12-14-10 08:53 AM
31 12
tools
    i have used verizon my whole life, dunno how many years since i started.

i had a storm1 until it finaly died, got the $50 to get a replacement and then finaly upgraded to the storm2. well i have been deeply dissatisfied with the storm one and two. i bought the storm2 like 3 months ago, i did get a mail in rebate but wasnt able to redeem it since life issues.

so im not eligable for upgrade phone price until 2012. So im stuck with a crappy blackberry storm2. i can pay $50 again for the storm2 replacement but that would be bonkers to do if i want a new phone like the droid x or the samsung galixy s... i want nothing to do with blackberry, i dont even want another blackberry device ever.

i called verizson and they wont do it for me. they keep saying i had 30 days to return it... and honestly i had life issues, same reason why i wasnt able to redeem the mail in rebate.

how do i get a new phone on verizons network without paying $600 for it? i dont want a crappy phone, i want a droid x or a samsung galexy s phone. i want it at least on a new user price. costco had them for $150 online.

i feel my only choice is to cancle verizon and go with another wireless provider, i dont want to do that if i dont have too. i did not speak with a manager when i called verizon because i didnt have time to.

verizon also thinks i have to have tech calls too. well i know the problems and i already damaged the phone, and the issues are well documented on this forum, i dont want to do warranty replacement because it wouldnt be covered due to the damage, and ultimatly i dont want a blackberry anymore.

PLEASE HELP ME... verizon customer service went far worse than sprint ever was and i dont think i want to go with AT&T due to the fact consumer reports rates them very low.
    12-13-10 12:36 PM
    You just got the Storm2 3 months ago. You got a new phone at the reduced price. Submit your rebate and get your $100.
    12-13-10 12:42 PM
    regardless, i dont want this phone. i was told i only had 10 days to redeem that rebate anyways and i dont know where the rebate is anymore. its probably packed away in storage.
    12-13-10 12:53 PM
    Their customer service is bad because you have only completed 3 months of your contract and you want a new phone and they won't give you one at a discount price? Makes sense.

Just buy one used. Next time read your contract and if your going to have more than 30 days of "life problems" don't sign a contract during that time.
    12-13-10 12:55 PM
    regardless, i dont want this phone.
    That doesn't really matter. You wanted it at some point, you got it at the reduced price, the return/exchange window has expired.

i was told i only had 10 days to redeem that rebate anyways and i dont know where the rebate is anymore. its probably packed away in storage.
    That is false, rebates have a "submit by" date. If you were told you only had 10 days, then you bought at the very tail end of the rebate period. Unpack your documentation.

...and i already damaged the phone

The customer service dept. isn't going to give you a new phone after the return period, especially if you've damaged it.

i dont want to do warranty replacement because it wouldnt be covered due to the damage, and ultimatly i dont want a blackberry anymore.
    you can't do a warranty replacement on a damaged device anyway. CS will tell you to file an insurance claim, and they will send you a CNL device.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-13-10 at 01:06 PM.
    12-13-10 01:01 PM
    so your saying my only choice is to pay $50 to get a new crappy storm2 with terrible hardware and an unfinished buggy os...

OR

cancle verizon and never pay the fee because it doesnt count agaist my credit score. and go with a better service provider...

OR

Keep complaining until they do something about it... tho thats unlikly until i pay the $50 for a new phone replacement of the phone i dont want. so it will cost me $50 for a new phone and they probably wont ever give me a droidx or whatever at a new customer price so im just waisting my time?
    12-13-10 01:20 PM
    so your saying my only choice is to pay $50 to get a new crappy storm2 with terrible hardware and an unfinished buggy os...

OR

cancle verizon and never pay the fee because it doesnt count agaist my credit score. and go with a better service provider...

OR

Keep complaining until they do something about it... tho thats unlikly until i pay the $50 for a new phone replacement of the phone i dont want. so it will cost me $50 for a new phone and they probably wont ever give me a droidx or whatever at a new customer price so im just waisting my time?
    Go with the 1st or 3rd options, any unpaid bill will wind up on your credit score after Verizon gets tired of waiting for you to pay it.

1st option would probably be the best option, you might wind up with at least a device you can tolerate for the rest of your contract. Unless: you buy a device you DO want from the marketplace here or some WTS threads/forums/classifieds, or get one from a friend, etc. then all you need to do is activate it. Verizon doesn't care what device you have as long as it fits the plan you're paying for and you pony up the cash for the device.
    3rd option: do keep in mind that Verizon reps are actually at the top of Consumer Reports list, and they are quite good at taking notes. I've had a great experience with them after the AllTel assimilation, and they've always been up to speed within a minute or two after reading history.
    12-13-10 01:30 PM
    The fact that you don't want a Storm2 or any BlackBerry anymore is not a valid reason for them to give you a new phone at the new line price. Sorry you don't want to hear that, but the truth hurts sometimes.

You damaged you phone, so if you want it replaced you'll have to pay the deductible. That's how the insurance works.

You damaged the phone, therefore a warranty replacement (free exchange) is not applicable.

You can keep complaining all you want, the fact remains that you're not entitled to anything given the circumstances: You got a new phone 3 months ago, you kept the phone for more than 30 days and you damaged it.
    12-13-10 01:31 PM
    You made the choice three months ago to get a Storm 2. Don't get upset with Verizon because you are regretting your decision. It isn't their fault you didn't research the Storm 2 before deciding on that phone. This phone has been out long enough to find out what kind of problems it has with a little research.

It is clearly written in the agreement that Verizon will give you X phone and X discounted price if you agree to a two year contract. Yes, is sucks that life issues prevented you from returning the phone within 30 days but again, this isn't Verizons fault.
    12-13-10 01:34 PM
    ok, let me ask about the termination fee. i was told that i dont have to pay the termination fee and it wont count against my credit score. this is differnt than a bill, of which i have paid all my bills and always will in full.
    12-13-10 01:35 PM
    You made the choice three months ago to get a Storm 2. Don't get upset with Verizon because you are regretting your decision. It isn't their fault you didn't research the Storm 2 before deciding on that phone. This phone has been out long enough to find out what kind of problems it has with a little research.

It is clearly written in the agreement that Verizon will give you X phone and X discounted price if you agree to a two year contract. Yes, is sucks that life issues prevented you from returning the phone within 30 days but again, this isn't Verizons fault.
    im not really trying to blame verizon. tho i cant be blamed for something coming up, for which i didnt know was going to happen. i understand this, but at the time there wasnt any droid x or any samsung galexy s. there was just junk, i figured they would fix issues the storm1 has, but they didnt fix them all.

i read crackberry before i bought it. researched the forums alot.
    12-13-10 01:37 PM
    Why don't you just add a line for 10 bucks so you can get the new customer price. Then transfer the Droid X or Samsung Galaxy or whatever to your phone number. If you still have the S1 I'd ebay that and if you really want I'd get the $50 S2 replacement and ebay that too. (you'll probably get atleast 100 bucks for it.) I'd try to look for the 100 rebate too. Even if its expired just send it in, you'll get a letter back saying its expired and then call customer service and have them credit your acct. (This worked for me before)
    12-13-10 01:39 PM
    Why don't you just add a line for 10 bucks so you can get the new customer price. Then transfer the Droid X or Samsung Galaxy or whatever to your phone number. If you still have the S1 I'd ebay that and if you really want I'd get the $50 S2 replacement and ebay that too. (you'll probably get atleast 100 bucks for it.) I'd try to look for the 100 rebate too. Even if its expired just send it in, you'll get a letter back saying its expired and then call customer service and have them credit your acct. (This worked for me before)
    Just send the rebate in like I told you in the PM.
    12-13-10 01:43 PM
    If you don't pay the ETF fee it will go into collections, but that is your choice. You had 30 days to figure out if you wanted the phone or not. You decided after the 30 days to keep it. Verizon discounts phones when you sign a contract, because they will make the money thru the term of the contract. You have only had this phone 3 months, so they are not making the money that they need to cover the cost of the phone that you bought. Why should they give you a phone at new customer pricing? They have nothing to gain by doing this. They will actually lose money. Just because you change your mind on a phone doesn't mean that they should give you new customer pricing on a new one. I changed my mind, and went from a bold to a Droid X. I paid retail for it...They don't owe you anything...Stop acting like they do.
    12-13-10 01:47 PM
    im not really trying to blame verizon. tho i cant be blamed for something coming up, for which i didnt know was going to happen. i understand this, but at the time there wasnt any droid x or any samsung galexy s. there was just junk, i figured they would fix issues the storm1 has, but they didnt fix them all.

The Droid X was out 3 months ago. It was released July 15th, and the Droid Incredible was released April 29th
    12-13-10 01:51 PM
    then you knew what you were getting.
    12-13-10 01:52 PM
    thanks very much everyone this helps. especially JRZlocal and the rest of you (as negative as the comments were, i understand your point of view).
    12-13-10 02:05 PM
    Just wondering... Can u add a line to get new user price, switch phone, and then get rid of new line without getting charged? I want droid pro but DO NOT want to pay full price at moment. What are options? Or are they the same as mentioned in this thread?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 03:23 PM
    Just wondering... Can u add a line to get new user price, switch phone, and then get rid of new line without getting charged? I want droid pro but DO NOT want to pay full price at moment. What are options? Or are they the same as mentioned in this thread?

You can get a new line and get the device at the new line price, then switch the device to your primary line. You will be charged an ETF if you cancel before the contract expires just like any other line.

I got my Storm by adding a line and moving it to the primary line.
    12-13-10 03:25 PM
    Question. Can I add a line to get new user price, switch to the newer phone, and get rid of new line without getting charged? Or am I going to get whole new contract for new line?

12-13-10 03:35 PM
    Pcgizmo, what did u do with new line?

12-13-10 03:39 PM
    You add the line and put a dumb phone on it for $10 per month.
    You pout the new device on the line of choice and you still have the warranty and can get insurance, since it is still on your account.

I had a S2 for a year. It was flawless and I ran leaks and had plenty of software installed. The S2 isn't a crap phone. I also had one from the first two months of production.

I now have a Dx because I wanted a better browser and larger screen.
    12-13-10 05:49 PM
    Question. Can I add a line to get new user price, switch to the newer phone, and get rid of new line without getting charged? Or am I going to get whole new contract for new line?

Depends on the kind of plan you have now. If you have a single line, adding another will take you into some kind of "family share" plan. If you already have a family plan, it's no big deal to add or drop another line at any point in time. You will be charged the $10/mo for any additional line that remains in service, but I've never been charged with a penalty or cancellation fee when I've suspended or dropped a line, or set it up as a separate account.

And, yes, you will get "a whole new contract" if you're moving from a single line to a family share plan. But changing your plan doesn't affect your "new every 2" upgrade status, and there's no penalty for changing your plan AGAIN before the 2 years are up, if your needs change. Any change just starts the clock ticking on a new 2-year contract. I've changed my plans so many times over the years with VZW that I can't even remember how many changes we've made...never any penalty or ETF for making a change, as long as you don't completely cancel your service.
    12-14-10 12:04 AM
    tech_head, when I add the line do I put on the dumbphone right away or what? I want the droid pro that why I am inquiring. It would be nice if I could do all this and still only have to pay 10 for the new line.

12-14-10 06:46 AM
    Why don't you pay the $50 for the replacement and sell it then use that money toward the phone you want.
    12-14-10 07:00 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD