was blackberrys have
    a Canadian ip, so i tried to connect to Canadian web sites hosting videos and got the same thing also tried a few other country's with no avail.

also try this site i get a loading screan likes its going to play but then nothing NASA TV - NASA site

want a good laugh look at this page from nbc NBC.com > How To > Mobile
    Last edited by Psyc63; 09-23-09 at 09:53 PM.
    09-23-09 09:44 PM
    Just a quick note i posted this in another forum topic on m.nbc. One of the reasons given for not being able to connect was blackberrys have
    a Canadian ip, s
    o i tried to connect to Canadian web sites hosting videos and got the same thing also tried a few other country's with no avail.

also try this site i get a loading screan likes its going to play but then nothing NASA TV - NASA site

it only impacts a small portion of blackberry users though...people on alltel can get access to m.nbc.com streaming videos, people on VZW with a BES browser can get access, but people on VZW with BIS can not...and BIS/BES have the same IP address...so that's bull****, i'm sorry
    09-24-09 01:40 PM
    I totally agree patches. Fed up and feel like a second class citizen. I work hard for my money and when i buy something such as a blackberry and pay for services we all should get our moneys worth not be blocked. I find it ironic that m.nbc would post up a how to without a disclaimer saying it will not work on all blackberrys. but instead show a storm and say its this easy.
    09-24-09 02:15 PM
    Those a**holes are rubbing it in our faces!
    09-24-09 02:19 PM
    Two words...CLASS ACTION
    09-24-09 02:41 PM
    One Word.................Slingbox!!!!!!!!!!

It works on the Blackberry!
    09-24-09 02:46 PM
    Is there any significant reason that anyone should care? NBC sucks.
    09-24-09 04:14 PM
    I emailed m.nbc support to see what lie they decide to tell.

MobileSupport @ nbcuni.com
    09-24-09 05:02 PM
    they won't respond, we already tried this...everyone just ignores the fact, there is no explaination, and VZW/RIM just pass the buck to NBC
    09-25-09 11:32 AM
    when i try i get an NBC error message. not a blackberry/VZW error. i don't think this is an error with verizon. this is NBC's **** up
    09-25-09 02:28 PM
    yeah, we figured out it was NBC within a few days of this and a few other threads starting...the issue is the inconsistency...there's no reason for it not to work....it's not that it's an int'l IP, it's not that it's VZW, it's not that it's the media type not being supported, there is no explaination for why this is happening
    09-25-09 03:15 PM
    I'm sad. I was hoping to come to the end of this thread and find someone had a solution.
    09-25-09 03:28 PM
    yeah i'm still waiting to hear back from NBC.com mobile site support...when i hear back i'll reply, so subscribe to the thread...

also, this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/m-n...estion-296429/
    09-25-09 03:55 PM
    It doesn't give me the option for BlackBerry Browser just Internet Browser. I am on the Pink Curve so apparently it isn't just the Storm having issues.
    09-26-09 02:58 PM
    the "blackberry browser" is for BES users...you're not on BES so you won't see it. and it is a server thing, not a device thing...so yea, you're gonna have the same issue as us. i still haven't heard back from NBC yet
    09-26-09 03:03 PM
    I don't know if anyone has done this but I checked CBS.com - Official Site of CBS on BB Browser and Opera Mini 5.0 and video worked fine on BB but I got the message "Sorry, This phone does not support streaming video" on Opera. I have only BIS so why would VZW block NBC and not CBS?
    09-26-09 04:28 PM
131 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD