I had heard a while back the Verizon's LTE system would be able to do Voice and Data at the same time but did not see any more on it till now. This sounds very interesting.

Verizon set to launch voice-over-LTE service, starting with LG Revolution - Yahoo! News
    02-08-11 03:45 PM
    Running voice over LTE...aka VoIP. Arguably, VZW could accomplish the same thing on their CDMA network without converting to an EV-DV standard, but my question will be how power consumption on the hand held devices would be managed since it's arguably an "all data" environment.

Decent voice quality (QoS) doesn't take much bandwidth, and it ultimately makes better use of the bandwidth and throughput they have on LTE. This is a good thing, and it's way beyond the typical AT&T voice/data simultaneous deal since in their case, anything can be done on two separate freqs. :P
    02-08-11 04:18 PM
    Simultaneous voice and data with LTE is not an issue in my understanding. ATT is also upgrading to LTE for 4G, It would be kind of silly for them to be harping on this
    If ther next gen isn't capable of it.

VZW already said its LTE Phones will do them both at the same time.....they will have these phones very soon. Iphone4 will never do it unless they did what Gawain mentions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD