05-08-13 02:01 AM
69 123
tools
    Same thing happened to me. I'm really angry with Verizon. They're bullies.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:56 AM
    That alert is most likely because you deleted a pushed carrier app and it wanted to reinstall it.
    No, this is actually the 10.0.10 update, it mentioned the 60 battery saving fixes, calendar fixes which bugs have been happening with the current Verizon OS, etc. Etc. Etc.

It's definately the new OS, just their servers are behind and should be available within the next few hours.

The reason that ppl are updating to the same ver is because they deleted a Verizon pushed app like Bing or Slacker. Everyone just give it a few hours, be patient. The update IS coming today.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:59 AM
    I have never deleted any carrier apps so I think maybe it's an update for the update?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:11 PM
    I have never deleted any carrier apps so I think maybe it's an update for the update?

Posted via CB10
    update within an update... ????
    DAMM its inception all over again... dream within a dream.... within in a nightmare!!
    Stefan Blum likes this.
    04-25-13 01:12 PM
    even if it is the 10.0.10 update.... i want skype... cant get skype until verizon pushes the 10.1.
    i guess they'll release the 10.1 when everyone else has 10.2.
    04-25-13 01:13 PM
    I've got the. 422 update as well and have not deleted any carrier apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 03:27 PM
    Both my wife and my Z10 received the attached notification from Verizon, what they pushed was a 1 MB file that did not appear to do anything and left the same version of 10.0.9.422. Neither phone had any of the original apps removed. It would appear Verizon made an error. The notification need not include a version number.

So I guess this is what Verizon really did:

http://crackberry.com/verizon-pushin...some-z10-users
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Z10 Software Update?-software-update.jpg  
    Last edited by Tom_Colorado; 04-25-13 at 06:36 PM.
    04-25-13 06:19 PM
    I installed the latest leaked update, 1483 or whatever. No VZW software was included, no visual voicemail, backup assistant, etc. But the kicker is, VZW software doesn't show up at all in BB App World. None of it! I was taken aback at first, then I thought that's cool to not have that stuff anyway, but then I think I was using Visual voicemail, now I cant, I did back up my contacts using Backup Assistant, now I cant. Thankfully I did a Google backup also.
    04-29-13 12:32 PM
    Just downloaded a 12Mb update described as being for the OS. But it isn't for the OS.

I continue to delete certain apps (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) and the so called "Updates" insist on reinstalling them. This needs to be fixed.

Twitter and Facebook are NOT the OS. If we want to install (or reinstall) apps, we know how to do that. Stop forcing these through software updates improperly described as OS improvements.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:35 PM
    War eagle. I feel they are being considered Os updates due to how deeply integrated they are in the OS. Stick them in a folder and name it unused. Then stick the folder on the last page. Problem solved.
    05-03-13 09:04 PM
    War eagle. I feel they are being considered Os updates due to how deeply integrated they are in the OS. Stick them in a folder and name it unused. Then stick the folder on the last page. Problem solved.
    I stick them in a folder and label them junk.

On my Z10 with CB10!
    05-03-13 10:24 PM
    No, this is actually the 10.0.10 update, it mentioned the 60 battery saving fixes, calendar fixes which bugs have been happening with the current Verizon OS, etc. Etc. Etc.

It's definately the new OS, just their servers are behind and should be available within the next few hours.

The reason that ppl are updating to the same ver is because they deleted a Verizon pushed app like Bing or Slacker. Everyone just give it a few hours, be patient. The update IS coming today.

Posted via CB10

So when are we expecting 10.0.10 again? Those servers must be really slow.
    05-04-13 12:52 PM
    So when are we expecting 10.0.10 again? Those servers must be really slow.
    Lmao hey.. I just had the benefit of the doubt seeing a the battery saving features n such are in 10.0.10, some people updated their phone, but that's only if you didn't already update backup assistant on your own. I for instance updated backup assistant from BlackBerry World a few days before the update notice was sent out, and I've checked for an update with nothing there. So pretty much Verizon simply sent out that notice by mistake or some BS because the battery saving features and other features aren't in this version. I'm so sick of Verizon, I think we should start a petition or something that they are scr3wing over all of their BlackBerry customers and it's BS. I'm sick of my phone not working properly.. calender colors reset themselves, contacts app settings resets itself, I can go on and on and on. All of which are fixed in 10.0.10, so WHY Verizon, WHY are you punishing us for purchasing the phone on your network? I'm so fking sick of this..

Posted via CB10
    organized_mayhem likes this.
    05-04-13 05:03 PM
    Lmao hey.. I just had the benefit of the doubt seeing a the battery saving features n such are in 10.0.10, some people updated their phone, but that's only if you didn't already update backup assistant on your own. I for instance updated backup assistant from BlackBerry World a few days before the update notice was sent out, and I've checked for an update with nothing there. So pretty much Verizon simply sent out that notice by mistake or some BS because the battery saving features and other features aren't in this version. I'm so sick of Verizon, I think we should start a petition or something that they are scr3wing over all of their BlackBerry customers and it's BS. I'm sick of my phone not working properly.. calender colors reset themselves, contacts app settings resets itself, I can go on and on and on. All of which are fixed in 10.0.10, so WHY Verizon, WHY are you punishing us for purchasing the phone on your network? I'm so fking sick of this..

Posted via CB10
    Have you told your carrier and BlackBerry this?

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-05-13 02:42 AM
    Have you told your carrier and BlackBerry this?

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    It's 100% Verizon fault, not BlackBerry's at all. And Verizon doesn't give a sh1t, they don't listen to their customers, especially if it's just a few people. All we can do at this point is wait it out i guess.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Flip4Bytes; 05-06-13 at 01:33 PM.
    05-05-13 03:03 PM
    Yep! It's BEYOND frustrating!!!! I use to wonder why people risk messing up their phones with leak OS but now that I'm with Verizon, I see why!
    05-06-13 09:28 AM
    Hi guys, am using the Verizon unlocked z10 on Airtel network and am stuck in Os 10.0.9.2709..i can't download some apps e.g whatsapp. I need help on how to upgrade my os.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 09:29 AM
    Hi guys, am using the Verizon unlocked z10 on Airtel network and am stuck in Os 10.0.9.2709..i can't download some apps e.g whatsapp. I need help on how to upgrade my os.

Posted via CB10
    BE CAREFUL & BACK UP YOUR DATA

Here are the steps to do it, but INSTEAD of downloading the file mentioned in the walkthrough (as they are for phone version STL-1, 2, & 3 & VERIZON is STL-4) download THIS autoloader here: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/OSs/...483.498812.rar

and THEN follow these instructions with the above download

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rience-803279/

BE CAREFUL & BACK UP YOUR DATA
    05-06-13 01:33 PM
    Backup FIRST and when done with 1483 update just put backed up files back in phone and your two VZW Programs are there! Mine were.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:01 AM
69 123