Am I correct in understanding that the "New Every Two Credit" is only worth $30 now? I know it's been a few years, but I remember when it used to be $100.

When I asked why this credit was so low, they said it's because "their phones are cheaper now." Could have fooled me.

The past few years I've used the early annual upgrade and got a "MVP" discount.

I called a few days ago and a Verizon rep not only said that the "MVP" program no longer exists but that I also have to pay a $20 fee to use this early upgrade.

Is all of the above correct?

How does this "credit" compare to AT&T and Sprint? I could have sworn my buddy, who is with Sprint, said he gets a $150 credit every year.
    06-14-10 11:33 PM
    By MVP Program... Are you referring to the VIP Program?

Either way, this program became inactive in February.

Verizon definitely has lowered the prices of their phones. Their most expensive phone is $199.99 with a two year agreement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 11:55 PM
    How is my upgrade price calculated?
    By extending your contract, you may qualify for a discounted price, depending on when you last purchased a new phone at a discounted price, and your contract term.
    - Customers on a one-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after 10 months.
    - Customers on a two-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after just 20 months.
    Plus, if you're currently enrolled in our New Every Two program*, you will be eligible for an additional discount with a two-year contract extension.

Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

New Every Two Program
    If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

If you enrolled in the program on or after February 15, 2009, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $30 or $50 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

Not currently enrolled in New Every Two?
    You can still upgrade to a new phone. For future upgrades, you can enroll by agreeing to a new two-year term on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. You will be eligible to take advantage of the phone offer at the end of the two-year term.
    06-15-10 05:43 AM
    MVP? Most Valuable Player discount? Never heard of that one.

The phones are cheaper now, remember a couple years ago when some smartphones were 300 dollars after the rebate? The newest, best smartphone we carry now (incredible) is only 199.99 after the rebate.

I dont get why people complain about things like this. Its an extra incentive that is given to you, the company could just do away with the NE2 credit and charge every customer the same price for a new phone(2yr pricing.)
    06-15-10 09:25 AM
    By MVP Program... Are you referring to the VIP Program?

Either way, this program became inactive in February.

Verizon definitely has lowered the prices of their phones. Their most expensive phone is $199.99 with a two year agreement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes he meant the new defunct VIP program which waived the 20 fee and gave you a 50 VIP discount. Ah those were the days.
    06-15-10 12:48 PM
    I just upgrade on April 9th, and they waved the fee and gave me the 50 off. Maybe it was only waved in some markets?
    06-15-10 01:09 PM
    How is my upgrade price calculated?
    By extending your contract, you may qualify for a discounted price, depending on when you last purchased a new phone at a discounted price, and your contract term.
    - Customers on a one-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after 10 months.
    - Customers on a two-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after just 20 months.
    Plus, if you're currently enrolled in our New Every Two program*, you will be eligible for an additional discount with a two-year contract extension.

Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

New Every Two Program
    If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

If you enrolled in the program on or after February 15, 2009, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $30 or $50 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan.

Not currently enrolled in New Every Two?
    You can still upgrade to a new phone. For future upgrades, you can enroll by agreeing to a new two-year term on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. You will be eligible to take advantage of the phone offer at the end of the two-year term.
    What's the difference between the "Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers" and the "Not currently enrolled in New Every Two?" in terms of upgrading annually at the 2-Year Promotional Price?

One says you have to have a calling plan of $49.99 or higher while the other one says $34.99 or higher.

Until a month or so ago, I had a Blackberry plan thru Verizon where the calling plan and data package were combined, so my base plan was like $79.99. Then I saw they were doing their plans differently and switched since it would save me about $10/month.

My calling plan is $39.99 and I'm not sure what my data is costing me ($29.99 maybe).

Not sure it matters as it sounds like I'll just get the 2-Year price either way.
    06-16-10 09:26 PM
    With the recent changes to this, it makes me feel so much better to just use the annual upgrades that the main number on the account gets, since I would rather a new phone every year then save the $50 to wait an extra year.
    06-16-10 09:30 PM
    As it states, if you are enrolled on My Verizon and have a calling plan of at least $49.99, you care eligible for an annual upgrade subject to the terms list.

If you are not currently enrolled in New Every Two (ie you are on a plan that doesn't qualify), then you CAN ENROLL by meeting the terms and then AT THE END OF THE TWO YEAR TERM, you can take advantage of New Every Two in accordance with the listed terms.

The different amounts are because they are different programs. NE2 and Annual upgrade. Those statements were copied directly from the Verizon website, so you would need to call to confirm eligibility of your accounts.

Your BASE ACCESS AMOUNT is the determining factor. So data doesn't count if you have it listed separately.
    06-16-10 09:36 PM
    My 2 yr upgrade date isnt until July 2011, so I can get the annual upgrade this July? That what everyone is saying?

I'm lost. I have a Tour and have the $59 plan (Talk and Text) then plus the $30 Data package, still qualify?
    06-17-10 02:33 AM
    My 2 yr upgrade date isnt until July 2011, so I can get the annual upgrade this July? That what everyone is saying?

I'm lost. I have a Tour and have the $59 plan (Talk and Text) then plus the $30 Data package, still qualify?
    Yes, since you have a $59 monthly access plan, you qualify for the annual upgrade. you won't get any NE2 credit and they can charge you $20 to do so (they can also waive it, really depends.. i suppose if you complain about the tour giving you enough trouble with the trackball or something they might waive that $20 fee).. but yea. you should be eligible in July for an annual upgrade.

Also, not that this applies to you, but for others who read... your data plan and any 'features' do not count towards the minimum $49 access charge required to get the annual upgrade. (i.e. I have the base 39.99 plan and the $10 500text + unlimited vzw texting plan, and despite them adding up to 49.99... only the 39.99 counts when considering the annual upgrade. however, if you have the 59.99 talk and text plan.. that does qualify)
    06-17-10 09:36 AM
    MVP? Most Valuable Player discount? Never heard of that one.

The phones are cheaper now, remember a couple years ago when some smartphones were 300 dollars after the rebate? The newest, best smartphone we carry now (incredible) is only 199.99 after the rebate.

I dont get why people complain about things like this. Its an extra incentive that is given to you, the company could just do away with the NE2 credit and charge every customer the same price for a new phone(2yr pricing.)
    Thank You phone companies, for giving me the privilege of using your service.
    No NE2 neede if they didn't over inflate the price of the phones in the first place.
    06-21-10 01:42 PM
    Thank You phone companies, for giving me the privilege of using your service.
    No NE2 neede if they didn't over inflate the price of the phones in the first place.

Inflate the price of the phones? LOL You can buy a Motorola Droid for 149.99 after the rebate and get another one for free. Basically you get 2 550 dollar phones for 149.99.....thats "over inflated?"

Think about what the phone does and what you pay for it.
    06-21-10 02:33 PM
    Inflate the price of the phones? LOL You can buy a Motorola Droid for 149.99 after the rebate and get another one for free. Basically you get 2 550 dollar phones for 149.99.....thats "over inflated?"

Think about what the phone does and what you pay for it.
    Yeah over inflated that is why they cost 550 dollars to begin with. It is just like furniture and clothing. Make a name brand shirt for 6 bucks and sale it at Macy's for 45.00. Wait! That shirt is not selling good or its last springs fasion, so lets clearance it out for 21.99 or lets have a 75% off sale, $45.00-75%= $11.25-stores initial cost[$6.00] <store still turns profit>. of $5.25

The same with furniture [insert senario] how many furniture stores have you seen having a going out of business sale or my favorite, a liquidation everything must go sale, that are still in business? All of them.

The initial cost is in the R&D, usually with in the first launch of said product the manufacturer has recovered its initial cost.
    Why do you think you can get two 500+ droid bogo for 149.00?
    Next year the droid will be free with 2yr svc.

This kinda of retail approach is marketing 101.
    06-21-10 02:57 PM
    Also, not that this applies to you, but for others who read... your data plan and any 'features' do not count towards the minimum $49 access charge required to get the annual upgrade. (i.e. I have the base 39.99 plan and the $10 500text + unlimited vzw texting plan, and despite them adding up to 49.99... only the 39.99 counts when considering the annual upgrade. however, if you have the 59.99 talk and text plan.. that does qualify)

I used to be on the National Wide 450 Plus Email plan for $79.99, which included 450 minutes with unlimited data/email. I also had the $10 charge for 500 text messages. I was on this plan from July 2008 until May 26, 2010.

That plan was one of two "Blackberry Plans." There was the $79.99 plan I was on and then the $99.99 plan.

When I was looking at the available plans in April or May, I noticed they no longer offered the "combo" plan and instead separated the calling plan and data package. It saved me about $10 a month to switch to one of their newer plans (Nationwide Talk 450) and so I did. It was the same amount of minutes.

Now my base calling plan is $39.99, plus the data package for $29.99. I get 17% off the calling plan through work and 20% off the data package through a promo they were running at the time. With the $10 text package and $6 for insurance plus all the taxes, I pay $79.66 a month.

I called Verizon a few weeks ago and at least the person I talked to said I would be able to do the early annual upgrade on July 16, since that is when I used it last year. But based on what you're saying, my calling plan has to be $49.99 or higher to do the annual upgrade.

I am enrolled in the NE2 program, but I haven't used it in quite a while since I have used the early annual upgrade the past few years. My NE2 date is March 2011.

Should I be concerned about whether they will let me do the early annual upgrade on July 16?
    06-28-10 11:31 PM
    Yeah $100 were the days
    06-28-10 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD