89 1234
tools
    fru=refurb?
    Field Replacement Unit

Otherwise known as Certified Like New.
    01-18-10 08:56 AM
    [QUOTE=Wireless Vet;4513791]Field Replacement Unit

Otherwise known as Certified Like New.

As someone poited out in this tread- As of today there is no more multi-fru, must replace with same device. If you want the storm 2, then you can either pay full retail or upgrade if eligible. I would say this was started to stop the customers who scam the system/ cry-scream till they get their way and a manager would not be able to approve a different device.
    01-18-10 10:08 AM
    oh come on, 4 storms within your 30 day period?
    yes 4 storms! Why do u think verizon wireless replaced them huh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 12:04 PM
    LOL! What horrible advice. If you get rude with me and refuse to be respectful (keep cussing/yelling) I'll just release the call.
    I wasnt meaning screem at them or cuss. and it not horrable advice. verizon has tried to screw me with my s2. i am still....within my 30 days. but after i pushed and pushed and pushed i got what i wanted. because it all bout customer service. i have been up and down with verizon and they are not a good company. but im dealing with it. i got the phone i wanted.

01-18-10 12:07 PM
    I wasnt meaning screem at them or cuss. and it not horrable advice. verizon has tried to screw me with my s2. i am still....within my 30 days. but after i pushed and pushed and pushed i got what i wanted. because it all bout customer service. i have been up and down with verizon and they are not a good company. but im dealing with it. i got the phone i wanted.

This says otherwise:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/zag...2/#post4503312

I understand a retail company with millions and millions of customers cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time.
    01-18-10 12:46 PM
    Thank goodness for the discontinueation of the multi replacement policy. Maybe we can stop listening to the pi$$ing and whining about getting a new phone.
    *shakes head*
    01-18-10 12:55 PM

It's only going to change. Some representatives and supervisors are on the old philosophy of giving away the business -- but most are converted. The cellco is clamping down and saying no.

I doubt they tried to screw you. You have a 30 day return policy, you signed the agreement. You probably just didn't like it. Congratulations though on getting what you wanted.

This says otherwise:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/zag...2/#post4503312

I understand a retail company with millions and millions of customers cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time.
    This.
    01-18-10 01:02 PM
    Welcome to the 18Th of Jan, from this date on, no more new or upgade phns, from now on you all get a fru or you can buy new..................dosnt matter HOW many phns you have sent back
    Then whats the point of insuarance?
    01-18-10 02:54 PM
    Then whats the point of insuarance?

Inusurance is mainly used for when you're outside of your 1 year warranty and/or if your device was LOST/STOLEN.

I'm *happy* to announce that the MULTI-FRU is gone. I'm tired of talking to customers, who's history in Equip. has always been changed out with X device because they got what they wanted. It sucks for the people who never had issues, but having real issues with their device can't do it, but what can you do now... nothing.
    01-18-10 03:23 PM
    Its glorious... I giggled my way through the training and breathed a sigh of relief.
    It was a good policy if it had stayed on the downlow like verizon wanted...
    But when big mouthed reps and customers start spouting their loopholes on internet forums... now its not a "special" circumstance that makes you feel special like it should be... it turned into entitlement. And people with entitlement issues bore me to death.
    01-18-10 03:31 PM
    I'm really glad we're discontinuing the program too, sweetcheeks. I agree with absolutely everything you put in your last two posts in this forum. No more gimmie gimmie gimmies, no more "entitlement issues" (so eloquently put btw ), no more ileahs and oldchristines pi$$in and moaning till they get a new phone because they CAN'T any more. I'm not gonna lie- I'm not a huge fan of this job. But every now and then vzw throws us a curveball that make it easier.
    01-18-10 03:44 PM
    If u get rude with them they will budge. I did it now I get a free month and get the phone I want.
    Nope, if I was the one to talk to you, I would have said no, have a nice day *click*
    01-18-10 04:14 PM
    I hear you loud and clear my friend. Its just one of those things that makes life a bit more rosey... I dont like to tell my customers no... but sometimes... SOMETIMES I loooooove it.
    Some people NEED to be told no sometimes...
    01-18-10 04:16 PM
    sweetcheeks, totally. Esp people like ileah.... is that how you run your fantasy world? cry, whine and keep doing it until you get what you want? It's pretty sad.

If people cuss at me, yell at me, demand a new phone, I simply tell them no. If they try to throw a 2-year old temper tantrum and are being waaaay unprofessional, I ask them 3 times to be professional, and if they don't I go *click*.

It amazes me the people who say they demand, yell, cuss etc are business people.. and say they ARE being professional, I'm wondering what happens when their clients are rude, what they do to them.... lol
    01-18-10 04:19 PM
    I love the ones who say they have personal responsibility, but don't. "I don't want anything for free." "I just want a free storm2.
    01-18-10 04:36 PM
    sweetcheeks, totally. Esp people like ileah.... is that how you run your fantasy world? cry, whine and keep doing it until you get what you want? It's pretty sad.

If people cuss at me, yell at me, demand a new phone, I simply tell them no. If they try to throw a 2-year old temper tantrum and are being waaaay unprofessional, I ask them 3 times to be professional, and if they don't I go *click*.

It amazes me the people who say they demand, yell, cuss etc are business people.. and say they ARE being professional, I'm wondering what happens when their clients are rude, what they do to them.... lol
    Yeah I think people are like that because when they were growing up mommy and daddy said no until they threw a isht fit, then they caved and gave them what they wanted. It's sad really because it taught them that if they cry, complain, and then get all rude they get whatever they want. Then they wander through life being a pain in everyone's a**. No means no but some people seem to be hard wired to think that no means no- until they throw a temper tantrum.... Then when the temper tantrum fails the universe explodes.
    01-18-10 06:08 PM
    Most of you VZW reps are almost all the same. You are trained to pacify the customer until she or he thinks there is no other way around the issue and is forced to hangup the phone or leave the store unhappy. I mean it's common sense and ethics. Don't you think after 4 faulty devices a customer has a right say "I can't keep doing this , I am being sent faulty device after faulty device, may we please discuss other options such as another device?" Especially if the customer runs a business and depends on a blackberry such as myself? Absolutely it is. And for big red to not think its fair shows me as a customer they care more about profits and figures than keeping the customer happy.
    01-19-10 12:56 AM
    Most of you VZW reps are almost all the same. You are trained to pacify the customer until she or he thinks there is no other way around the issue and is forced to hangup the phone or leave the store unhappy. I mean it's common sense and ethics. Don't you think after 4 faulty devices a customer has a right say "I can't keep doing this , I am being sent faulty device after faulty device, may we please discuss other options such as another device?" Especially if the customer runs a business and depends on a blackberry such as myself? Absolutely it is. And for big red to not think its fair shows me as a customer they care more about profits and figures than keeping the customer happy.
    Unfortunately for you, if your issues are valid, there is no longer the option for a new phone. Other people ruin it. It is not that the reps want to pacify you, they are simply the bearers of the news that you don't want to hear. Is your warranty still giving you a phone, yes. Are you getting your way, no. I feel bad for those that actually have real issues with the device, now they will have to endure the phone they purchased.

But, I want to recommend something to you, having my Tour replaced several times, try cleaning the trackball with a clothe damp with alcohol. I was having an issue with my trackball, I thought "dammit I have to call again" Did wonders for me, now I do it every week and trackball has behaved ever since.
    01-19-10 01:12 AM
    Man, i cant tell how many time i hear ( I OWN A BUSINESS ) everone that calls in owns a business. does anybody work fo r someone.They always throw that one in, just like the one ( pay my bill on time ) . i will love the new policy, BTW, insurance phns are refurbs also!!!
    01-19-10 08:52 AM
    As a business owner, I just want my device to work. New...refurb...I don't care as long as it looks new when I get it and works like new. As for the trackball issue there has to be something going on, like keeping device in pocket (lint collector) or dirty hands on the trackball for it to keep messing up.

Does the device work when you first start using it? How long before the trackball starts to misbehave?

As for VZW, I am not a fan of the Corporation, but I have found the employees to be competent, caring, hardworking individuals (with an exception here and there). You cannot fault someone for following company policy. You cannot expect to get what you want with an "attitude".
    01-19-10 11:41 AM
    I was told when i spoke to a Manager they got rid of the 3 replacement 3 strike policy
    01-19-10 11:52 AM
    [QUOTE=Weekendbum;4515016]It's only going to change. Some representatives and supervisors are on the old philosophy of giving away the business -- but most are converted. The cellco is clamping down and saying no.

I doubt they tried to screw you. You have a 30 day return policy, you signed the agreement. You probably just didn't like it. Congratulations though on getting what you wanted.

Yes they did try and screw me. They didn't want to give my money back. No joke! I got treated like crap from Verizon.

01-19-10 12:11 PM
    I'm really glad we're discontinuing the program too, sweetcheeks. I agree with absolutely everything you put in your last two posts in this forum. No more gimmie gimmie gimmies, no more "entitlement issues" (so eloquently put btw ), no more ileahs and oldchristines pi$$in and moaning till they get a new phone because they CAN'T any more. I'm not gonna lie- I'm not a huge fan of this job. But every now and then vzw throws us a curveball that make it easier.
    Hey buddy....why don't u think of it this way! What if this happend to u? Would u want to get screwd over? So ur rude comments keep to urself.

01-19-10 12:15 PM
    I Find it funny that so many reps are so "relieved" that the multi fru policy is gone. Do you really have nothing else going on in your lives? There are always loop holes. Ways to get around things. If taking away this policy causes a customer uproar then vzw will do something I'm sure. Or how bout this buy a phone full retail and use it for 29 days then return it..buy another..and so on lol try em all!

01-19-10 07:39 PM
    I Find it funny that so many reps are so "relieved" that the multi fru policy is gone. Do you really have nothing else going on in your lives? There are always loop holes. Ways to get around things. If taking away this policy causes a customer uproar then vzw will do something I'm sure. Or how bout this buy a phone full retail and use it for 29 days then return it..buy another..and so on lol try em all!

One thing to say.

I am sure VZW can refuse service to anyone.
    01-19-10 07:52 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD