07-22-13 09:20 AM
43 12
tools
    So i called Verizon today to ask them about the update for my z10 the tech lady told me that the Verizon backup contact assistance didn't work. The update OS so they sent it back to BlackBerry. Verizon is stupid and lazy for not fixing this problem. I told the tech just port over the same app from Android and you have your fix. She told me she doesn't know what porting apps is I was just shocked....

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:10 AM
    Based on the sentiment in the US right now, this is hurting BlackBerry. The more I use my Z10, the more I feel I hold a PlayBook in my hand. I keep feeling that I have been taken one more time. This is not helping the perception of BlackBerry. I am a BlackBerry die hard, but I can't recommend BlackBerry to anyone right now. I care about my name and reputation too much to do so.

I teach a class of all young people and they don't know anything about BlackBerry nor do they care to know after hearing from others the problems everyone is having. Not good. Once the update is here, we will be right in the same place again waiting on the next update and needing everyday apps.

BlackBerry was made for business and the key business apps are not there. Concur especially, and hotel, rental car, flights apps are missing.

Frustrated and pulling for them, but I have no confidence in their management.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:06 AM
    Well, that's just wonderful news, ugh.
    07-15-13 05:28 AM
    There are already several threads here about the Verizon 10.1 update for the Z10.

Reading those threads you would have learned that the update was pulled at the last minute, probably due to a serious bug being discovered. (Similar thing happened with AT&T. )

The last rumor I heard (Verizon has NOT made any official announcement) was that we might see it around 7/22 or so.

Don't hold me to that. . Personally I lost patience waiting and decided to install an unofficial ("leaked") version of the OS a week ago, and I'm pretty happy with it overall.
    07-15-13 05:59 AM
    Has Verizon abandoned Blackberry?. Sure feels like it. I bought mine here in the Tampabay area on the day it was 1st released, and have been waiting for the new software updates, but none never came.
    I've been holding off downloading some of the "leaked" versions, but might have to change that option.

VERIZON, why have you forsaken us?
    07-15-13 07:03 AM
    Yea I may just install a leaked Os my only question is are those apps available so I can download my contacts

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:06 AM
    Why would you expect the phone rep to know what porting is? They don't know ****

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-15-13 08:06 AM
    Yea I may just install a leaked Os my only question is are those apps available so I can download my contacts

Posted via CB10
    Back up your phone using Link before the install. Once the new OS is in, restore device, all media, setting and contacts are back the way things were.

I resisted installing a leaked Os for a month or so now....finally took the dive this weekend and installed 10.1.0.4537. Best decision i've made in a while!
    07-15-13 08:23 AM
    Oh ok thanks.. Only thing is when I tried backing up contacts Link said it couldn't back contacts up due to OS version of phone

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:28 AM
    Oh ok thanks.. Only thing is when I tried backing up contacts Link said it couldn't back contacts up due to OS version of phone

Posted via CB10
    Really? All i can think it to make sure you have the latest version of Link installed. I do know that many of us have been having issues with the newest version not backing up at all...the culprit was narrowed down to app data. Which resulted in having to redownload/re-sideload all the apps you had.

If you have Verizon you can try backup assistance to store your contacts...
    07-15-13 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I backed up my contacts with the Verizon app on 10.0 and then installed a leaked version of 10.1 and reinstalled the Verizon app and restored contacts with that just fine.
    07-15-13 01:20 PM
    I am wondering if there are any loopholes in our Verizon contracts that we can exploit. I switched to Verizon after my AT&T contract was up (it was from a former employer) and have had nothing but problems since the beginning. The reception is spotty at best and I alway seem to have issues with my data. I remember quite some time back Sprint added/updated their fees and this let a ton of people exodus from Sprint with no ETF.
    07-15-13 01:26 PM
    I have also used the VZW app to backup and restore my daughter's contacts on several leaked 10.1 versions. Works fine.
    07-15-13 01:29 PM
    How long has this crap been going on, months. I can't believe that bbry is so inept that they can't make a stable OS for these carriers but it sure looks like that is exactly what they are, inept.
    07-15-13 01:31 PM
    How long has this crap been going on, months. I can't believe that bbry is so inept that they can't make a stable OS for these carriers but it sure looks like that is exactly what they are, inept.
    Seems more likely a specific problem to a specific carrier then an OS that isn't stable.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-15-13 01:52 PM
    I am wondering if there are any loopholes in our Verizon contracts that we can exploit. I switched to Verizon after my AT&T contract was up (it was from a former employer) and have had nothing but problems since the beginning.

Someone recently reported here that after giving a Verizon rep a hard time about the delayed OS update they offered him/her a small rebate on their bill.
    07-15-13 05:11 PM
    Seems more likely a specific problem to a specific carrier then an OS that isn't stable.
    VZW is KNOWN for holding updates when it contractually has the final say. As I've said elsewhere, I watched them hold a major update and require a 0.0.0.1 update before releasing the new software.
    07-15-13 05:59 PM
    I got a $40 credit and somebody else got $50. Call now. Money talks.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:55 PM
    Blackberry must have written an OS version just for me. No reboots, no issues with Google calendar or Gmail. Contacts work just fine. Wifi is great. No dropped calls, no phantom texts, no overheating batteries, maps work just fine. I can stream music (Skooday) perfectly. I have apps for all I need. My 15 year old daughter side loaded 2 apps without issues. BlackBerry link works. Rogers updates OS when required. Am I the only one with the Z10 GOD version?!
    This phone is heavenly!
    Cheers.

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-15-13 11:53 PM
    Rogers updates OS when required.

"When required"?? I thought Rogers and Fido were still on 10.1.0.273 / 10.1.0.1720, while Telus and Bell have already released 10.1.0.2014/10.1.0.2050.

Among other things, the official Rogers version doesn't have the reboot fix in it - good thing you're not one of the people suffering from that or you'd be marching on their headquarters with torches asking for something newer.
    07-16-13 03:42 AM
    Verizons response about Verizon Backup-img_00000185.jpg

Always have access to the latest official updates!

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-16-13 03:53 AM
    You gotta stop that BS. Why is it that I and just about everyone else in the world on multiple carriers have the new software, but it is only those carriers than are in the US are not releasing it. Are the US carriers so special that they need custom software? No. They are in deep do do with Apple contracts so they don't want to sell BB devices.
    undone likes this.
    07-16-13 05:28 AM
    Oh the wonderful memories I have when Verizon was not selling the Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    alphecca likes this.
    07-16-13 05:50 AM
    Sorry I'm late guys but thank you so much for the feed back can't wait till this weekend will definitely download a new OS

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:45 PM
    You gotta stop that BS. Why is it that I and just about everyone else in the world on multiple carriers have the new software, but it is only those carriers than are in the US are not releasing it. Are the US carriers so special that they need custom software? No. They are in deep do do with Apple contracts so they don't want to sell BB devices.
    Not a US carrier issue, is a VZW issue, just to clarify.
    undone likes this.
    07-16-13 01:27 PM
43 12