12-14-10 08:53 AM
31 12
tools
    Replacement? So I'll have two of the phone I have now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 07:14 AM
    You said

"so im not eligable for upgrade phone price until 2012. So im stuck with a crappy blackberry storm2. i can pay $50 again for the storm2 replacement but that would be bonkers to do if i want a new phone like the droid x or the samsung galixy s... i want nothing to do with blackberry, i dont even want another blackberry device ever."

So the storm you have now is broken by yourself. You said they want $50 to replace the one you broke.
    12-14-10 07:21 AM
    Pcgizmo, what did u do with new line?

I activated a Moto Razr on it and then suspended the line. I have 10 months left, I sold the Storm after having it about 9 months.
    12-14-10 07:22 AM
    Suspend the line? What does that mean?

12-14-10 08:29 AM
    Suspend the line? What does that mean?

To suspend a line, without billing, means to put the line on "hold" for 3 months at a time. If you're traveling or whatever, or don't want to be billed on a specific line, Verizon will suspend it. You don't have to pay, but be aware that the months that it's suspended don't count against the contract and you'll still be obligated to fulfill the entire contract once the suspension is done.

As for adding a line: there was a little false information if you got the impression that you can drop it whenever you want. When you add a line, to a family plan or create a family plan from an individual, you are taking on another CONTRACT! That's why you get new customer device pricing. You're signing a seperate 2 year agreement for that line. I currently have 2 lines. I recently added a third line to get a 9330. I am dropping that line after the two months I've had it...I will be paying 330 in the ETF (early termination fee). You cannot just "drop" an added line...it will cost you the ETF.
    12-14-10 08:52 AM
    Depends on the kind of plan you have now. If you have a single line, adding another will take you into some kind of "family share" plan. If you already have a family plan, it's no big deal to add or drop another line at any point in time. You will be charged the $10/mo for any additional line that remains in service, but I've never been charged with a penalty or cancellation fee when I've suspended or dropped a line, or set it up as a separate account.

And, yes, you will get "a whole new contract" if you're moving from a single line to a family share plan. But changing your plan doesn't affect your "new every 2" upgrade status, and there's no penalty for changing your plan AGAIN before the 2 years are up, if your needs change. Any change just starts the clock ticking on a new 2-year contract. I've changed my plans so many times over the years with VZW that I can't even remember how many changes we've made...never any penalty or ETF for making a change, as long as you don't completely cancel your service.
    Each line has a seperate ETF. Not the entire plan. If you have 3 lines, you will have 3 seperate ETFs and if you cancel even a single line, you will pay that line's specific ETF (I say specific since if you have a feature phone your ETF is 175 -5 for every month fulfilled and smartphones are 350 -10 for every month).
    12-14-10 08:53 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD