11-07-09 08:13 AM
26 12
tools
    Ok, I purchased a Storm 1 on launch day. I now want to upgrade to a storm 2, but I was told that I can't until july 2010. My voice plan is 39.99, data plan 29.99, Text plan 10.00, insurance 5.99, visual voicemail 2.99. I would really appreciate any help, ideas. Please, thanks.
    11-06-09 02:39 PM
    Wait and be patient

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 02:45 PM
    Not a Verizon Rep, but CB users know more than they do!

You have two options in upgrading your phone with Verizon for promotional pricing. You can either go 13 months from purchase date and qualify for Annual Upgrade, which gets you promotional priciing but no rebate. Or, you can wait 20 months from purchase date and qualify for New Every Two (NE2), which now gets you a $50 rebate if you have a qauilfying plan. Considering that your voice plan is only $39.99 a month, I doubt you'd qualify for a rebate. So, you should look into the annual upgrade option. I don't recall if you had to have a qualifying plan for that too. My monthly bill is in the stratosphere, so I easily qualify for just about anything!

Back when Circuit City was still in business, there was a program called VIP, which gave you a $50 rebate with the annual upgrade. I don't know if that was exclusive to Circuit City, because I bought my prior phone from the Verizon store inside of the CC store, but I think it went by the wayside soon after CC went out of business. Probably just a coincidence because the NE2 policy changed about a month later.

Another trick that I have seen talked about in these forums is to open a second line and get your promotional pricing that way, if you wanted to get the phone sooner than your current line allows.
    11-06-09 03:00 PM

You have two options in upgrading your phone with Verizon for promotional pricing. You can either go 13 months from purchase date and qualify for Annual Upgrade, which gets you promotional priciing but no rebate.
    actually, the annual upgrade is only for the primary line on accounts with a base voice plan of $59.99 or more. His plan would'nt qualify, he is stuck waiting for the 20 months upgrade or adding a 2nd line.
    Last edited by JustinD2473; 11-06-09 at 03:52 PM.
    11-06-09 03:05 PM

You have two options in upgrading your phone with Verizon for promotional pricing. You can either go 13 months from purchase date and qualify for Annual Upgrade, which gets you promotional priciing but no rebate. Or, you can wait 20 months from purchase date and qualify for New Every Two (NE2), which now gets you a $50 rebate if you have a qauilfying plan. Considering that your voice plan is only $39.99 a month, I doubt you'd qualify for a rebate. So, you should look into the annual upgrade option. I don't recall if you had to have a qualifying plan for that too. My monthly bill is in the stratosphere, so I easily qualify for just about anything!

Back when Circuit City was still in business, there was a program called VIP, which gave you a $50 rebate with the annual upgrade. I don't know if that was exclusive to Circuit City, because I bought my prior phone from the Verizon store inside of the CC store, but I think it went by the wayside soon after CC went out of business. Probably just a coincidence because the NE2 policy changed about a month later.

Another trick that I have seen talked about in these forums is to open a second line and get your promotional pricing that way, if you wanted to get the phone sooner than your current line allows.
    Well crackberry user, in this case you actually know less than a VZW employee.

After 1 full year of service on any plan $59.99 or higher for at least 3 months prior is eligible for an annual upgrade at the 2 year pricing and any MIR that is available. There is a $20 early upgrade fee unless you are a VIP customer.

The $39.99 plan will qualify for the ne2 at 20 months. You get up to $35 off the 2 year pricing after the MIR. Basically, you pay the MIR rebate amount and then anything that is left over is discounted up to the $35.

If you are on a $79.99 plan or higher then you will receive a $50 ne2 discount.

The VIP program is still in place for customers with at least 6 months of service with good payment history(no past due) and are on a $79.99 plan or higher theget waived activation fees on new lines, 25% off accessory purchases and waived early upgrade and device restocking fees.

To the OP, opening a 2nd line of service will add at least $30 to your monthly bill. your best option is the lost/stolen pricing option. This option lets you get a new phone, regardless of length of service for the 1 year price and any MIR's that apply. Or, see if you qualify for a discount by going to verizonwireless.com/discount.

Depending on any discounts that your eligible for it might be cheaper if you switch to either a select 450 plan and add the web/email data package or the $99 450 nationwide email & messaging plan. Since the discount applies to calling plan and the additional features are part of the plan you may end up with a lower monthly rate.

Again, sorry crackberry user, but in this case you are wrong. Granted, theres a lot to keep up with regarding wireless plans and policies, but you may not want to flaunt your "superior knowledge" in a thread that asks for help from a VZW employee, or at least make sure you know what your talking about.
    11-06-09 03:37 PM
    ^+ 1^
    11-06-09 03:39 PM
    Well crackberry user, in this case you actually know less than a VZW employee.

After 1 full year of service on any plan $59.99 or higher for at least 3 months prior is eligible for an annual upgrade at the 2 year pricing and any MIR that is available. There is a $20 early upgrade fee unless you are a VIP customer.

The $39.99 plan will qualify for the ne2 at 20 months. You get up to $35 off the 2 year pricing after the MIR. Basically, you pay the MIR rebate amount and then anything that is left over is discounted up to the $35.

If you are on a $79.99 plan or higher then you will receive a $50 ne2 discount.

The VIP program is still in place for customers with at least 6 months of service with good payment history(no past due) and are on a $79.99 plan or higher theget waived activation fees on new lines, 25% off accessory purchases and waived early upgrade and device restocking fees.

To the OP, opening a 2nd line of service will add at least $30 to your monthly bill. your best option is the lost/stolen pricing option. This option lets you get a new phone, regardless of length of service for the 1 year price and any MIR's that apply. Or, see if you qualify for a discount by going to verizonwireless.com/discount.

Depending on any discounts that your eligible for it might be cheaper if you switch to either a select 450 plan and add the web/email data package or the $99 450 nationwide email & messaging plan. Since the discount applies to calling plan and the additional features are part of the plan you may end up with a lower monthly rate.

Again, sorry crackberry user, but in this case you are wrong. Granted, theres a lot to keep up with regarding wireless plans and policies, but you may not want to flaunt your "superior knowledge" in a thread that asks for help from a VZW employee, or at least make sure you know what your talking about.
    And a Crackberry user proves my point! Got to love it! The joke was on store reps, not CB users who happen to work for Verizon. I didn't give the manual in my initial response b/c I didn't think it was necessary. There wasn't much in your post that I didn't know! I've been with Verizon for a long time; I know their policies very well. It's been my experience on many occasions in the past that I know Verizon better than the reps working at the local store.

Last edited by trjnberry; 11-06-09 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Didn't know the VIP program was still in effect.
    11-06-09 04:08 PM
    And a Crackberry user proves my point! Got to love it! The joke was on store reps, not CB users who happen to work for Verizon. I didn't give the manual in my initial response b/c I didn't think it was necessary. There wasn't anything in your post that I didn't know! I've been with Verizon for a long time; I know their policies very well. It's been my experience on many occasions in the past that I know Verizon better than the reps working at the local store.
    So in other words, you responded authoritively to a post you didn't read? Or were you really responding to something you didn't know the details of?

He was pretty clear, after all....

Ok, I purchased a Storm 1 on launch day. I now want to upgrade to a storm 2, but I was told that I can't until july 2010. My voice plan is 39.99, data plan 29.99, Text plan 10.00, insurance 5.99, visual voicemail 2.99. I would really appreciate any help, ideas. Please, thanks.
    We all get caught in error, from time to time. In this case, either you didn't comprehend simple English, you don't understand the policy/program, or you jumped in, too eagar to post somethins without reading

Personally, I find that errored advice has no points to prove.

11-06-09 04:58 PM
    There are some special offers that offer early upgrades from the marketing dept that allow users to uprgade at the $39.99 plan, but those are strictly handled by marketing and are a special offer.
    11-06-09 04:59 PM
    @Twins, while we are bolding comments from the OP, let's not forget that the OP asked for "ANY HELP, IDEAS..." There's my justification for responding! Your feedback to the OP may be more comprehensive and valuable, but when somebody asks for general help and ideas, I don't need to be an expert to respond.
    11-06-09 05:16 PM
    @Twins, while we are bolding comments from the OP, let's not forget that the OP asked for "ANY HELP, IDEAS..." There's my justification for responding! Your feedback to the OP may be more comprehensive and valuable, but when somebody asks for general help and ideas, I don't need to be an expert to respond.

If you're not an expert, as you just stated, why go out of your way to say you often times know more about VZW than the reps (the experts) that work there do? You seem to have contradicted yourself several times in this thread...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 11-06-09 at 05:22 PM.
    11-06-09 05:20 PM
    come on guys...he simply said that "crackberry users know more that reps" usually....

and he was just trying to help....its not that big of a deal.
    11-06-09 05:23 PM
    My monthly bill is in the stratosphere, so I easily qualify for just about anything!
    What qualifies a bill as being in the stratosphere? My cell isn't, but I am pretty sure that the bill for our gasoline credit card is orbiting the 7th moon of Saturn right now

11-06-09 06:01 PM
    come on guys...he simply said that "crackberry users know more that reps" usually....

and he was just trying to help....its not that big of a deal.
    So incorrect or incomplete information shouldn't be corrected, especially by those who know a whole lot more than the braggart who just claimed he know more?

Truth trumps feelings & if the OP was left with his incomplete & wrong info, what help was provided?

11-06-09 06:20 PM
    So incorrect or incomplete information shouldn't be corrected, especially by those who know a whole lot more than the braggart who just claimed he know more?

Truth trumps feelings & if the OP was left with his incomplete & wrong info, what help was provided?

Braggart? My original post never claimed to know more than anyone else. I said it has been my experience that I know more than my local store reps, but obviously you never serviced me, so I wasn't saying I know more than you.

As for what help was provided... these threads run deep, and most of the time they are filled with crap like this stupid complaining you're doing. Who cares! The OP got his answer. Let it go. Or not. I don't give an F, Twin.
    11-06-09 06:55 PM
    What qualifies a bill as being in the stratosphere? My cell isn't, but I am pretty sure that the bill for our gasoline credit card is orbiting the 7th moon of Saturn right now

Living in California!
    11-06-09 06:56 PM
    For the record, dad wouldn't service you as he does not work for Verizon.... Directly.

My gas card bill is about 300 bucks. When you get close to that, we will talk about bills that are in the stratosphere.
    Did I mention that that's 300 bucks........ A DAY?

11-06-09 07:13 PM
    @Twins, while we are bolding comments from the OP, let's not forget that the OP asked for "ANY HELP, IDEAS..." There's my justification for responding!
    You know what, your right. So based on your logic, I offer this help for the OP.........

You will be allowed to upgrade if you walk into the store backwards and on your hands.

This is the same level of help you provided.

When you provide help, make sure it is just that, help. I originally was just haveing some fun with you until you opened your big mouth further and tried to backtrack by saying that you knew everything I had stated. If you knew it then why didn't you just say it in the first place.

Be helpful, or be a lurker. Your not doing anyone any favors by putting your seriously over valued "2 cents" in, all it does is cause more problems and doesn't help, which is what was asked for in the first place.

Sorry to rant, but seriously, there's no problem with not knowing. That's why we are all here, to learn and share. It just frustrates me when that process gets F'd up or thrown off course because someone wants to contribute without the benefit of genuine knowledge on the subject.

11-06-09 08:21 PM
    Knock off the fighting! <action>waving mod stick</action>
    11-06-09 08:45 PM

OUCH! that mod stick hurts like heck
    11-06-09 08:54 PM
    OUCH! that mod stick hurts like heck
    Well move out of the way next time lol
    11-06-09 09:11 PM
    Nothing but love and peace here in th Crackberry forums.

11-06-09 10:32 PM
    PS: harlemknight, pm me with your cell# if you would like help with your bill and upgrade.

11-06-09 10:35 PM
    You know what, your right. So based on your logic, I offer this help for the OP.........

You will be allowed to upgrade if you walk into the store backwards and on your hands.

This is the same level of help you provided.

When you provide help, make sure it is just that, help. I originally was just haveing some fun with you until you opened your big mouth further and tried to backtrack by saying that you knew everything I had stated. If you knew it then why didn't you just say it in the first place.

Be helpful, or be a lurker. Your not doing anyone any favors by putting your seriously over valued "2 cents" in, all it does is cause more problems and doesn't help, which is what was asked for in the first place.

Sorry to rant, but seriously, there's no problem with not knowing. That's why we are all here, to learn and share. It just frustrates me when that process gets F'd up or thrown off course because someone wants to contribute without the benefit of genuine knowledge on the subject.

Wow, reminds me of that scene in Rush Hour when Chris Tucker's character yells at Jackie Chan's character, thinking he doesn't know English, because he doesn't volunteer speaking it. Then later in the film, Chris Tucker's character gets surprised when Jackie Chan's character starts speaking perfect English.
    11-07-09 12:39 AM
    Pk, these guys want to fight. Obviously they took offense to my participation in this thread. There appears to be several different camps of thought in these forums, and I guess one is that if you can't answer the question completely, you shouldn't answer at all. I think in the long run that will hurt other CB users more than it will help, because less people will take the chance at helping out of fear of being attacked for not being an expert. If the experts don't see a future thread, it will get lost in the shuffle when new threads come to pass.

I don't think I deserved this attack. I offered what I thought was helpful, I made a comical statement that CB users (which are often professional experts) know more than Verizon reps, but I guess that was the wrong thing to say to this audience. I am not as ignorant as GS and Twins want to make me sound, but I think their point was to say that since I am not a Verizon rep, I shouldn't have responded at all. Oh, well, live and learn. All part of the learning curve of participating in the Crackberry forums, I suspose.
    11-07-09 01:11 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD