07-01-10 09:28 AM
131 12345 ...
tools
    This is what verizon had to say

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We apologize you are not able to access m.nbc.com videos using the BlackBerry Storm browser. We are happy to assist you with troubleshooting the BlackBerry Storm browser.*Thank you for providing the error message being received when trying to access videos online. The Error 403 is generated based on the content of the website not being viewable. We have been able to duplicate the issue with one of our BlackBerry devices. This website is not being blocked by Verizon Wireless. The website is viewable but the videos cannot be accessed. This may be related to the format of the videos on the website.*The BlackBerry Storm does not support every available media format available. We suggest verifying the type of file the video is being used on the NBC website as other websites with videos are able to be viewed. For your convenience we have provided the link below to review the supported media formats:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 07:30 PM
    other blackberries on different networks, even storms unlocked, can view the videos. it's not the file type.

and storms and other blackberries on VZW on BES can view them also...this is isolated to blackberries on BIS...so this answer they gave you is basically them blowing smoke up your azz to get you to STFU and GTFO of their face about it, lol....
    08-21-09 07:49 PM
    more proof of verizon being inconsistent.................
    08-21-09 09:06 PM
    Not sure why the op is having a problem. My Verizon Storm 9530, on BIS can open m.nbc.com without a problem.
    08-21-09 09:10 PM
    more proof of verizon being inconsistent.................
    no way dude, they're hella consistent

consistently inconsistent!

and they're always gonna find ways to make more $$$, which is a good thing to be consistent in, considering they're a business, and that money generally goes back into infrastructure and development of other things.

however, usually when they change something like this, you have to change your plan or get new hardware, otherwise you're "grandfathered" in...i feel like we weren't given that choice, and that's what im upset about with this situation. and this is just the beginning of a new kind of crippling that VZW will implement...
    08-21-09 09:10 PM
    I watched your video and I don't have the same option selections in Options>Advanced Applications>Browser - My only option to chose is Internet Explorer. What do I have to do to gain access to the Blackberry Browser option?
    08-21-09 09:15 PM
    I watched your video and I don't have the same option selections in Options>Advanced Applications>Browser - My only option to chose is Internet Explorer. What do I have to do to gain access to the Blackberry Browser option?
    as I said earlier in this thread and in the video, u must be on BES to have that option!

Last edited by AgTitan06; 08-21-09 at 09:39 PM.
    08-21-09 09:36 PM
    pfft, i can't even get it to work on my tour -_-

it says i need a 9530, 9000, or a wi-fi enabled blackberry.
    08-21-09 09:45 PM
    you probably arent using BES...
    08-21-09 10:06 PM
    To the OP...
    Add a vid of m.cbs.com working, I was watching it today and had no problems with the videos.
    and I went to nbc right before and got the "forbidden" dialog box.

Sry if its been covered already...

08-21-09 10:18 PM
    Getting a 403 error is a response from the HTTP server. It has nothing to do with Verizon.

I'm guessing that those of us using BIS are having issues due to the canadian IP address.

Sounds like NBC effed up. This has nothing to do with verizon.
    08-21-09 11:33 PM
    Getting a 403 error is a response from the HTTP server. It has nothing to do with Verizon.

I'm guessing that those of us using BIS are having issues due to the canadian IP address.

Sounds like NBC effed up. This has nothing to do with verizon.
    Sorry Texas is not in Canada... closer to Mexico lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vid...ml#post3397050
    08-21-09 11:49 PM
    Oh... and y'know... maybe the fact that the Storm doesn't even support the video format they are using helps a lot i'm sure.
    08-21-09 11:49 PM
    Sorry Texas is not in Canada... closer to Mexico lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vid...ml#post3397050
    Yeah... guess what... the 403 error code is still a server side error code.

Server.

As in... from NBC.
    08-21-09 11:50 PM
    I have no problems playing videos on NBC mobile, however I am on the BES plan due to my works exchange server with BES.

Interesting find regarding bis vs. Bes.

08-21-09 11:57 PM
    Yeah... guess what... the 403 error code is still a server side error code.

Server.

As in... from NBC.
    "Yeah... guess what... Bolt browser/Opera Mini, and the blackberry browser each go through some sort of PROXY server too... Otherwise my IP would not change when I change browsers... also if I run a speed test and it comes back near 10mbps im pretty sure thats not the EVDO speed..., but rather the speed from the test server to the proxy... EVDO tops out at what ~3mbps...

So why would NBC only block Verizon phones IP's... and Bolt IP's in the USA
    Seems more likely there is some interim part at RIM / VZW that wont allow access to kmedia.m.nbc.com where the video is actually hosted.

Has anyone tried from a BB Bold or other AT&T/Sprint BB? on BIS? using the native browser or Bolt? Not on WiFi...

I just visted "http://kmedia.m.nbc.com" on my storm and get the same/similiar access denied, has nothing to do with media or mov file compatibility, just that exact address...
    08-22-09 12:15 AM
    Ok so with my 9530 runnin the .148 OS. How do I change to bes from bis? Or vice versa? Reason I'm asking us because I only have 1 option for my internet thingie an that's "BlackBerry".......

08-22-09 12:25 AM
    Oh... and y'know... maybe the fact that the Storm doesn't even support the video format they are using helps a lot i'm sure.
    Ermm if that was true it would not work on BES browser either. Sorry to rain on your parade.
    08-22-09 01:28 AM
    Ok so with my 9530 runnin the .148 OS. How do I change to bes from bis? Or vice versa? Reason I'm asking us because I only have 1 option for my internet thingie an that's "BlackBerry".......

BES = corporate work email connection, $44.99

BIS = internet hosted email connection, $30.00

you can change your plan, but you won't get that "blackberry browser" option unless you're connected to a corporate BES server and they provision you to have it...so to answer your question, there is very little you can do to change to it besides host and run your own BES system...if you decide to, i'd be happy to volunteer as your admin in exchange for full and uninhibited access to all systems involved...
    08-22-09 03:12 AM
    How about you read the entire thread before you start posting your baseless theories...All the theories you had said don't hold any water..you would have known this if you read the threads
    08-22-09 11:56 AM
    How about you read the entire thread before you start posting your baseless theories...All the theories you had said don't hold any water..you would have known this if you read the threads

Here is my only question:

WHAT can be done to allow viewing of episodes on my 9530 storm. BIS.
    I have downloaded the app. and get the 403 as everyone else has stated...

What can even be done? Anything? I have tried changing my browser to IE and Firefox, but still just get the 403.

Thoughts?! (I emailed verizon and am awaiting a copy/paste response that wont answer my question haha)
    thanks
    09-23-09 05:21 PM
    1) VZW doesn't block it, you can access their site, just not the videos...if VZW blocked it, you wouldn't be able to load ANY of the nbc.com pages

2) there is no work around so far, we've tried using proxy websites but to no real success beyond what we can already do without them...

what suprises me is that nbc.com mobile will load, but abc.com won't...because "we're not in the US"...aka the RIM servers are in canada, even though our carrier is in the U.S.
    09-23-09 05:28 PM
    OK check this out:

My name is Jonathan and I apologize for any inconvenience due to the problems you have experienced with not being able to view videos via NBC.com. I understand your frustration and would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

I would like to inform you that you may view the available videos and shows via V Cast Videos. When you are attempting to play from the NBC website, the file format is not suited to be played on the device.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.

2. Select V CAST Videos.

If not located on the Home screen, navigate Home screen > Downloads.

3. Select the desired pricing option.

4. Review the Terms and Conditions then select Accept.

5. Power cycle the device then launch V CAST Videos.

The subscription order may take several minutes to be processed.

Once into V Cast Videos you will be able to watch full episodes of the summer hits. You have the option to watch shows from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Spike, TBS, and USA networks. There are also many other options available such as sports, music, comedy as well as news.

I trust this information is helpful and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

Sincerely,
    Jonathan

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service
    09-23-09 05:38 PM
    OK check this out:

My name is Jonathan and I apologize for any inconvenience due to the problems you have experienced with not being able to view videos via NBC.com. I understand your frustration and would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

I would like to inform you that you may view the available videos and shows via V Cast Videos. When you are attempting to play from the NBC website, the file format is not suited to be played on the device.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.

2. Select V CAST Videos.

If not located on the Home screen, navigate Home screen > Downloads.

3. Select the desired pricing option.

4. Review the Terms and Conditions then select Accept.

5. Power cycle the device then launch V CAST Videos.

The subscription order may take several minutes to be processed.

Once into V Cast Videos you will be able to watch full episodes of the summer hits. You have the option to watch shows from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Spike, TBS, and USA networks. There are also many other options available such as sports, music, comedy as well as news.

I trust this information is helpful and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

Sincerely,
    Jonathan

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

1) it worked before, then without explaination stopped, the file type never changed

2) other carriers are able to load the streaming video file, even BES users are able to stream the file

3) quit lying, give us an honest answer
    09-23-09 05:41 PM
    lol how much was this troll jon paid to come here and advertise verizon PAY SERVICES .. lmao..

Jon.. question for u... WHY THE HECK do we PAY for the web browser if we CANNOT use it?... I pay 30$ for it.. and I even pay the additional for tethering...

To be honest its quite pathetic.

-murph
    09-23-09 06:11 PM
131 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD