Anyone see this article about VZW changing their upgrade policy??

Verizon upgrade eligibility extends to a full two years, New Every Two credits expire April 15th

I think this sucks...and I work for them!
    04-12-13 01:00 PM
    Verizon is too big for their "britches".
    The shame of it all is that they are the only carrier to provide me service in the weird little pocket of twilight I live in. It's like I'm in my own private "Bermuda Triangle"!
    I would switch if I could.
    04-12-13 01:08 PM
    Figures! I haven't been very pleased with VZW as it is. My CS experience has been horrific lately! Do they even care about customer retention any more?
    Hopefully AT&T or another competitor puts the pedal to the metal on LTE tower upgrades.
    I'd dump VZW in a heartbeat!
    04-12-13 01:10 PM
    Figures! I haven't been very pleased with VZW as it is. My CS experience has been horrific lately! Do they even care about customer retention any more?
    Hopefully AT&T or another competitor puts the pedal to the metal on LTE tower upgrades.
    I'd dump VZW in a heartbeat!
    That's a bit unfair, not all CS reps are bad. I've had some great reps help me over the years.
    04-12-13 01:18 PM
    Verizon is too big for their "britches".
    The shame of it all is that they are the only carrier to provide me service in the weird little pocket of twilight I live in. It's like I'm in my own private "Bermuda Triangle"!
    I would switch if I could.
    Verizon is too big for their britches indeed. Here is my question...didn't the CEO just finish saying he wasn't opposed to doing away with contracts?? This seems like a 180 degree reversal of that statement.
    04-12-13 01:19 PM
    This is just unbelievable. Many words come to mind - greed, tomfoolery, boned, brash. This has got to be the lowest no good move I've seen in a long time.

AT&T - if you are reading this - please don't follow suit. I will gladly come over and use your service. This is the last straw....

New every two - gone
    Unlimited data - gone (unless GF'd in)
    20 month upgrade - gone

WTH? What is next? Charging us per keystroke? Don't laugh - I'm being serious!
    bunky1971 and 21stNow like this.
    04-12-13 02:40 PM
    This is just VZW saying they want to be like T-Mobile and have you buy your device outright.....All without saying buy your device outright.
    04-12-13 02:50 PM
    I just talked with them today and they are even getting rid of unlimited data even if you have been grandfathered if you choose to use your upgrade. Then they told me 2 GB will be $30 a month. Oh i already pay that for unlimited. talk about getting effed over.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Hit me up - 32FCEF27
    04-12-13 03:01 PM
    You are only grandfathered in if you buy your device outright. If you use an upgrade you have to go the the new data plans. Has been this way since they went to tiered data.
    04-12-13 03:20 PM
    It seems like they just started that last summer which is absolute crap and I might not have as much as a problem if the 2 GB plan was a lot less than what I'm paying now for unlimited.

Hit me up - 32FCEF27
    04-12-13 03:22 PM
    You are only grandfathered in if you buy your device outright. If you use an upgrade you have to go the the new data plans. Has been this way since they went to tiered data.
    This isn't entirely true. I upgraded to a Z10 and paid the upgrade price and kept my grandfathered data plan I had on my 9850. I just did an alternate upgrade to a line that did not have an unlimited plan and then switched the phone to my line. Now this only works if you have more than one line available to you.
    ediggity likes this.
    04-12-13 10:23 PM
    This isn't entirely true. I upgraded to a Z10 and paid the upgrade price and kept my grandfathered data plan I had on my 9850. I just did an alternate upgrade to a line that did not have an unlimited plan and then switched the phone to my line. Now this only works if you have more than one line available to you.
    Ahh I see. That's a good work around. Thanks for the tip. We have 4 lines on our plan all eligible for upgrades...the wait for the Q10 continues.
    04-12-13 11:28 PM
    Correct. There is that work around. Not an option for a lot of people.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:03 AM
    Correct. There is that work around. Not an option for a lot of people.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, this is not an option for everyone.
    04-13-13 11:55 AM
    How do they justify dropping upgrades by allowing customers to spread out the cost of a phone over their contract but not pulling the cost of the subsidy out of the phone plans itself? Here you can pay your phone in installments but your still paying the cost of the phone in the plan. LOL. There's got to be savings somewhere or everyone is just paying double for their phones. Does anyone have an idea?

As much as I enjoyed Verizon's network that just works everywhere for my iPad, the cost just doesn't add up for me anymore. I'm kind of glad I went TMO for the Z.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:56 PM
    Yeah I'm beginning to feel really screwed over at Verizon...but then again you get what you pay for. I have never had a problem with coverage and get 3G everywhere I go and 4G almost everywhere I go...even though I don't have a 4G phone just yet.

Hit me up - 32FCEF27
    04-14-13 12:41 AM
    Another Verizon way of "Flexing their Muscles". They feel they can do whatever they want and people are going to stay with them. Instead of allowing us to get a new phone 20 months into a contract now they hope u stay with them instead of leaving at 24. Crap.
    New phones come out quick now.

Posted from my Verizon Z10
    04-15-13 08:46 PM
    I did the same thing. In fact it was the cs rep who told me about this.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:30 PM
    Thanks for confirming this upgrade process. I had heard it from a phone rep but didn't believe it was true. I'm surprised they allow this loophole. Good! I will be upgrading to a Z10 very soon.
    05-01-13 02:09 PM
    Wow, I just switched to Verizon! So glad I thought it was two years anyway. Cell service 10 x better than Sprint. What's the point of all you can eat if they only refresh your plate at the pace of a snail?
    05-02-13 08:12 AM
    Thanks for confirming this upgrade process. I had heard it from a phone rep but didn't believe it was true. I'm surprised they allow this loophole. Good! I will be upgrading to a Z10 very soon.
    To start with I had heard that it was possible and then was told by a CS rep that it was. I still did not bleive it until I actually did it and kept my unlimited data. I am glad I could help a few poeple out with confirming this.
    JazzL5 likes this.
    05-02-13 03:00 PM
    So any of you use your upgrade and somehow keep unlimited data without doing anything? I pre-ordered my Z10 online and even had to choose a new data plan as unlimited was no longer available. 2 billing cycles later everything still shows I have unlimited on my end. I know there was a thread in the Z10 forum where a couple people said they had the same thing happen. Not that I'm complaining but find it odd.
    05-05-13 07:49 PM
    I'm still gonna be switching to VZ.

Wow, I just switched to Verizon! So glad I thought it was two years anyway. Cell service 10 x better than Sprint. What's the point of all you can eat if they only refresh your plate at the pace of a snail?
    Alternately: What's the point of all you can eat if your plate disappears when you get near your table?

OK, that was a pretty crude analogy, so I'll put it bluntly; I may be paying a bit less with T-Mobile, but I'm getting a LOT less. 2G service in town, and spotty coverage elsewhere was acceptable back in 2008 when I signed on with them, but it's not now...
    05-14-13 03:34 PM