12-06-10 10:16 AM
46 12
tools
    I was just wondering if a new storm is coming for sure. They have been putting Droid's out left and right...what about the BlackBerry's....maybe there building suspense...lol. I've seen pics on here of a supposed storm 3..but I've also read it probably wasn't the storm. I'm just wondering if anybody has heard anything about a new BlackBerry storm coming soon..or a new BlackBerry, with touch screen..under a difernt name. I haven't found anything, yet...thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 07:27 PM
    supposedly the s3, or if its a whole new type of blackberry, is coming juneish 2011
    11-26-10 09:34 PM
    Storm 3 running the QNX OS, a.k.a. OS 7, is still a rumor. Playbook tablet is coming sometime in 2011 as well.
    11-26-10 09:37 PM
    Take this with a grain of salt, obviously, but my step-father (who still owns a Storm 1) went into a Verizon Store just today inquiring about a replacement phone. He was told by whomever he spoke with that "There will be a Storm 3 with 4G coming out in February".

Like I said, grain of salt...I'm not holding my breath...
    11-26-10 10:38 PM
    my third cousin twice removed has a friend who goes to a mechanic who has an uncle who used to be married to a woman who has a son that works in the stockroom at the local verizon store and he said the storm 3 is maybe definitely coming sometime soon before 2023.
    melanie72 likes this.
    11-27-10 12:08 AM
    I've seen 3 articles this week that suggest the Storm 3 will be released in December. Most sight RIM's losing ground to the iphone and needing to scoop Apple's announcement of a Verizon iphone as the reason for such an early release.
    11-27-10 01:04 AM
    my third cousin twice removed has a friend who goes to a mechanic who has an uncle who used to be married to a woman who has a son that works in the stockroom at the local verizon store and he said the storm 3 is maybe definitely coming sometime soon before 2023.
    Realy jpg was that necessary....

11-27-10 04:25 AM

There has to be one in every thread.

11-27-10 10:02 AM
    I was just wondering if a new storm is coming for sure. They have been putting Droid's out left and right...what about the BlackBerry's....maybe there building suspense...lol. I've seen pics on here of a supposed storm 3..but I've also read it probably wasn't the storm. I'm just wondering if anybody has heard anything about a new BlackBerry storm coming soon..or a new BlackBerry, with touch screen..under a different name. I haven't found anything, yet...thanks.

i know, ive noticed that too! When you go to Verizons smartphone page to browse phones, theres alot of droids. I was so undecided to get a droid or bb again, and dont get me wrong, the droids are a nice device, but ive come to the decision that its not the device for me. I'm going to stay bb also(have the 8330 since 2008), and I was looking into a Bold 9650 or the S2. I've heard rumors of the S3, but who knows when it will be avail. In the meantime, I am going to get the Bold 9650, but wait till closer to Christmas to see if Verizon will have lower pricing at that time, and maybe while waiting, a small miracle of the S3 being released will happen and if not, then I will stick with my original plan & get the Bold 9650
    11-27-10 08:04 PM
    There was absolutely no need for that, it added nothing to the thread.

To the OP, release dates seem to be shots in the dark with VZW as far as early notification. Hopefully the S3 will eventually come out and be everything people want it to be, hopefully
    allenstrm likes this.
    11-27-10 09:41 PM
    Sic em guys!
    11-27-10 11:24 PM
    Lol...awesome post! Perfect timing....perfect place!!

11-28-10 11:58 PM

is ANOTHER post asking average joe his uneducated guess about a device that to this day doesn't exsist except in the wishes of people who can't search forums....and VZW counter reps that want to sound important to...well you necessary? I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, I guess you should have stated that you only wanted feel good about yourself responses. Tell you what...next earth day I plant a special tree just for you!! Have a great day!!!

jpg likes this.
    11-29-10 12:12 AM
    Me neither.
    11-29-10 06:33 AM
    There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
    There seem to be an abundance of rude crude people on these boards who just have to hear themselves talk no matter if it hurts someones feelings or how it sounds to the rest of the world. These people apparently think their *s* doesn't stink and that they're superior to others.

It must pain them greatly to just walk away from a comment they don't happen to like or agree with. To selfishly ease their own pain they find pleasure in offending others.

There ARE no stupid question but their ARE stupid answers like the ones these mouthy jerks give constantly making themselves look like more of an i d i o t than anyone else on these boards.
    3dogsnme likes this.
    11-29-10 06:51 AM
    There seem to be an abundance of rude crude people on these boards who just have to hear themselves talk no matter if it hurts someones feelings or how it sounds to the rest of the world. These people apparently think their *s* doesn't stink and that they're superior to others.

It must pain them greatly to just walk away from a comment they don't happen to like or agree with. To selfishly ease their own pain they find pleasure in offending others.

There ARE no stupid question but their ARE stupid answers like the ones these mouthy jerks give constantly making themselves look like more of an i d i o t than anyone else on these boards.
    Couldn't agree more Deb! Took the words right out of my mouth

is ANOTHER post asking average joe his uneducated guess about a device that to this day doesn't exsist except in the wishes of people who can't search forums....and VZW counter reps that want to sound important to...well you necessary? I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, I guess you should have stated that you only wanted feel good about yourself responses. Tell you what...next earth day I plant a special tree just for you!! Have a great day!!!

Guess what, if you don't care for the contents of the thread or you have nothing nice to say and nothing to add to the thread the back button is located @ the top left of your screen, feel free to use it instead of attacking someone who had a question.
    John Yester likes this.
    11-29-10 08:11 AM

Couldn't agree more Deb! Took the words right out of my mouth

Guess what, if you don't care for the contents of the thread or you have nothing nice to say and nothing to add to the thread the back button is located @ the top left of your screen, feel free to use it instead of attacking someone who had a question.
    Anyone who ACTUALLY has their "feelings hurt" by someone in a chat room on an internet website is, well...
    2000 Man likes this.
    11-29-10 08:52 AM
    LoL...funny. Lighten up people it was just a joke. We are all frustrated with VZW's lack of new devices no need to get angry, doesn't solve anything. But for really RIM/ VZW needs to come out with something NEW or they are going to start loosing Berry users to droids

11-29-10 11:19 AM
    Take this with a grain of salt, obviously, but my step-father (who still owns a Storm 1) went into a Verizon Store just today inquiring about a replacement phone. He was told by whomever he spoke with that "There will be a Storm 3 with 4G coming out in February".

I can only assume that since jpg's comment came right under mine, it was the target for his "joke". I'm not offended by it, because it's the same thing we get every time when talking about projected Verizon release dates. **-hum...lot's of rumor, little confirmed info... I would like to think that the content of my former posts, as well as the fact that added the disclaimer that I was passing along nothing more than hearsay should have negated the need to make such jabs, but whatever. It certainly wasn't like I created a new post just to say "OMG!!! A completely un-reliable source told me that a new Blackberry with a perpetual battery and laser gun is coming out next month!!! Who's dropping their current phone to get it?!?!? Bout time RIM got there act together!!!"

The fact is that my step-father, who doesn't keep up with Crackberry news and really only uses his BB for phone and email, went to a Verizon store on Black Friday to upgrade his failing Storm 1. The person he spoke with showed him the models they had available but told him, "If you want to get another Storm, you're better off waiting until February, when the 4G Storm 3 will be here". After he got home, he asked me about it (knowing that I DO keep up with this type of stuff), and I just told him that was probably nothing more than rumor, but that I was sure that there probably would be some new 4G devices coming out in the next few months since LTE was scheduled to "go live" sometime in Dec. I also told him I'd give him my old S1 to hold him over since it's in much better shape than the one he has.
    11-29-10 04:53 PM
    I can only assume that since jpg's comment came right under mine, it was the target for his "joke". I'm not offended by it, because it's the same thing we get every time when talking about projected Verizon release dates. **-hum...lot's of rumor, little confirmed info... I would like to think that the content of my former posts, as well as the fact that added the disclaimer that I was passing along nothing more than hearsay should have negated the need to make such jabs, but whatever. It certainly wasn't like I created a new post just to say "OMG!!! A completely un-reliable source told me that a new Blackberry with a perpetual battery and laser gun is coming out next month!!! Who's dropping their current phone to get it?!?!? Bout time RIM got there act together!!!"

The fact is that my step-father, who doesn't keep up with Crackberry news and really only uses his BB for phone and email, went to a Verizon store on Black Friday to upgrade his failing Storm 1. The person he spoke with showed him the models they had available but told him, "If you want to get another Storm, you're better off waiting until February, when the 4G Storm 3 will be here". After he got home, he asked me about it (knowing that I DO keep up with this type of stuff), and I just told him that was probably nothing more than rumor, but that I was sure that there probably would be some new 4G devices coming out in the next few months since LTE was scheduled to "go live" sometime in Dec. I also told him I'd give him my old S1 to hold him over since it's in much better shape than the one he has.
    This post has me curious. Has Verizon announced *ANY* smartphone 4G devices? I know they have been advertising the roll-out of the network fairly heavily. It would seem odd that they wouldn't have any devices to take advantage, be it BB or otherwise.
    Last edited by timberdc; 11-29-10 at 05:56 PM.
    11-29-10 05:52 PM
    This post has me curious. Has Verizon announced *ANY* smartphone 4G devices? I know they have been advertising the roll-out of the network fairly heavily. It would seem odd that they wouldn't have any devices to take advantage, be it BB or otherwise.
    Verizon has gone on record multiple times saying that 4G dongles would be first and that 4G smartphones wouldn't be available until sometime 2011 (mid-year). However, they also updated that and said to expect the first 4G smartphone February 2011.

So they will have 4G devices, just not smartphones.
    timberdc likes this.
    11-29-10 07:37 PM
    A part of me is so over Verizon and the possibility of a new BlackBerry. Every time there is a new leak it is always AT&T and/or T-Mobile branded. When is the last time a leak that had anything to do with Verizon made it on the news portion of the site? When we got a possible picture of the Storm 3 and the possible code names? It' seems to me that Verizon is caught up in 2 things: pushing their actual product and pushing out new Droids. To that I say: we already know that Verizon has great service so promote something else for a change. But I guess they feel they are doing so by having a parade of Droid devices available. And of course there are the Verizon customers who want the Droids, but what about those who do not. I don't know all the details and processes for behind the scenes negotiating and exclusive deals between carriers and device manufactures but I do know that Verizon needs to step up whatever they are doing with RIM.
    I don't want anything other than a BlackBerry. I'm to a point where I'm thinking about changing carriers just to get a BlackBerry with some more up to date technology, because I think we can all agree that RIM is behind the curve with their smartphones. As much as I love my Tour it continues to die a slow death and I refuse to waste my upgrade. I'm trying to hold out until the middle of next year, but if I don't get a BlackBerry that tickles my fancy by then I will seriously have to kiss Verizon goodbye.
    11-29-10 09:08 PM
    A part of me is so over Verizon and the possibility of a new BlackBerry. Every time there is a new leak it is always AT&T and/or T-Mobile branded. When is the last time a leak that had anything to do with Verizon made it on the news portion of the site? When we got a possible picture of the Storm 3 and the possible code names? It' seems to me that Verizon is caught up in 2 things: pushing their actual product and pushing out new Droids. To that I say: we already know that Verizon has great service so promote something else for a change. But I guess they feel they are doing so by having a parade of Droid devices available. And of course there are the Verizon customers who want the Droids, but what about those who do not. I don't know all the details and processes for behind the scenes negotiating and exclusive deals between carriers and device manufactures but I do know that Verizon needs to step up whatever they are doing with RIM.
    I don't want anything other than a BlackBerry. I'm to a point where I'm thinking about changing carriers just to get a BlackBerry with some more up to date technology, because I think we can all agree that RIM is behind the curve with their smartphones. As much as I love my Tour it continues to die a slow death and I refuse to waste my upgrade. I'm trying to hold out until the middle of next year, but if I don't get a BlackBerry that tickles my fancy by then I will seriously have to kiss Verizon goodbye.
    But even if you leave VZW for a new berry, what would you get? The torch? The 9780? The style? Its not just VZW it is RIM not really coming out with devices that can keep up with all the other phones out there. I always thought I was a Blackberry for life person until I had an upgrade coming, and there was nothing good when I came to Blackberry, so I tried an android...And I must say they are great phones. Blackberry still does email better then any other, has great battery life, and has bbm, but there is so much more that I didn't even think about until I got my Droid. Im just saying, Blackberry isn't the end all be all like some people make them out to be.

11-29-10 10:32 PM
    I wouldn't be at all shocked if RIM and Verizon didn't reach a point where at least one party decided to concentrate their energy on LTE-compatible devices, hence the lack on news on new devices right now. Verizon has usually had at least one or two major devices release just in time for Black Friday the past few years, but not this year...my bet is they and the device manufacturers would rather wait for 4G.

Just because you haven't seen anything leaked, doesn't mean it isn't out there...

The Storm 2.5 idea seemed to have been tossed around a bit, and frankly it would have served as a nice stop-gap for some of us Storm fans wanting to upgrade this holiday season and/or needing a new device. Having said that, however, I think that most of us would rather wait 3 months for a much nicer device than to get what would ultimately have been nothing more than a Storm 2 with a slightly better browser. Why would RIM/Verizon completely kill a project like the Storm 2.5, which would have helped to further promote OS6?...Because in the end the overall cost of production and support must have not be worth it...and with no new touchscreen BB's on Verizon's catalog in over a year, it's probably a safe bet that there is a "Storm 3"* type device in the works for LTE.

RIM obviously hasn't abandoned the touchscreen (SurePress perhaps?), but I'm willing to guess they don't want the next "Storm" to be met with the same mediocre reviews. Will it be a big improvement? I'm going to wait and see I guess...

*I would be just as surprised if they changed the branding from "Storm" as I would be if they didn't.
    11-29-10 11:37 PM
    To evb624: I'm aware that RIM is lacking, I said that in my post, but if I continue to wait until the middle of next year and nothing comes out of Verizon that I wish to use my upgrade on then I will leave for a Torch or 9780. I realize that other phones are far more advanced and I am truly waiting for RIM to come out and be competitive and even set the bar for smartphone technology. I've gotten the chance to use the Torch and 9780 on multiple occasions. I have also used the iPhone extensively and a few Droid models and from this I am still very much attached to BlackBerry and I am willing to wait around to see what they will do next, but I am still very frustrated.

To PaintDrinkingPete: I'm hearing a lot of information about RIM trying to stop leaks and how they are going to extreme lengths to do so. So I am hoping that you're right and they are working on something that will wow me, along with others, and they just have it under wraps. I did hear from a BlackBerry employee that he Storm 3, whenever it comes out, will not have SurePress and they were going back and forth about putting a keyboard on it. Then again he said we would hear something official about the device 30 days after the Torch launch. Needless to say it's been 3 months and nothing. So I'm am still patiently waiting and constantly ::side eyeing:: But I am truly hoping that one of these parties has decided to focus on an LTE compatible device with competitive specs.
    11-30-10 06:09 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD