Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Tywanna, and I am happy to assist you regarding available equipment.

Currently, Verizon Wireless does not offer the Blackberry Curve. I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, I invite you to view our current phone selection as a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the following link, which will direct you the "Products" page of our website:

www.verizonwireless.com/products

You may also receive free e-mail updates as to when new products and services are available. To receive your free e-mail update please click on the following link, to view the "E-mail Updates" page of our website:

www.verizonwireless.com/emailupdates

There are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs.

We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Tywanna
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 01:13 PM
    Oh Tywanna. I think shes from my neighborhood LOL.

Anywho, where is this info/chatter/rumor of a CDMA version of the Curve coming from? Did I miss the news?
    11-20-07 01:18 PM
    it all stems from this article:

BlackBerry Curve World Edition for CDMA networks | The Boy Genius Report

And other rumors that the 8330 for cdma is coming up early 2008.
    11-20-07 01:37 PM
    based on verizon lag times in regards to new handset releases (the iphone and its ridiculous agreement with atandt notwithstanding) it would not be unrealistic to see a new curve for vzw in the first or second quarter of 2008...(probably the second quarter...)

this is PURELY speculative on my part..but is in keeping with their usually release times...

-db
    11-20-07 02:25 PM
    I just thought I'd share the response because when I sent them the question I was expecting some auto response system to tell me that they had no answer for me.

It wasn't a straight yes or no answer, but it did seem a tad hopeful to see words like "currently, the phone isn't being offered", and "There are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect"

Also didn't know if there were any others like me hoping for the curve who might like the link to get email updates from verizon on new products and services.
    11-20-07 03:24 PM
    Maggie,

I just saw your post about the Curve. I just upgraded my BB to an 8830 so I hope the Curve comes out within the next 30 days so I can take this one back and get the Curve. It looks like a sweet machine. Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by EmailBlues; 12-18-07 at 01:15 PM.
    12-18-07 01:10 PM
    Maggie,

I just saw your post about the Curve. I just upgraded my BB to an 8830 so I hope the Curve comes out within the next 30 days so I can take this one back and get the Curve. It looks like a sweet machine. Thanks for the info!
    Hi, welcome to CB. I sent them another email...I'm going to switch carriers if they don't get one soon. I have the 8830 as well and just can't survive much longer without a camera.
    12-18-07 07:28 PM
    Thanks, I called VZW today and asked them if they were getting the Curve soon. I told her I was concerned that it would be offered 31 days after the purchase of my 8830. She said it would not be coming out for at least the next couple of months or she would have gotten word of it. As for the camera, I use a Razor for my phone and it has a camera. I just use my BB for email and web when I am at work. It gets me around the private email at work restriction.

How do you like your 8830?
    12-18-07 08:34 PM
    i love my 8830, but w/ no camera i feel so stoneage.. =( I wish verizon would get the curve.
    12-18-07 09:52 PM
    I love my Pearl w/ Verizon and it has a 2 megapix camera. As with you, the Curve was not (yet?) an option for me, but now I am glad to have the Pearl. I like the smaller size and the SureType works just fine. Plus all the other great features!

If you can't wait for the Curve w/ Verizon and must have a camera, the Pearl is an excellent choice.
    12-19-07 11:26 AM
    hey, just as an insider hush hush thing, the curve is expected with bell canada maybe around feb '08 maybe....
    12-19-07 12:42 PM
    I would LOVE a CDMA Curve. I miss having a QWERTY keyboard.
    12-19-07 03:24 PM
    I love my Pearl w/ Verizon and it has a 2 megapix camera. As with you, the Curve was not (yet?) an option for me, but now I am glad to have the Pearl. I like the smaller size and the SureType works just fine. Plus all the other great features!

If you can't wait for the Curve w/ Verizon and must have a camera, the Pearl is an excellent choice.
    I just cant get use to the pearl keyboard. It is a great little BB but I didn't like the SureType. Maybe if vzw opens up their network as its been reported in the news lately I wont have to wait for them to get the curve. Otherwise I will just switch carriers when my contract is up.
    12-19-07 05:22 PM
    m_m, I just switched from VZW to TMO to get the Curve. Well, that and because I was able to get more for my money with the TMO plans. I had been with VZW since way back when they were Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile! I just finally got tired of the phone choices (or lack thereof) and the expensive plans. Otherwise, coverage and customer service have been (mostly) excellent.

My biggest concern is coverage. I'm in the Pittsburgh area where VZW offers the best overall coverage. I haven't received my new TMO device yet, so I'm still anxious to find out how things will go.

All of my family is on VZW too, so I'll lose the free IN calling... BUT I'll have more minutes and unlimited data for $30 less per month than I would have had with VZW.

As I get started in the worlds of BB and TMO I'll be hanging around these forums a bit, so I'll let you know how things work out.
    Last edited by Mini2Go; 12-19-07 at 09:41 PM.
    12-19-07 09:37 PM
    Let me know how that goes for you, I'm contemplating doing the same thing (leave vzw for tmo). My concern of course is the coverage as well. And that my girlfriend (on vzw) will now have a much higher phone bill since we'll lose the IN calling.
    12-20-07 09:51 AM
    Hey M_M,
    Now that I've had some time to play with my 8830 I am really enjoying it. I'm getting used to the keyboard and I've installed the Opera browser which is pretty sweet. The screen on this thing is awesome too!

I also did a sanity check and went back to the VZW store to look at the LG Voyager to see if I would like that better. The interface on that phone seemed cumbersome plus the reviews weren't that good. Plus, I really enjoy the "push" email on the BB so I decided to stick with it.

So I think I'll be ok with the 8830 for awhile. The Curve doesn't seem to be that different with the exception of the camera and the key spacing.

I hope everybody that wants one gets a Curve for Christmas!! You know there really is a Santa Claus!
    12-20-07 12:28 PM
    Hey EmailBlues, I also love my 8830 very much and have no issues with it with the exception of...no camera.

Don't get me wrong I have a very nice digital camera so I can take that with me if I'm going somewhere I might take a picture, however I miss the days with my old Moto Krzr when I would be at the store and see something I wanted to show my hubby or friend or whatever and I could sna[ a quick pic and send it off to them.

I also really wish vzw would quit disabling features, when my friends send me pix messages(which happens a lot) I think it is so annoying to have to log into vzw to view the message.

I hope the curve comes soon....
    12-20-07 04:58 PM
    Let me know how that goes for you, I'm contemplating doing the same thing (leave vzw for tmo). My concern of course is the coverage as well. And that my girlfriend (on vzw) will now have a much higher phone bill since we'll lose the IN calling.
    (I'm not sure if this is a thread-jack, but I apologize up-front if it is.)

So far, so good! I got the phone 2 days ago and haven't hardly quit playing with it (I just got the obligatory ear-beating from the wifey to prove it! )

Coverage so far has been reasonably good but it varies regionally - are you around Pburgh? At my house I don't get an EDGE signal, but I have WiFi so that easily resolves that!

No major complaints at this point. Loving the phone, TMO cust. service has been good for the one call I've made, and coverage has been acceptable in the limited amount of travel I've done so far. We'll be traveling around the Western PA region quite a bit for the holidays, so I'll be able to get a good sense of the coverage in my "regular" areas.
    12-22-07 08:00 AM
    I live in Williamstown, NJ..I'd say 40 mins from AC and Philadelphia. TMO is putting a tower up behind my work soon, so the coverage will increase for sure, although I hear its not bad now.

Maggie May, I have the same issue with verizon..disabled features and the annoying fact that they disable MMS on the phone because it doenst have a camera..even though it can handle MMS.
    12-22-07 10:54 AM
    We now have the Blackberry Curve!
    08-24-09 02:58 PM
    Why Would You Do This?
    08-24-09 03:00 PM
    I want to make sure everyone knows we now have the phone.....and i wanted to dig up a ridiculously old thread.
    08-24-09 03:05 PM
    Sounds to me like Mission Accomplished
    08-24-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD