09-02-09 04:03 PM
91 123 ...
tools
    Let me break this down for ya...

Bought my storm august 2nd from a corporate location ...was eligible for upgrade july 30th. i got my corporate discount and paid 30 dollars extra to have the contract be a 12 month one (eligible for upgrade in 10 months rather than 20 mos with a 24 month agreement)

that day i had problems with the storm, dead pixel issue, and freezing, phone was replaced in 2 hrs...

the replacement did not have dead pixels but also froze frequently, overall not satisfied with the phone. i was not returning the phone because i didnt like the color of it or how it looked...the phone had problems...

today I go in to a corporate store to return the device, they reactivate my old blackberry 8830 world edition. they wipe the contents of the storm.

after that i have them check to make sure in the computer that i am still eligible for and upgrade (thank god i had them check)....

Store mgr:sir, your upgrade date is September 30th...

This makes no sense at all. Yes my original upgrade date was september 30th, but in july i was having problems with my 8830 (which have sense then been resolved *crosses fingers*) and without asking my upgrade date was moved to july30th. at that time i could go to any retailer, corporate or not, online, on the phone, anywhere and buy equipment. the manager said i needed to call technical support and have them change it back. he could do nothing.

1st call to 611 was to confirm if what the manager said was true and tell them about how rude the manager was to me in the store . the lady told me with their 30 day worry free guarantee that no matter what, after you buy a phone with an upgrade, and return it not exchange it, your contract date stays changed as if i still had the new storm, but the account would have to be manually notated that it was incorrect.

at this time on a computer it said i was not eligible for an upgrade until sept 30th...

if i wanted to buy a different phone, she said my only choice would be to go to a corporate store only, or on the phone w verizon, no online ordering with verizon or going to best buy...basically meaning if i wanted instant rebates or anything like that i was SOL and would have to wait 4-6 weeks. her supervisor said this was policy, and nothing could be changed...HA

so now if this is company policy, then why did the store manager act like he had no clue with what was going on and had no explanation??

after i hung up i then realized that my phone could not connect to the internet, and was not able to send or receive emails even though i had tried registering the device.

i called back, and briefly explained what had taken place. this rep was so kind and considerate. not only did she get my 8830we up and running, she even talked to her supervisor and had my upgrade date moved effective today, so in the event i want to purchase a phone, i can do so online, or from best buy, or online through verizon. she even said the store manager should have set the upgrade date back to what it originally was...the manager said he could not.

why does crap like this have to happen? meaning why is it that half of the time you have to accept whatever a rep says, then hang up and call right back to hopefully get in touch with someone that can help???

my contract is up january 2010...thinking of avoiding 175 ETF by suspending the phone for one month, then paying 15 for a 3 month vacation suspension...then activating a blackberry with boost mobile...OR getting an iphone 2G 3.0 and doing tmobile prepay (yes its not 3g speeds but the phone does have wifi and their data plan is only 19.99 a month)
    08-16-09 09:46 PM
    First off, are you sure you were not going to get the early upgrade fee refunded? If it was in for processing, it might not show up online for a week or so.

Secondly - you may have dealt with a third-party CS person on your first call into CS. Those people are likely to follow policy & not have the option to do an override. The override was beyond policy & a VZW rep was able & motivated to make it happen. This kind of thing happens on all carriers, not just VZW.

Third - have fun getting all the iPhone goodies to work on T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:04 PM
    early upgrade fee? i did not pay an early upgrade fee. my upgrade date was moved...as in i could go on verizonwireless.com, best buy, anywhere, and buy and phone with a 1 or 2 year agreement...no fees at all...i dont know what youre talking about...

my friend has the iphone 2G 3.0 and his app store, browser, email, and everything works just fine...its not noticeably slower... in fact he was able to have his work email on his iphone, no extra charge, but on his blackberry he would have to do the enterprise deal which costs more money a month...
    08-16-09 10:08 PM
    Third off if you suspend a line it extends your contract

08-16-09 10:37 PM
    since when??? not on verizon. maybe on a 3 month vacation one it would (never done that one before ) but ive suspended my phone before several times and my contract has not been extended....
    08-16-09 10:39 PM
    Yes it was. Suspend for 17 days, your contract is extended for 17 days.........

08-16-09 10:44 PM
    mine has never been extended. case in point of the original post... INCONSISTENCY
    08-16-09 10:45 PM
    Not talking about your upgrade date.... Talking contract end date........

08-16-09 10:48 PM
    Yes it was. Suspend for 17 days, your contract is extended for 17 days.........

That is true. If you sign for a 2 year contract it is 730.5128 days (depending on Leap Year and such) Anyway you are agreeing to use their service for 730 days, if you suspend service for 17 days you have to make up for the days you did not use so your contract is bumped up by the amount of days you weren't in contract because you suspended service.
    08-16-09 10:57 PM
    Not talking about your upgrade date.... Talking contract end date........

i know you arent talking about my upgrade date. my contract end date has NEVER changed due to suspending my phone...it only has changed when i upgraded...
    08-16-09 11:02 PM
    Then why don't you go ahead and suspend it, and when you're ready to cancel make sure you have the ETF cash ready. If there is no ETF because it didn't push back your date, awesome. You'll have some extra money then. If they did push it back, awesome again, you'll have the money to pay it.

... Now how complicated was that?
    08-16-09 11:04 PM
    early upgrade fee? i did not pay an early upgrade fee. my upgrade date was moved...as in i could go on verizonwireless.com, best buy, anywhere, and buy and phone with a 1 or 2 year agreement...no fees at all...i dont know what youre talking about...
    Bought my storm august 2nd from a corporate location ...was eligible for upgrade july 30th. i got my corporate discount and paid 30 dollars extra to have the contract be a 12 month one (eligible for upgrade in 10 months rather than 20 mos with a 24 month agreement)
    Need I say more?
    08-16-09 11:08 PM
    my story is straight.

i paid 247 dollars including tax for my blackberry storm on a 1 year agreement. i could do a mail in rebate of 100 if i wanted to.

today they refunded the full 247 dollars...they did not keep 30 dollars...what are you talking about???

let me reexplain this for you in case you misunderstood. with my corporate pricing my storm was 99 bucks for a 2 year agreement after 100 mail in rebate. or for 30 more dollars, aka $129, for a 1 year agreement...taxes not included...

i opted for the 1 year because i could get a new phone in 10 months rather than 20...for a mere extra 30 dollars..its not a fee its part of the phone pricing...
    08-16-09 11:12 PM
    twins i admire your removal of your rude comment...
    08-16-09 11:20 PM
    i know you arent talking about my upgrade date. my contract end date has NEVER changed due to suspending my phone...it only has changed when i upgraded...
    Think about it.... Say you have 30 days remaining on your contract, but you dont wanna pay that last month. So just suspend it for 30 days, then cancel it out on the 31st day. Get you out of the last month. Would that work? no, of course not, verizon will make you pay that last month still. how will they do that? extend the contract those last 30 days that you had the account suspended. hope that made sense...
    08-16-09 11:23 PM
    ive never suspended my phone for a full 30 days...just 2 or 3 weeks here and there from either leaving my phone somewhere, or going on a trip...

maybe suspending it for a full 30 would in fact extend it. im sure it would...thanks
    08-16-09 11:26 PM
    30 days was an example... same deal with 2 weeks or 1 week or 3 days
    08-16-09 11:28 PM
    ok, if you say so...if thats the case then why does my contract end date (the one the rep had to manually enter in to over ride the one from the storm purchase) equal 2 years exactly from my date of purchase???
    08-16-09 11:30 PM
    I'm done explaining it...apparently jfriend33 knows the answer already and won't accept what anyone else has to say.
    08-16-09 11:33 PM
    all of this set aside, read the original post...thats what this is supposed to be about...

how verizon is inconsistent...

having to call in, being told one thing, and then calling back and then you're told something else completely different....
    08-16-09 11:35 PM
    ok, if you say so...if thats the case then why does my contract end date (the one the rep had to manually enter in to over ride the one from the storm purchase) equal 2 years exactly from my date of purchase???
    because the rep probably didnt fully investigate the account and took the lazy way out and only checked the last time you did the upgrade. The call was recorded, they more than likely wont change the date to what it should be, mostly because you were already informed the date showing currently in the account. The rep however will more than likely be spoken to by his/her supervisor to make sure they know the correct policy/procedure to follow
    08-16-09 11:37 PM
    they do try to make sure that all the reps are on the same page, but every now and then some mis-information does get out, which is why every single call is recorded and monitered
    08-16-09 11:38 PM
    Read the forums and you will see that the big carriers all have problems delivering consistent cs. Sprint is known as the worst (off shore call centers main reason) but vzw and att have their own issues. I say if you like the network (good signal, data speeds etc) and the phones avail then just stay with what works. I get good coverage and fair rates with sprint so I have chosen to stay with em despite the worst cs imaginable. Best strategy is to do everything possible before calling cs then EXPECT to have to talk to more than one person when you do have to call them.
    08-16-09 11:39 PM
    thank you gsoscott for a legit answer!!!
    08-16-09 11:42 PM
    And no one appreciates mis information.... Just sayin. Stores can change upgrade dates where applicable

No one in any store has the ability to manually change an upgrade date.

08-17-09 12:07 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD