Does anyone have a good bit of experience with Verizon's return policy? Here's the situation.
    I am on a line of a family plan. We purchased the Storm using a $100 dollar "rebate" for a returning customer. Now that there are rumors of the Storm 2 coming fairly soon, can I just return the phone, kill the line for now, and reopen when it's out? Heres the main questions, if I do that, will I still receive the 100 rebate? Also, the restocking fee is only 35, correct? Thanks for any help, it will be very appreciated.
    05-19-09 04:50 PM
    i know if it's within the 30 days you go it you can return it for a different phone. As for killing the line you would have to pay an early termination fee for that line which could get expensive. I don't know if they'll let you return the phone period, and I don't know if they will give you the 100 back. Personally, i don't think so, but I've never returned a phone. I know to cancel the line you have to pay to cancel it. The restock fee is 35. And I don't think you'll receive the 100, though. If you go with the other phone route like I mentioned earlier, I know you have to pay the difference if the new phone is more expensive, but I don't know about the termination and stuff. I know I rambled a lot lol. Hopefully someone else can come in here and clear this all up.
    05-19-09 04:56 PM
    I returned phones to verizon before n killed two lines that where on a family plan, it was within the 30 days so the took the phones back n I transferred our numbers to another provider, they sent me bills but I just would call them m fight, if u return the phone within the 30 days you don't get charged anything (only stuff u purchased aka games ringtones...etc.) but we didn't pay for any cancellation at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 05:11 PM
    Does anyone have a good bit of experience with Verizon's return policy? Here's the situation.
    I am on a line of a family plan. We purchased the Storm using a $100 dollar "rebate" for a returning customer. Now that there are rumors of the Storm 2 coming fairly soon, can I just return the phone, kill the line for now, and reopen when it's out? Heres the main questions, if I do that, will I still receive the 100 rebate? Also, the restocking fee is only 35, correct? Thanks for any help, it will be very appreciated.
    If you are within the 30 days from date of purchase, you can return the equipment. There is a $35 restocking fee if you've had the phone for more than 2 days. If you purchased the phone and started the line of service at the same time, and you return the equipment within 30 days and cancel the line, there would be no etf for disconnecting. You will only be charged for what you used. There is no guarantee that you will be extended the same $100 rebate offer, if you decide to wait for the 2nd gen storm before adding a line.
    05-19-09 05:18 PM
    If you are within the 30 days from date of purchase, you can return the equipment. There is a $35 restocking fee if you've had the phone for more than 2 days. If you purchased the phone and started the line of service at the same time, and you return the equipment within 30 days and cancel the line, there would be no etf for disconnecting. You will only be charged for what you used. There is no guarantee that you will be extended the same $100 rebate offer, if you decide to wait for the 2nd gen storm before adding a line.
    Above is correct. I would make sure that when you cancel the line they note the account and honor the $100 credit for returning. The one thing you need to be sure of is how long they let you return and get the deal. I believe its six months and then you are outside the time frame. They would essentially treat you as a new customer rather than a returning one.
    05-19-09 05:24 PM
    I was not charged a $35 fee when I returned a phone in December after about 2 weeks. At the time, I was told the fee was charged only if you exchanged it for a new phone. Flat out return had no fee.
    05-19-09 05:31 PM
    Wow, I was completely wrong lol. Thankfully you guys know what you're talking about! I tried... lol
    05-19-09 05:32 PM
    I think the $100.00 you received was the New Every 2. Was the Storm $99.99 + Tax? The restocking fee is $35.00 but thats to exchange, if you just return the phone there will be no fee. As far as whether or not you would keep the additional $100.00, well the answer is yes and no....If you were to disconnect and come back within 90 days all would return to the original (so you would get the $100), but if you were to disconnect and reconnect after 90 days you would not get the $100 just the 2yr pricing of the phone....
    05-19-09 05:45 PM
    I returned phones to verizon before n killed two lines that where on a family plan, it was within the 30 days so the took the phones back n I transferred our numbers to another provider, they sent me bills but I just would call them m fight, if u return the phone within the 30 days you don't get charged anything (only stuff u purchased aka games ringtones...etc.) but we didn't pay for any cancellation at all

This was true when the Test Drive was in place, and it would only work if you ported your number to another provided. Since Verizon no longer offers the Test Drive this would no longer apply, so even if you called in to CS and complained and fought no credits would be issues for the usage that was on the phone/s.
    05-19-09 05:47 PM
    Thank you to everyone for the super quick responses. It helps immensely. I have one more question, and unfortunately its an opinion. Does anyone think the Storm 2 will be out within 90 days? If not, I guess I could go for the Tour, or rebuy a Storm. Either way, sounds good. Thanks again for all the help!
    05-19-09 05:58 PM
    Thank you to everyone for the super quick responses. It helps immensely. I have one more question, and unfortunately its an opinion. Does anyone think the Storm 2 will be out within 90 days? If not, I guess I could go for the Tour, or rebuy a Storm. Either way, sounds good. Thanks again for all the help!

The storm 2 will not be out in 90 days. The tour and the Pearl flip are the only Blackberrys coming out in the 3rd quarter. There is a possibility the Storm 2 could be out late 4th Quarter, personally, I doubt it.
    05-19-09 06:33 PM
    I was not charged the $35 restocking fee when I returned my Storm and activated an old Curve. They said it "might" charge me when I buy my next phone.
    05-19-09 06:34 PM

Restocking fee is only for returns. If you return then buy a phone within 72 hours it will charge the fee. Also, the monthly access charges for the time you used the phone are valid. Test drive is no longer in affect. Now Verizon is really cracking down and tightening on credits due to the economic situation so you will be hard pressed to get valid charges removed.
    05-19-09 07:28 PM
    When we got our storms they told us about the 30 days trial period, I didn't get charged a restocking fee when we returned the other phones, that was only about 5 months ago too

05-19-09 08:40 PM
    I was not charged a $35 fee when I returned a phone in December after about 2 weeks. At the time, I was told the fee was charged only if you exchanged it for a new phone. Flat out return had no fee.
    The fee became official in January...
    05-19-09 09:19 PM
    Why not just go ASK them? My local store is very friendly and they don't bite!
    05-19-09 09:40 PM
    Actually, the $35 restocking fee is only on exchanges (like Bum said, within 72 hours). If you simply return the device and kill the line, or port out, then you are NOT charged a restocking fee, you are only charged for any usage.

That is, of course, that you are within your 30-day WFG period. I too am leery though that the Storm 2 will be out anytime soon. Not only for testing purposes, but it doesn't make a whole lot of economic sense with the Tour coming out whenever it may.
    05-20-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD