06-22-09 11:07 PM
39 12
tools
    I returned 2 blackberry storms a few months ago, since i got replacements from warranty issues
    which were dropped off at fed ex AT THE SAME TIME.

1 of them shows up as there, and the other one has failed to show up.
    its been OVER a month since i've returned em.

everytime i call they keep telling me "wait another week to see if it will show up"

i got the tracking number, but they said all they can do is send a request to warehouse to look through ALL returned storms to find MINE that they didint scan.

What can i do?
    I got the tracking number, but clearly thats not good enough for them...

I keep getting texts saying the service will be shut off if the full amount is not paid, but im not paying $500 for a phone i RETURNED.

I'm about to return, yet another one since i got a replacement last week. I hope the same crap doesnt happen.
    06-18-09 12:19 AM
    Many people have been successful with submitting a complaint through PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many

Planetfeedback complaints are sent directly to Executive Relations and most people get a call from them within 1-3 days.

Provide facts, get to the point, don't rant, and most of all be professional when you submit your complaint.

Hope this helps...
    06-18-09 12:39 AM
    06-18-09 01:59 AM
    I returned 2 blackberry storms a few months ago, since i got replacements from warranty issues
    which were dropped off at fed ex AT THE SAME TIME.

1 of them shows up as there, and the other one has failed to show up.
    its been OVER a month since i've returned em.

everytime i call they keep telling me "wait another week to see if it will show up"

i got the tracking number, but they said all they can do is send a request to warehouse to look through ALL returned storms to find MINE that they didint scan.

What can i do?
    I got the tracking number, but clearly thats not good enough for them...

I keep getting texts saying the service will be shut off if the full amount is not paid, but im not paying $500 for a phone i RETURNED.

I'm about to return, yet another one since i got a replacement last week. I hope the same crap doesnt happen.
    What happens when you track with the tracking number? Was it delivered? If so, print the POD (proof of delivery) and take it into the VZW store.

If not delivered, print the detailed tracking showing the destination (proving that this is going to their requested destination) and the line that your package was received by Fed-Ex. Take it to the VZW store.

Bottom line is that you are no longer responsible, legally, for this device. I have worked in Air Cargo for my entire career and the Fed-Ex pro-bills and documents are legally binding. Bottom line, end of story.
    06-18-09 08:58 AM
    What's wrong with sending the request to the warehouse? I've never had a problem doing that. 3-4 days later its done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:28 AM
    What's wrong with sending the request to the warehouse? I've never had a problem doing that. 3-4 days later its done.
    Apparently some reps don't know how to do that.
    06-18-09 11:27 AM
    What happens when you track with the tracking number? Was it delivered? If so, print the POD (proof of delivery) and take it into the VZW store.

If not delivered, print the detailed tracking showing the destination (proving that this is going to their requested destination) and the line that your package was received by Fed-Ex. Take it to the VZW store.

Bottom line is that you are no longer responsible, legally, for this device. I have worked in Air Cargo for my entire career and the Fed-Ex pro-bills and documents are legally binding. Bottom line, end of story.
    What she said, if you shipped them back you will have a tracking # so between you and verizon is fed-ex so someone other then you is now on the hook for these phones. This happened to me when I bought a new laptop last year and DHL lost it. first dell said it was my fault, how soon did I prove them wriong. You need to call fed-ex and give them the tracking # and as verizon to file a loss claim with fed-ex and this should easily get worked out.
    06-18-09 12:13 PM
    I forgot to ask, but I wonder? were there two seperate boxes, or did box phones go back in the same box?
    06-18-09 12:16 PM
    They were returned in 2 dfferent boxes.

And after i TOLD them i had the tracking number, they told me they're going to just submit a request to warehouse.
    they've done this twice, with no luck yet.

And the website does say it was delivered.
    06-18-09 07:04 PM
    Which Website - VZW or FedEx?

06-18-09 07:22 PM
    Fed Ex.

10char.
    06-18-09 08:13 PM
    Were both delivered the same day? Were you sending them both back because they were defective, or WFG? If you were sending them both back as defective and one of them had physical damage, or was not defective at all, I've heard you would be charged full retail price...
    06-18-09 08:23 PM
    This is really cool. We all sit behind our computers and debate whether or not the device showed up. We have one side of this story and no other facts.
    06-18-09 08:43 PM
    It's obvious that the OP needs to talk with a VZW employee that doesn't need to concern themselves with their quota or average customer handle time.

It's been my experience that customer service reps are so concerned about keeping their "average handle time" (atleast thats what we called it when I was working the phones) low that they give the customer a song and dance just to get them off the phone. If reps didn't have to worry about their "AHT" then they could actually spend the time to research the problem and resolve it on the first call.
    06-18-09 09:12 PM
    I would call and speak to a supervisor. Explain you have both tracking numbers and they show returned. They can mark it as Lost on VZW part and remove the billing for the device.. Remember to be calm and have all the information handly.
    06-18-09 09:23 PM
    Were both delivered the same day? Were you sending them both back because they were defective, or WFG? If you were sending them both back as defective and one of them had physical damage, or was not defective at all, I've heard you would be charged full retail price...
    Very good point - simply showing receipt does not guarantee the return was proper.

Return credit is not based solely on return. An inspection must be made & the return approved. I believe they have either 60 or 90 days to notify you of discrepancies. Since we don't have the whole story, as the honorable LR mentions below, all any of us can do is speculate.

This is really cool. We all sit behind our computers and debate whether or not the device showed up. We have one side of this story and no other facts.
    You sit behind your computer, wasting your life away - unlike your lazy tail, I am on a smartphone, wasting my life away!!!

06-18-09 10:24 PM
    They were returned in 2 dfferent boxes.

And after i TOLD them i had the tracking number, they told me they're going to just submit a request to warehouse.
    they've done this twice, with no luck yet.

Why then are you playing around with CSRs on the phone? This is asinine.

Let me put this in bold for you -

PRINT THE PROOF OF DELIVERY FROM THE FED-EX WEBSITE, TAKE IT INTO THE VERIZON STORE. YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS - THAT IS WHY ITS CALLED A PROOF OF DELIVERY. THEY ACCEPTED THE SHIPMENT (THE PHONE) AND THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FROM HERE.

The ONLY reason I can think of why you haven't done this is because there is something else you aren't saying

THIS IS NOT COMPLICATED!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-18-09 10:30 PM
    @angelalynn79

I didint want to go to a store because i wanted it solved over the phone, the couple stores around here are staffed with spanish speaking people only. and didint wanna drive 30 miles away to go to a well staffed store.Besides, i'm only 19, i still use my mothers car

But, i called AGAIN today, and the problem was taken care of! they said the 499 would be taken off and will reflect so on the next billing cycle.

God, i've never had to fight for something so hard in my life!
    I had to make 10 calls for this issue alone, but finally got to someone who actually took time to look through all the bills and excepted the tracking number as proof and was able to fix the issue

Thanks for everyone who replied and tried to help! thankfully it got fixed without me having to write letters, visit stores or speak to management.
    06-19-09 05:43 AM
    Its not fixed till you actually get a bill showing the credit

06-19-09 08:40 AM
    [QUOTE=Enriqueftw;2840421
    I had to make 10 calls for this issue alone, but finally got to someone who actually took time to look through all the bills and excepted the tracking number as proof and was able to fix the issue

[/QUOTE]

This was just practice for the next 60 years of your life! lol.

Dont worry, it gets easier...you know, after your FIRST wife, then you'll be ready for your future ex

Just kidding. Gook job and glad it worked out for you.
    06-19-09 08:49 AM
    Being friendly and respectful goes a long way too
    06-21-09 01:06 AM
    Why then are you playing around with CSRs on the phone? This is asinine.

Let me put this in bold for you -

PRINT THE PROOF OF DELIVERY FROM THE FED-EX WEBSITE, TAKE IT INTO THE VERIZON STORE. YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS - THAT IS WHY ITS CALLED A PROOF OF DELIVERY. THEY ACCEPTED THE SHIPMENT (THE PHONE) AND THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FROM HERE.

The ONLY reason I can think of why you haven't done this is because there is something else you aren't saying

THIS IS NOT COMPLICATED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proof of delivery doesn't mean anything. He could have sent an empty box. When you say "legally " can you point out the law you're talking about?

06-21-09 01:15 AM
    @angelalynn79

I didint want to go to a store because i wanted it solved over the phone, the couple stores around here are staffed with spanish speaking people only. and didint wanna drive 30 miles away to go to a well staffed store.Besides, i'm only 19, i still use my mothers car

But, i called AGAIN today, and the problem was taken care of! they said the 499 would be taken off and will reflect so on the next billing cycle.

Thanks for everyone who replied and tried to help! thankfully it got fixed without me having to write letters, visit stores or speak to management.

the statement I bolded is valuable to realize at the age of 19 you don't have to fight much but be prepared that life gets harder pretty quick so be prepared
    06-21-09 04:26 AM
    Proof of delivery doesn't mean anything. He could have sent an empty box. When you say "legally " can you point out the law you're talking about?

name of the law? LOL!

Let me put in layman's terms:

1. Consignee says they did not receive package.
    - Did they sign for it?
    -Yes? ----> they need to file claim.
    (See below)
    -No? -----> Shipper needs to file claim.
    -Shipper will get amount of automatic insurance (I do not know
    Fed-Ex policy, my companys policy is $.50/lb or minimum $50
    or the amount of cross-declared prepaid insurance. (ALWAYS
    CROSS-DECLARE INSURANCE, PEOPLE!!!!)

2. If consignee signed for package, they file claim with Fed-Ex.
    -Fed-Ex will do investigation and say the consignee signed for it, too bad.
    -Consignee will either accept they made a mistake (depending on value)
    or they will file a lawsuit, against Fed-Ex or the Shipper.
    (The reason the claim must first be filed through Fed-Ex is to release
    them from Liability.)

The same process would be followed whether its a damage, empty package, lost package, etc. I do not think there is a specific law on this - it's part of the rules of shipping with any major carrier. The bottom line, in the instance of the insurance company (Asurion) claiming they did not receive the returned phone, they signed for it, so they have to say - okay we got it - or file a lawsuit in order to keep persuing charging the consumer for the non-returned merchandise. There you start getting into legal issues of consumer rights, disclosure, etc, etc. I'm not a lawyer. I do work in the shipping industry, I don't claim to be a genius. But what I stated - Well asking me how I know that is like asking a dentist how he knows flossing decreases dental decay. Would you ask him how he knows this, and if he says "because I'm a dentist" tell him he needs to state specific case experience and floss patent numbers? LOL - probably not. So how do I know about shipping and claims laws and rights in generic terms? Because this is what I do every single day of my life.
    Last edited by angelalynn79; 06-21-09 at 01:32 PM.
    06-21-09 01:26 PM
    name of the law? LOL!

Let me put in layman's terms:

1. Consignee says they did not receive package.
    - Did they sign for it?
    -Yes? ----> they need to file claim.
    (See below)
    -No? -----> Shipper needs to file claim.
    -Shipper will get amount of automatic insurance (I do not know
    Fed-Ex policy, my companys policy is $.50/lb or minimum $50
    or the amount of cross-declared prepaid insurance. (ALWAYS
    CROSS-DECLARE INSURANCE, PEOPLE!!!!)

2. If consignee signed for package, they file claim with Fed-Ex.
    -Fed-Ex will do investigation and say the consignee signed for it, too bad.
    -Consignee will either accept they made a mistake (depending on value)
    or they will file a lawsuit, against Fed-Ex or the Shipper.
    (The reason the claim must first be filed through Fed-Ex is to release
    them from Liability.)

The same process would be followed whether its a damage, empty package, lost package, etc. I do not think there is a specific law on this - it's part of the rules of shipping with any major carrier. The bottom line, in the instance of the insurance company (Asurion) claiming they did not receive the returned phone, they signed for it, so they have to say - okay we got it - or file a lawsuit in order to keep persuing charging the consumer for the non-returned merchandise. There you start getting into legal issues of consumer rights, disclosure, etc, etc. I'm not a lawyer. I do work in the shipping industry, I don't claim to be a genius. But what I stated - Well asking me how I know that is like asking a dentist how he knows flossing decreases dental decay. Would you ask him how he knows this, and if he says "because I'm a dentist" tell him he needs to state specific case experience and floss patent numbers? LOL - probably not. So how do I know about shipping and claims laws and rights in generic terms? Because this is what I do every single day of my life.
    Do you have this rule that states that we can not charge someone if they send back an empty package? I'm sure there is terms & conditions that state if we do not receive the phone back you will be charged. Verizon does not have to go after FedEX if they do not receive the phone. My question regarding the name of the law was because you said "legally" like you know the law. Are you going to school for law? (like I am?) or did you say that to try and lend credit to your claim? Signing for the package just means if the box is stolen that FedEx is not liable. If I opened my box after FedEx left and my package was damaged, or not there. The shipper would be liable, not me just because I signed for it.
    06-21-09 02:03 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD