06-24-09 05:24 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    Having to pull the battery is indicative of poor design & I don't believe it is prominently mentioned in the BlackBerry manual. Thinking or implying the customer was stupid for not knowing this runs counter to the thought-process of a capable customer service rep.

Call Dell for tech support: hello, my computer is locked up.

Dell tech: just yank the plug out of the wall, sir. It'll fix your problem.

Yes, it will fix the problem & possibly damage the electronics due to power fluctuations.

Battery pulls fix problems in the short term, but will do damage which may remain latent until the long-term. They can also corrupt/destroy data.

It isn't funny, nor should it be tolerated.

Of course, inept customer no-service types might not see the reasoning in this...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 03:25 PM
    Never go into a store. Always call on the phone. There is a customer support line you can call and they will return the Storm if you explain in detail what your problem is.
    The odds of finding an inept rep in a store is exponentially higher than finding one on the phone.
    Thinking or implying the customer was stupid for not knowing this runs counter to the thought-process of a capable customer service rep.

Of course, inept customer no-service types might not see the reasoning in this...
    It is nuts how often people will try to excuse away poor customer service skills. Some of those (not all) here that claim they work in verizon stores show how clueless some are with doubletalk and an inability to recognize right and wrong. To them they are God's gift to verizon but really they are just another hack selling phones. And the battery pull thing is really stupid. Surf to a site that isn't mobile friendly and the stupid thing freezes up and needs another batteery pull. The design is so bad they use a fragile battery cover latch which doesn't help.

Be disappointed in the BB and not verizon unless you go into a store. Then you can be disappointed in verizon for their bad screening process.

06-24-09 04:13 PM
    For the record, I've experienced this TWICE. They weren't even smart phones and the phones they replaced them with are REFURBISHED ones. The refurbished phones they provided me were also malfunctioning (button wouldn't click properly, the screen would light up like it should, HUGE delays in accessing specific apps, and on and on). So I've had to switch my phone 3 or 4 times. Thankfully Verizon was kind enough to let me switch to a completely different phone after I've switched it so many times.
    A refurb is a polite way of saying, your beneath me!!! Excuse me while I sip my tea..........
    06-24-09 04:40 PM
    A refurb is a polite way of saying, your beneath me!!! Excuse me while I sip my tea..........
    i have no idea what this is meant to mean....

unsubscribing before i go cross eyed over-analyzing stuff.

gawd, did radio teach you how to write posts? ROFL!!!
    06-24-09 05:10 PM
    i have no idea what this is meant to mean....

unsubscribing before i go cross eyed over-analyzing stuff.

gawd, did radio teach you how to write posts? ROFL!!!
    ROFLMFTO!!!

I think he meant that if they really cared they would not give you a refurb.

06-24-09 05:24 PM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD