09-02-09 05:03 PM
91 1234
tools
    If I thought they were so inconsistent and so horrible I would -
    a. Complain and stay with VZW, all the while expecting every CSR to know everything about policies/devices.
    b. Enjoy the service areas and stop complaining
    c. Cut my losses, pay the etf like a big boy and go to TMO/Sprint/AT&T...
    Obviously the OP went with A. Maybe its time to move on and experience some other CSR's from the other carriers... good luck
    08-17-09 01:40 PM
    I have my flame suit ready for this but, I am pretty sure if you suspend your line with pay, another words like the op said pay the 15or whatever a month, you contract is not extended, however if you suspend with out pay then yes your contract is extended so in short what I am saying is if the op is planning on suspending with pay (whatever that amount is) vzw will not extend the contract end date.
    08-17-09 02:21 PM
    Ok keep saying that. Just know it can be changed manually, not just by doing a manager approval upgrade

Stores CANNOT change dates, they can only process an upgrade using an exception code. There is no ability for even a manager to change a date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 02:52 PM
    That is correct.

Whew...see everyone flamed him for nothing he was right
    08-17-09 02:53 PM
    This thread got off topic quick, but I'm glad it got back on track.
    I'm sorry that the OP was given misinformation. If more CSRs would use their resources then the information would be more consistant. No matter if I think I know the answer I will look it up just to be sure. I tell the customer I'm looking it up because I dont want to give incorrect information. Its all there... Some of us employees here have even verified using our resources to people here.
    I hope the OP can get this resolved; however, this is not JUST verizon; as posted above; any call center for any carrier you contact you will get the same type of thing. Some worse than others. AT&T I'd get some real bad cross stories... Sprint I've heard absolute HORROR stories from.
    Regardless it happens... Sorry it did, but thats why you have to confirm things.
    08-17-09 03:15 PM
    What system do you use? Stores use netace. When you pull up a mobile number and look at the right side of the customer information there is the upgrade date with a pencil next to it. Guess what you can do just by clicking that pencil?! I will give you a hint, same thing happens as if you click the pencil next to the mtn in the service screen, it can be changed!
    It cannot. So much for not spreading misinformation. Thanks for proving the OP right.

08-17-09 04:49 PM
    What system do you use? Stores use netace. When you pull up a mobile number and look at the right side of the customer information there is the upgrade date with a pencil next to it. Guess what you can do just by clicking that pencil?! I will give you a hint, same thing happens as if you click the pencil next to the mtn in the service screen, it can be changed!

But, you need a manager's approval, and 9 times out of 10 they will just tell you to do an adjustment they can approve.

Which makes no sense to me, but hey, you are right. And i didnt know that myself, but I think it just shows that there are some things the company doesnt want to promote.
    08-17-09 05:06 PM
    inconsistency...yet again...one rep saying one thing, and other contradicting the other...
    08-17-09 07:29 PM
    inconsistency...yet again...one rep saying one thing, and other contradicting the other...
    Or, they were taught differently.....

nahhhh, that cant be it
    08-17-09 08:17 PM
    MofoMagic: "Or, they were taught differently.....

nahhhh, that cant be it"

08-17-09 09:23 PM
    I'm done arguing about it. I would post a screen shot, but that would just cause too much blacking out, enough where it will then be questioned wether or not it was photo shopped. Anyone working in retail (vzw rep) that uses NetAce, pull up an acct and please tell us all what happens when you click the pencil next to the upgrade date.
    08-17-09 09:29 PM
    Any reps know if you can do this through ACSS?
    08-18-09 08:28 AM
    why does crap like this have to happen?
    I agree, afterall, you are a VIP......how dare
    08-18-09 09:12 AM
    I agree, afterall, you are a VIP......how dare
    True why would they do that to you? A VIP and everything has to deal with the same issues others do... What kind of world is this?
    08-18-09 09:20 AM
    Any reps know if you can do this through ACSS?
    Store reps only use NetAce, dont have access to ACSS. one of my old coworkers a couple years back came from a call center, QA actually, and he had ACSS for a couple months before they revoked it.
    08-18-09 09:25 AM
    My thought is some reps here portray themselves as VZW reps, when really they work for authorized dealers, and they feel that corp employees have the same authorizations to do some things that they do. quite wrong.
    08-18-09 09:28 AM
    just a quick question since this is where this is goin, did you all decide who can **** the farthest yet
    08-18-09 09:38 AM
    I use ACSS, and yes you can change the date for both NE2 and Upgrade date, but you better have a VERY good reason to change it.
    Pretty sure it has to be signed off by a supe as well?
    08-18-09 11:09 AM
    Is it that pencil in service view under service info?
    08-18-09 11:09 AM
    In net ace? No. When you pull up an account, the left side of the acerb shows customer info, right shows upgrade info. There is a pencil next to both the new every 2 date and the upgrade date. There is no pencil in the service screen

Is it that pencil in service view under service info?
    08-18-09 11:15 AM
    In net ace? No. When you pull up an account, the left side of the acerb shows customer info, right shows upgrade info. There is a pencil next to both the new every 2 date and the upgrade date. There is no pencil in the service screen

Oh no, Im talkin in acss... its right next to the contract end date.
    08-18-09 11:17 AM
    We have no pencil there. Because store employees CAN'T DO IT.

if i remember correctly, he stated he was speaking to a manager.
    08-18-09 01:19 PM
    why would you hate that? if my comcast service goes out, cable, internet, or phone, even for 5 minutes, i get a credit. no i have never called in because it went out for 5 minutes, i am just saying...

you pay for the service to be active and running 24/7... i dont know about you, but my phone bill aint cheap...i have 5 lines total, 2 clam phones i dont even know the models of, an env, a dare, and the blackberry...yes my discounts are nice, but my bill is still 180-200 a month...

now multiply the 200x12 and thats 2400 bucks a year verizon is making off of me. now figure in how long i have been a customer with them, and yeah i dont even want to say how much...

to the person mocking me for saying i am VIP...yes the vip thing is nice...no restocking fees...already get the 25 percent off accessories from my work discount so thats useless, and phonebook transfer is also free...

i went to this page here to try to see what my benefits are
    https://www.vzwshop.com/nevip/

i tried all 5 of the phone numbers from my account and none of them would let me log in...whats up with that?

called the 1800 number...first time it went to a phone sex line...second time i did speak with a rep...he stated that VIP is basically having the benefit of no restocking fees, no activation fees, no phone number transfer fees, and 25% off accessories.

you become vip based on how long you have been a customer and if you pay your bill on time or not...

Hmmm...
    08-18-09 01:52 PM
    why would you hate that? if my comcast service goes out, cable, internet, or phone, even for 5 minutes, i get a credit. no i have never called in because it went out for 5 minutes, i am just saying...

you pay for the service to be active and running 24/7... i dont know about you, but my phone bill aint cheap...i have 5 lines total, 2 clam phones i dont even know the models of, an env, a dare, and the blackberry...yes my discounts are nice, but my bill is still 180-200 a month...

now multiply the 200x12 and thats 2400 bucks a year verizon is making off of me. now figure in how long i have been a customer with them, and yeah i dont even want to say how much...

to the person mocking me for saying i am VIP...yes the vip thing is nice...no restocking fees...already get the 25 percent off accessories from my work discount so thats useless, and phonebook transfer is also free...

i went to this page here to try to see what my benefits are
    https://www.vzwshop.com/nevip/

i tried all 5 of the phone numbers from my account and none of them would let me log in...whats up with that?

called the 1800 number...first time it went to a phone sex line...second time i did speak with a rep...he stated that VIP is basically having the benefit of no restocking fees, no activation fees, no phone number transfer fees, and 25% off accessories.

you become vip based on how long you have been a customer and if you pay your bill on time or not...

Hmmm...
    Just ignore the negative comments...Im quite sure VZW appreciates your payment history.....your dollar amount you pay each year and hence why youre rewarded with the status......aside from the negative folks on here....I think the "good" vzw folks are trying hard....unfortunately....things happen and they have to answer alot of very specific questions...so I can see both sides....take it with a grain of salt and enjoy the reliable service you have....all carriers unfortunately have some issue whatever it may be.....it really just doesnt pay to let a few bitter unhappy little people ruin your opinion of a carrier....clearly you have signifigantly more knowledge and you have THIS fantastic resource......all I can say is thank god for CB.....and keep your fingers crossed the mods break out the yard rakes!!!!
    08-18-09 02:56 PM
    why would you hate that?
    if you think about it, you are being charged $60/$30/$15 per month based on your plan. if your service goes out for 3 hours, that is a $.50/$.25/$.13 charge. its pointless to call a carrier and ask for that type of credit when you can lift a couch cusion or clean out your car and find that spare change to fill your pocket. now if it goes out for a full day then it might be worth it to call in.
    08-18-09 03:14 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD