08-12-09 05:25 AM
58 123
tools
    Oh stick it to yourself. Here's a little secret.......a businesses purpose is to make money. The real joke is you buying a phone for a kid who isn't going to use it for what its intended to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

That is such a JOKE! A smart phone is the only option for those who want a good calender on their phone. The phone is INTENDED to help you stay organized. That is what the kid wants to do.
    08-10-09 02:55 PM
    Ok, I purchased at Motorola Q for my son. He was going to use it for a phone, organizer, mp3 player, and some games. I did not want a data package with the phone.

For a couple of years I had a Treo with no data. I liked having a phone and organizer all in one. I never had to pay for data. I was figuring I could do the same for my son.

Well was I wrong. I was advised that as of November of last year you are now required to have a Data plan on any phone not just a blackberry. This is crap. This is Verizon trying to get more money.

My son is crushed. Does anyone know if this is in fact true, and is there anyway around it.

Thank
    Yah, I think it's ridiculous but I would also recommend checking out some of the non-smartphones. They have some out there now that actually do quite a bit without being "smart phones". You just have to outsmart them. I'd buy one of their cheapest phones then take the SIM chip out and put it in a smart phone that I bought from someone selling one. You could probably find such a person on these boards. I even have a BB 7100i in mint condition that someone could use like that so I know there must be others out there.
    08-10-09 03:04 PM
    Yah, I think it's ridiculous but I would also recommend checking out some of the non-smartphones. They have some out there now that actually do quite a bit without being "smart phones". You just have to outsmart them. I'd buy one of their cheapest phones then take the SIM chip out and put it in a smart phone that I bought from someone selling one. You could probably find such a person on these boards. I even have a BB 7100i in mint condition that someone could use like that so I know there must be others out there.
    Sorry but no SIM cards on cdma carriers. Try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 03:34 PM
    I just wanted to add another post to thread, this really is of no importance at all
    So what else is new?
    08-10-09 07:14 PM
    wireless vet, im laughing out loud, after a hard day that made me laugh
    08-10-09 08:10 PM
    So what else is new?
    I just saved money on my car insurance from Geico.
    08-10-09 10:58 PM
    Yeah, thats how they do it now. The only think I can add is that they told me the data plan can be cancelled after a few months, not sure if it is 3 or 6 though. But to my knowledge you aren't required to have the data plan the entire length of the contract.
    ^^^^Thats fiction.
    08-11-09 01:43 PM
    I have to be honest, I started getting a migraine and blacked out after seeing "Motorola Q".

If that isn't the biggest piece of **** smartphone in the history of wireless, it's a top contender. Ugh.
    I could have not said that any better .....almost gave me a flashback still reading this post with that word "Moto Q"
    08-12-09 05:25 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD