12-21-10 01:49 PM
51 123
tools
    So Verizon is doing a "12 days of holiday deals" for Christmas. It started yesterday, Dec.10th and the last day is Dec.21st for the last deal. Every day they offer a new phone for free(or a lower discounted price) with a 2 year upgrade. I would imagine it applies to new line activation as well.

Anyway, yesterday the free deal was the LG Ally. Today is the Motorola Citrus. I really hope they arent filling the 12 days up with just android phones.(no offense droid fans) I'm hoping on one of those 12 days, they will offer the Bold 9650 *crossing fingers*

Is anyone else looking out for one of these 12 day deals for something also? Or will you just wait for the new year to see what Verizon has to offer along with the new 4G as well.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-14-10 at 09:10 AM.
    JRZLocal and pkcable like this.
    12-11-10 09:11 AM
    I already have a 9650, so am just waiting to see if those 9650s and 9330s that were advertised with OS6 actually become AVAILABLE before their "offer ends" on Dec. 24!

Seriously... go for the 9650 you've wanted, if it becomes available on the special. It's a great phone, and we know that it CAN be upgraded to OS6 whenever Verizon finally sees fit to release the official version.
    12-11-10 09:17 AM
    I already have a 9650, so am just waiting to see if those 9650s and 9330s that were advertised with OS6 actually become AVAILABLE before their "offer ends" on Dec. 24!

Seriously... go for the 9650 you've wanted, if it becomes available on the special. It's a great phone, and we know that it CAN be upgraded to OS6 whenever Verizon finally sees fit to release the official version.
    Thanks 7-I am patiently waiting. lol. I wanted to see if the price would come down right before Christmas for a deal or right after the new year. I've heard good things about the Bold. I've been on my Curve 8330 for lil over 2 yrs. now and it still runs like a champ. So it will be my back up when I finally get my new Bold
    12-11-10 09:25 AM
    im hoping they add the droid X. i have an upgrade im itching to use but dont want to spend 199.99 on this phone
    I would tend to think they would being its one of their top selling droids. They will prob hold out till the very last few days for it to keep you waiting
    I wouldn't want to pay 200 for a ph either, that's a nut and a half lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 10:07 AM
    me too. My upgrade has been sitting since Sept lol. And I've been holding out as well.

12-11-10 11:18 AM
    They actually started this about two weeks ago and the Bold was one of their first deals.
    12-11-10 11:31 AM
    They actually started this about two weeks ago and the Bold was one of their first deals.
    no sorry you must have it confused with another carrier. Verizons just started yesterday-i rec'd an email on it

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-11-10 at 01:47 PM.
    12-11-10 01:44 PM
    no sorry you must have it confused with another carrier. Verizons just started yesterday-i rec'd an email on it

No seriously it started like two weeks ago. its called the 24days before Christmas sale. Its posted on the verizon twitter and facebook and have deals everyday.

/thread
    12-11-10 05:59 PM
    No seriously it started like two weeks ago. its called the 24days before Christmas sale. Its posted on the verizon twitter and facebook and have deals everyday.

/thread
    hmmmm...well I don't have FB or T so I wouldn't have seen it. But ok, I guess they have a few specials going then! This one that I created the thread about is actually on the home page of Verizonwireless.com

12-11-10 06:09 PM
    This thread totally made my day. I went on to check and see what phone was the special today, and it's the phone my daughter decided she wanted. What are the odds that the phone I was going to purchase this week was the special of the day, today. lol I also got her the unlimited plan since they have that "talk for free" plan that gives you the 9.99 off from the talk plan. I guess for once my timing was great.
    12-13-10 12:47 PM
    awesome Kat! your daughter will be super happy!
    I'm still holding out to wait and see if they throw the Bold 9650 in there!
    So far:
    12/10- Day 1 - LG Ally free w/2y upgrade
    12/11-Day 2 - Motorola Citrus free w/2y upgrade
    12/12-Day 3 - Samsung Continuum free w/2y upgrade
    12/13-Day 4(today) - LG Vortex free w/2y upgrade
    Its looking like it may be a whole holiday line up of droid devices only BUT I'm still crossing my fingers for them to sneak a bb in there!

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-19-10 at 09:09 AM.
    12-13-10 01:35 PM
    Well, that sucks. My wife was looking at getting the LG Ally. She's also looking at the Droid Pro so we'll see if that makes the list.
    12-13-10 01:48 PM
    Yep she picked the Vortex a couple of days ago so timing was awesome. That coupled with the F&F talk free discount gave us the option to give her unlimited data so we don't have to worry. She doesn't know yet so when it comes she will be really surprised. Her old phone is hanging on by a thread right now and is not too reliable so timing is perfect. I am waiting for the next quarter to see what BB drops myself, I am out of contract right now so now I am just hoping they drop something great. I have the 9650 and love it but would love for them to add a touch screen to the top of it, can't live without my keyboard and the Droid Pro is not something I want. They say "patience is a virtue" I guess I am short on it though. lol
    12-13-10 01:49 PM
    Great post my gf is looking to get a Droid X. I told her she should just wait for a 4G phone but she never listens to me. Hopefully the X will be on special.
    12-13-10 02:36 PM
    Yep she picked the Vortex a couple of days ago so timing was awesome. That coupled with the F&F talk free discount gave us the option to give her unlimited data so we don't have to worry. She doesn't know yet so when it comes she will be really surprised. Her old phone is hanging on by a thread right now and is not too reliable so timing is perfect. I am waiting for the next quarter to see what BB drops myself, I am out of contract right now so now I am just hoping they drop something great. I have the 9650 and love it but would love for them to add a touch screen to the top of it, can't live without my keyboard and the Droid Pro is not something I want. They say "patience is a virtue" I guess I am short on it though. lol
    I agree with you Kat. I'd like to see a bb with the touch screen AND a keyboard like the Torch. But, who knows what could be coming out. My upgrade has been sitting since Sept because I originally was going to go droid from my 8330. I actually looked at the droid pro & I honestly did not care for it.(even with it being a "bb form") *IF* I was going to go droid, I'd go with the samsung fascinate, and 2nd choice the moto X(debloat & root them) but after 2 mths of deciding, I'm going to stay bb I want to get the Bold, but at the same time I want to see what Vzw may release aft the new year. So my patience is running low to. Lol. Sooooo. I'll prob wind up waiting.

Great post my gf is looking to get a Droid X. I told her she should just wait for a 4G phone but she never listens to me. Hopefully the X will be on special.
    JRZ, I would *think* being that the X is one of Vzw's top 3 in droid sales, that they will have it in one of their 12 days of deals. They prob will have it within the last 2 or 3 days to keep everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for it. Lol.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-13-10 at 06:52 PM.
    12-13-10 06:45 PM
    I've heard great things about the fascinate. Need my keyboard though. lol BB will drop something in the first Q...or 2nd... or 3rd lol
    12-14-10 12:29 AM
    I've heard great things about the fascinate. Need my keyboard though. lol BB will drop something in the first Q...or 2nd... or 3rd lol
    Yes I've heard good things about the SF also. I've actually spent 2hrs in a Vzw store and messed around with it. The screen is reeeeeeealy nice, but I dont think a droid is for me. Like you, I need my keypad as well. I did ok typing on the virtual keyboard while in the store (swype was cooool!), but I'm sure prolonged use with it, at some point frustration would set in.LOL BTW, it types just like an iTouch or iPad.
    As for bb releasing something soon, I LOL'd when you added on "or 2nd.....or 3rd" I hope it wont take that long. More and more I'm considering waiting on getting the Bold to see what comes out aft the new year. We'll see how much longer my patience can hold out!
    TODAYS VZW DEAL

Tues. 12/14 - Samsung Fascinate for $99 with a 2yr. renwl.
    So all you droidies out there waiting for this one to drop at a special price-today is your day!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-14-10 at 07:31 AM.
    12-14-10 07:29 AM
    Well, that sucks. My wife was looking at getting the LG Ally. She's also looking at the Droid Pro so we'll see if that makes the list.
    well valorian, if i had to guess, I would say that the Pro will make the list at some point being that is also another one of Verizons top selling droids atm. Hopefully your wife will catch a deal!
    12-14-10 09:14 AM
    The kid got her vortex today in violet, which is actually more of a deep plum color, very pretty. Have to say it's a neat phone and the touch screen is very good on it. I hate virtual keyboards but this one is very intuitive. I like it better than the Hubby's Droid 1. I think the kid picked well and it doesn't seem like a "lesser" android than the Droid line, so wtg LG. I will have her write a review in the android area after she's played around with it for a while. What a great special of the day from Verizon.
    12-14-10 11:26 PM
    Well, the Bold 9650 is on their site now for $29.99 with a new 2 year activation. And I can personally vouch that this is a great deal and a wonderful phone! Anyone who is thinking about upgrading, this is a phone that will not disappoint. And get the OS 6 leak.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-14-10 11:49 PM
    Hey P1nkD1am0nds - Today's your lucky day!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-15-10 01:31 AM
    The kid got her vortex today in violet, which is actually more of a deep plum color, very pretty. Have to say it's a neat phone and the touch screen is very good on it. I hate virtual keyboards but this one is very intuitive. I like it better than the Hubby's Droid 1. I think the kid picked well and it doesn't seem like a "lesser" android than the Droid line, so wtg LG. I will have her write a review in the android area after she's played around with it for a while. What a great special of the day from Verizon.
    very awesome Kat! Im sure she'll love it. the color sounds really nice. I love deep plum colors and pink of course. lol. LG does make good phones, a few of my kids have multi media cell by LG and they are nice. In the past I've always had LGs myself. Glad it all work out, Your daughter is happy with her new phone - your happy with the great deal you got! It's a win situation all around
    12-15-10 08:57 AM
    Well, the Bold 9650 is on their site now for $29.99 with a new 2 year activation. And I can personally vouch that this is a great deal and a wonderful phone! Anyone who is thinking about upgrading, this is a phone that will not disappoint. And get the OS 6 leak.
    I know! I saw it this morning when I got up to check and i was like
    I've heard really good things about the Bold. Im still deciding if i want to go droid tho but, from the list I've finally made (thanks sandman) its looking more and more like I'm staying bb I will be deciding by noon today so i can get this bad boy ordered and have it on Friday!!

Hey P1nkD1am0nds - Today's your lucky day!
    I KNOW!! Like i just posted, I'm really leaning to stay bb
    I was just coming here to say the same thing!!!!!! What a great deal!!!!
    LOL! thanks for the heads up!
    Thanks for thinking of me guys/gals! I'm so stoked right now....my patience to wait just a bit more to be sure is KILLING ME! LOL 2yrs is a long contract. I usually only go 1yr. But at a great price for $29.99, I'll have to bite the bullet and just deal. I'll post back when I order.
    and of all days, today is turning out to be a "crazy run around like a chicken without a head" kinda day! lol
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-15-10 at 09:14 AM.
    12-15-10 09:07 AM
    OK! Totally psyched!!! Soooo, not only did I decide to place my order for the Bold 9650 I also got one for free for my son's line with the BOGO! Both for $29.99! & Vzw upgraded my shipping to overnight at no cost
    Also the tech made sure he adjusted the line because they have that deal that added lines with smartphones talk free-so that will be in place as well till 12/2012. Just the data plan has to be paid. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Neither can my son. Lol. w00t!

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-15-10 at 11:10 AM.
    12-15-10 11:06 AM
    WTG P1nk. I love the smartphones talk free part. That's what we got for my daughters phone as well, I think that's the better part of the deal myself. lol You'll love the Bold, I love mine.
    12-15-10 11:42 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD