Verizon's LTE Pricing To Launch Dumb Pipe Era -- InformationWeek

Looks like pricing will be similar to that of home Internet service: pay more for faster speeds.
    11-18-10 10:49 AM
    I don't like that.

And it wasn't clear to me if this was for everything LTE on VZW or just the Net access (and not smartphones).
    11-18-10 11:11 AM
    Ya, they are throwing the soap bar in front of us to bend over and pick it up. You know what happens next!
    11-18-10 11:48 AM
    Ya, they are throwing the soap bar in front of us to bend over and pick it up. You know what happens next!
    Why do you keep posting this? STFU!
    11-18-10 11:50 AM
    I don't mind that. IMHO, 3G speeds are great for MY needs. 4G...wow they will be amazing. But I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." If you want to save money, drop down the speed and amount you can access. If you are a power user and require high speeds and a lot of data, you pay for that. No one is holding a gun to your head, demanding that you pay a specific amount.

If you want a smartphone, there are natural consequences = money.
    11-18-10 03:22 PM
    I don't mind that. IMHO, 3G speeds are great for MY needs. 4G...wow they will be amazing. But I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." If you want to save money, drop down the speed and amount you can access. If you are a power user and require high speeds and a lot of data, you pay for that. No one is holding a gun to your head, demanding that you pay a specific amount.

If you want a smartphone, there are natural consequences = money.
    For smartphone usage 3G speeds would seem to be good enough. Now talking about tethering and data cards is a different story.
    11-18-10 07:35 PM
    Oh I agree with these latter comments. My concern is we have no way of ensuring that big red isn't clamping down speeds where they shouldn't, etc. I guess you can run a speed test app to monitor things, but I just have this feeling that big red will screw it up.

That being said, if I can retain my unlimited, or a sufficiently high number for my useage, and I can lower my bill, that's a +!
    11-19-10 08:29 AM
    LTE is overrated for a handheld.
    3G works for me and I don't plan to pay more for LTE.
    11-19-10 08:45 AM
    If you plan on video conferencing (good quality) or other things that will evident in the future. 3G may not be enough, even on smartphone
    11-19-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD