Does the visual voicemail program have any effect on my battery life?
    01-16-10 07:51 AM
    not that I know of. I have had that on my phones for a few years now and never had any problems with the battery with VVM.
    01-16-10 08:05 AM
    Nope. Excellent app.
    01-16-10 09:22 AM
    Just curious, because my batt life has become really disgraceful over the past 2 - 3 months. Seems to line up with when I subscribed to VVM.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could kill my battery? I already deleted the facebook app and it helped a little.......
    01-16-10 11:07 AM
    Just curious, because my batt life has become really disgraceful over the past 2 - 3 months. Seems to line up with when I subscribed to VVM.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could kill my battery? I already deleted the facebook app and it helped a little.......
    Do you have the Tour? Your profile says u own the curve right now? anyway though, if your having problems with your battery, you can always get an extended battery and not have to worry about battery life ever again with anthing you have on the phone. I have one and its the best thing I could have done for the Tour, I average 3 days before charging now.
    01-16-10 01:08 PM
    Yes, I have the tour. I guess I never updated my profile......but I was hoping to avoid the extended battery. I found another thread reccomending changing it from global to 1XEV only. I guess I'll wait until tonight to see how it holds up.

Thanks
    01-16-10 04:07 PM
    Flip you sim over backwards if you don't need the global function. Seems to help a bit.
    01-16-10 04:58 PM
    I think it would only affect battery life very slightly if people are leaving you voice mail messages regularly. I think that the app downloads the voice mail messages to your phone so that it can play, rewind, and fast forward the message. Thus, your phone may be streaming data in the background. Even if you get a lot of voice mails regularly, I think the impact on your battery will be very slight.

As for battery life, have you tried any of the leaked operating systems? The official OS doesn't last long for me, but some hybrids of the 5.0 leaked OS have less of an impact on the battery. (.419 sucks in regard to memory leaks and battery life...I would go with .230 and hybrid .15 or .16)
    01-16-10 05:13 PM
    I'm sure it affects it somewhat if you get alot of voicemail but i've always used it and it doesn't affect battery life hardly from my usage
    01-16-10 05:16 PM
    What applications are running in the background and how is your signal? Either of these can make a difference in battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD