09-02-09 05:03 PM
91 1234
tools
    But depending on the rep you get, or how much **** you raise, you can get waaaay more than that bit of spare change.

When I'd asked people that do that, why they do, (I used to work for directv so we could even break it down to - missed 3 hours only 5 channels etc) they'd say it's just the idea of it. It's not the money, it's just the point of "I did pay for that so I deserve it". It's stupid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 03:21 PM
    It's stupid.
    my point exactly.
    08-18-09 03:22 PM
    But hey, us smart people, especially those of us in customer service, would be out of a job without those stupid people.

08-18-09 03:24 PM
    But hey, us smart people, especially those of us in customer service, would be out of a job without those stupid people.
    so true...
    08-18-09 03:27 PM
    Larry, you're almost right. Outages, especially ones that have nothing to do with the actual carrier, or even things such as what contracts like to call 'acts of god', are usually not something the carrier covers. But people like you that call in and complain because your cell phone service went out shortly for reasons you could care less about, of course we're going to give you a credit because we "have to keep you happy". if a ten cent credit makes you happy, that's fine. Short calls like yours makes our call stats better.

08-18-09 03:30 PM
    I dont understand why thats stupid......VZW or DIRECT will sue you if you dont 100% meet your contract so explain to me how we justify not making the customer happy 100% when wireless carriers enjoy some of the highest cost to profit margins?.......VZW or DIRECT cant afford to throw the consumer a bone after theyve pummeled consumers for years with near criminal arbitration clauses run by companys running for the hills now?
    im not saying that the wanting credit is stupid when it is a justified outage, just the whole "my service went out for 3 hours" thing. I mean I do it, and i dont question it, because yes, if i were in the same position i would want credit for it too. But when its a temporary thing that fixes itself then its not worth it to me to make a fuss about.
    08-18-09 03:33 PM
    I dont understand why thats stupid......VZW or DIRECT will sue you if you dont 100% meet your contract so explain to me how we justify not making the customer happy 100% when wireless carriers enjoy some of the highest cost to profit margins?.......VZW or DIRECT cant afford to throw the consumer a bone after theyve pummeled consumers for years with near criminal arbitration clauses run by companys running for the hills now?
    I highly doubt either companies would sue a single customer for not following one thing. I can see then sending the bill YOU DIDN'T PAY to collections. Well duh.

I can see them shutting off your service because you didn't pay. Or was doing something you shouldn't have, that they put not to in the agreement you chose to sign. Well duh.

As I, and even you, mentioned. The contract covers them for things that are out of their control. If something with, let's say RIM, went down that cause al customers to lose their data, why should VERIZON pay for part of your bill?

It's not about giving a credit to a customer that isn't satisfied with the service. What I'm saying is stupid is the fact that is everything on your phone but texting didn't work for three hours that credit is stupid. Now if nothing on your phone worked for a period of time, that I can see.

Get it yet?

08-18-09 03:38 PM
    if you think about it, you are being charged $60/$30/$15 per month based on your plan. if your service goes out for 3 hours, that is a $.50/$.25/$.13 charge. its pointless to call a carrier and ask for that type of credit when you can lift a couch cusion or clean out your car and find that spare change to fill your pocket. now if it goes out for a full day then it might be worth it to call in.
    Its NOT about the money...
    08-18-09 05:05 PM
    Yeah, I get that. I said that. But that doesn't make the fact of it any less stupid for some of the reasons some people call in and ask for credits.

08-18-09 05:08 PM
    I guess I'm lucky. With the data outage a few days ago I called VZW let them know I had been with out it and she said yeah were having data issues. I politely asked if I could get some sort of credit, and 2 seconds later "ok sir you have a $30 credit to your account". I'm like 'sweet this is why I'm with VZW".

Every issue I've ever had has always been cleared up - they even go sofare as to promise that your issues WILL get fixed, all part of their gauarentee. I thought I was moving back to Norway and let Verizon know this they ended my contract with no fees since they have no service in Norway. No questions asked. It turned out a few days later it was a bust and I had a call from Verizon asking if I'd like to come back, and I did after finding out I wasnt moving. I got a Curve for $20 with no contract extension on my original account and a bunch of credits on top of it. A week later I decided I wanted a Storm instead, called em up had a new Storm 2 days later for $100 with no contract extension. And they credited me back for the Curve when they got it back.

I was then told next time I upgrade to call and they will continue to give me new phones at 2 year prices with only a 1 year contract. Can't get better than that. I've also been noted as a VIP customer.

I've never once had even close to the kind of service with Sprint as I have with VZW. No clue why others do. Just call them back they will make it right with you. They promise this the day you sign up.
    08-18-09 11:03 PM
    early upgrade fee? i did not pay an early upgrade fee. my upgrade date was moved...as in i could go on verizonwireless.com, best buy, anywhere, and buy and phone with a 1 or 2 year agreement...no fees at all...i dont know what youre talking about...

my friend has the iphone 2G 3.0 and his app store, browser, email, and everything works just fine...its not noticeably slower... in fact he was able to have his work email on his iphone, no extra charge, but on his blackberry he would have to do the enterprise deal which costs more money a month...
    try this PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many and pitch your gripe in a letter to VZW corporate office they will resolve your issue guaranteed i had an issue with a phone for 8 months and they rectified it in 2 days i was in 2 new blackberries no hidden fees no special terms...try this ...trust meon this!!
    08-20-09 07:24 PM
    Any reps know if you can do this through ACSS?
    Not that I'm aware of... although we JUST got access to switch view so who knows.
    08-21-09 12:30 PM
    Not that I'm aware of... although we JUST got access to switch view so who knows.
    Uhh. Guessing you aren't a coordinator then. Switch view is required for that position.

08-21-09 12:57 PM
    UPDATE:

After returning my storm, I went back to my red 8830WE. The problem with the spinning clock would not go away, even after wiping the phone and doing a clean install of OS.

Called verizon yesterday and told them what was going on and long story short he said I could have a new one sent to me or go to the corporate store and pick one up (silver, no red) for $50 because this phone I got from a friend was refurbished and out of warranty. I caved. I was so sick of it I just said what the heck I'll pay the 50, get a certified like new phone, and not have to extend my contract.

The guy calls a store near me (i was out of town at the moment) and makes sure they have one. Turns out they did, only one, and it was silver, not red. No big deal to me, I could care less about color.

Go to the store, and was helped within 2 minutes. The guy told me that I should not be charged for the equipment even though they were replacing a phone that was given to me by a friend because I have total equipment coverage. Not sure exactly what that is but I was shocked that a phone tech rep would have overlooked that.

So this basically means no matter what phone I have, if I have it activated on my line and have problems, they are willing to fix it for free?

We had a nice chat about new phones, old phones, and the like. (No word on the samsung rogue, lg chocolate touch, or omnia 2) He taught me about the ALT LGLG deal, in addition to using the memory cleaner (I always used memory cleaner but never knew about alt LGLG).

So far, no spinning clock on this phone. I've deleted extra languages, brick breaker, and a few other things that I know I wont use. I installed a 2 gig memory card and set device memory to 12mb.

I only installed weatherbug direct, appworld, and facebook on here. I am weary of installing my curve 8900 theme on here just because everything is running so smoothly. How much memory do themes typically take?

I asked this guy if he gets commission on new phone purchases even though hes a tech (who was employed by a 3rd party company, not verizon) and he said he did.

When the time comes for me to upgrade, or if i have any problems at all, I'm going to this store to see him. Its an hour away from me but they have techs there unlike at the local corporate store here. I travel that way once a week anyways.

He and I both hated on the storm, and our disappointments with the upcoming storm2.

I got his business card...which doesnt have a pin number on it gosh darn it, but hey, one can only hope...

So yeah...vzw haters out there, I sympathize with ya...but you just have to keep calling until you get the right person, or keep going to different stores until you find someone whos willing to help...

Right now I'm actually satisfied with my phone...woah did I just say that???

Now if they would have given me a blackberry curve 8330 for a replacement instead of an 8830 (same price) I would have been even happier...

I posted an ad in the marketplace section...if I was a member for 3 months I would be willing to trade my 8830 for an 8330...
    08-27-09 07:41 PM
    UPDATE:

I got his business card...which doesnt have a pin number on it gosh darn it, but hey, one can only hope...

.....wierd.
    08-27-09 08:01 PM
    He was wrong..

08-27-09 10:01 PM
    I thought so... I just didnt want to say anything "snide"
    I could said it just like that though... well put and hear hear
    08-28-09 12:14 AM
    mine has never been extended. case in point of the original post... INCONSISTENCY

your probably extended it with billing,if it was a lost or stolen phone thats what we usually do.if you suspend any other way there is no way around it you contract end date WILL change
    08-28-09 01:36 AM
    major point of latest post was this:

"The guy told me that I should not be charged for the equipment even though they were replacing a phone that was given to me by a friend because I have total equipment coverage. Not sure exactly what that is but I was shocked that a phone tech rep would have overlooked that."

is this something everybody has that has total equipment coverage?
    08-28-09 02:42 AM
    You can only add equipment coverage on clnr, upgrades, new activations, etc..

Having it on a phone you got from a friend is actually a waste of money, because they are not supposed to replace it.

How many phones do you think a store would go through if they let you put just any broke phone on your account? Then you would turn around and get a replacement.

Same thing with warranty. If you bought it from a friend and then activated it - vzw cannot track the warranty because it is on a different account at that point. It will give an error and charge a $50 fee.

08-28-09 08:09 AM
    It almost sounds like the rep was trying to make the customer happy by maybe even waving the 50$ fee, which I have done for customer's several times. But if you want to twist a good thing into a bad one feel free.
    08-28-09 08:14 AM
    I've waived fru fees a lot if I can prove they had the phone for only a year.

08-28-09 08:17 AM
    That is the only way I waive em too. Obviously if a tour pulls a fee and there's no physical damage I just verify the esn outta habit but duh right?

08-28-09 08:35 AM
    Same with storm lol
    08-28-09 08:36 AM
    Oh yeah, that poor thing is less than a year old too... Shoulda shot it dead when I had the chance

08-28-09 09:15 AM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD