Hey all!

I am up for my new phone from Verizon and it'll be $199. My fiance has the Bold and is not up for a new phone yet. Verizon told me a Z10 will be $599 for her!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her a Z10 for the $199 price?

Thanks!!
    03-21-13 07:09 PM
    Give her your upgrade, while you pay full retail.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    03-21-13 07:11 PM

Yes. She must not have an upgrade so she has to pay full retail price. If you want to sacrifice your own upgrade for her, then you would be a true gentleman lol. But also, here is what you can do: open up a new line, use the upgrade for that, and then cancel either that line or the old line.
    03-21-13 07:13 PM
    Hey all!

I am up for my new phone from Verizon and it'll be $199. My fiance has the Bold and is not up for a new phone yet. Verizon told me a Z10 will be $599 for her!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her a Z10 for the $199 price?

Thanks!!
    None that would be legal. They're not just going to give you the phone with a reduced rate unless you are not currently on a contract with them. That said, you may be able to persuade them to if you're a really good talker. Nothing is impossible in the world of business. Heck, if you're really good you could get it for free. I've witnessed crazier things in the business world.

Seriously though, here are suggestions on "how to get HER a Z10 for the $199."

1- Pay the difference.
    2- If she's not already on your bill, add her as a line (pay the difference in the remainder of her existing contract).
    3- Start a fund - I'll donate (possibly other would too-together we may be able to help you raise the difference).
    4- DO NOT SELL A KIDNEY (ok, so that's not really a way to get the phone for $199, I was just saying. It's not worth it).

Hope for the best for you!
    ddlax22 and AnimalPak200 like this.
    03-21-13 08:14 PM
    None that would be legal. They're not just going to give you the phone with a reduced rate unless you are not currently on a contract with them. That said, you may be able to persuade them to if you're a really good talker. Nothing is impossible in the world of business. Heck, if you're really good you could get it for free. I've witnessed crazier things in the business world.

Seriously though, here are suggestions on "how to get HER a Z10 for the $199."

1- Pay the difference.
    2- If she's not already on your bill, add her as a line (pay the difference in the remainder of her existing contract).
    3- Start a fund - I'll donate (possibly other would too-together we may be able to help you raise the difference).
    4- DO NOT SELL A KIDNEY (ok, so that's not really a way to get the phone for $199, I was just saying. It's not worth it).

Hope for the best for you!
    It would be amazing if you would start a fund for me. I had to sell my 9930, so I'm using an old iPhone 4. I'm not eligible for a new phone for another year. Sad part is, I think I'm the only person in my town asking about the phone, everywhere I went to today said that they won't have it until next week at the soonest.
    03-21-13 08:23 PM
    No offense but please don't have any childeren. Jk! But really there is nothing you can do, asking was kind of... Silly. One option that wasn't mentioned was to drop her and make a new account but depending on the ETF it might not work out in price. Also you could add a new random line but I believe you will have to pay like 20-40$ a month extra for that and you won't be using it. And let's says it is 40, well 40x12 is 480$ a year soo you wouldd probably be better off buying the phone out right unless you can afford that an extra month without putting it on a card so at least it would be interest free. But really there is nothing you can do unless you find someone selling a bunch of z10s that, "fell off a truck", you are SOL and up a river without a paddle
    03-21-13 08:44 PM
    But as someone pointed out, if you have been with them for a while and you pay all your bills on time for at least 2 years but probably more, you may be able to talk them into doing it for 199. I did it once with att and I was with them for maybe 4 years. I did it to get my torch. If your fiance is a good talker and she meets the criteria above then have her do it, we all know women can get things when men can't. And I had a friend donate a kidney recently. Learned a lot. Like your 1 remaining kidney will grow to accomidate the missing one and so if you sold one, you would still be healthy and have a nice down payment for a house or car
    03-21-13 08:49 PM
    Another thing you can do is sell her Bold on Ebay, and make back some of the cost.
    It will still probably end up being more then $199 though...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-21-13 08:53 PM
    Buy the Z, dump the girlfriend. Find new girlfriend with upgrade reward and make her buy a Z. Problem solved.
    03-21-13 10:44 PM
    there really isnt a way to get one for the "on contract" price, off contract.
    also the mods will have to delete any posts regarding funding of any kind, as its against the rules and I've seen it happen to people.
    add her to your bill i say, throw on a new line!
    just enjoy those gigantic carrier brandings
    03-21-13 10:48 PM
    Another thing you can do is sell her Bold on Ebay, and make back some of the cost.
    It will still probably end up being more then $199 though...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    ive tried selling my bold on ebay. fake buyers on fake buyers
    03-21-13 10:49 PM
    It depends on how 'far away' her upgrade is.

ZDNet - How to score an early upgrade from Verizon
    03-21-13 10:52 PM

Lol I thought it was a very simple concept that if you aren't available for a upgrade that u can't get the upgrade price. Hmmmmm....mayb not lol
    03-22-13 11:46 AM
    It would be amazing if you would start a fund for me. I had to sell my 9930, so I'm using an old iPhone 4. I'm not eligible for a new phone for another year. Sad part is, I think I'm the only person in my town asking about the phone, everywhere I went to today said that they won't have it until next week at the soonest.
    You have to start it. Set it up on PayPal and then link it here and I will make a donation. Hopefully others will too.
    03-22-13 01:30 PM
    there really isnt a way to get one for the "on contract" price, off contract.
    also the mods will have to delete any posts regarding funding of any kind, as its against the rules and I've seen it happen to people.
    add her to your bill i say, throw on a new line!
    just enjoy those gigantic carrier brandings
    I can see where that (starting a donation on here) would be inappropriate.

Oh well.
    03-22-13 01:39 PM
    Thanks everyone for the info. Unfortunately, She is on my plan, no I will not sell a kidney, no I will not get rid of her, and donate money to a real cause. I will always work hard to achieve the ultimate trophy - a Blackberry will always be in this hand. BB since '02.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-22-13 05:37 PM
    The only cheaper way to get the z10 is to steal one

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 06:55 PM