First off, let me say that before this case, I have had nothing but good support from Verizon..either in a store on online or on the phone. But this one really has me frosted.
    Last Thursday, my daughters LG Env Touch stopped working. She removed it from the charger, touched the screen, and it froze up and turned itself off. Turned it back on, same result. Hadn't been dropped, hadn't been wet, nothing. Just freezes and shuts itself off. Won't run. So now, my daughter who is a college freshman in another state has NO phone at all. Understandably, she's a bit sorried about it. And so am I, when she sent me a facebook message about it from her laptop.
    No problem I say, just go to the verizon store there in Springfield,MO and tell them your story. They'll make it right. I buy you insurance, etc. She has to find a ride to the store (she has no car there) but she has lots of friends. No problem.
    So she goes to the store. They tell her that since she's had it for over a year, she's SOL. They can do nothing for her. She messages me this news. I am furious. I tell her to go back down there and tell them that we pay for insurance every month and we should not be completely out of luck. I feel like they are brushing off an 18yo girl just because they can and she's not aggressive enough to be persistent with them.
    So she finally gets another ride Saturday and goes back to the store. Tells them about the insurance. Oh, they say, that's different. Youjust have to file a claim with Asurion, not with us. Here's the 800 number. Go to it. BTW, your dad has to do it since you're not the account-holder. OK, she fianlly gets back to me with this info. And she has to go play at a mandatory concert so she has to go. Can I just take care of it for her? Sure, I say.
    I call the number. Right at the start the recording says that for fastest service I should use the phoneclaims website. So I go there.
    First up, it says I have an open claim, resume? Sure. Then it asks for the claim number, shich I don't have. So I call Asurion and get the claim number. This is including wading thru phone tree menus and such. Nexct piece of information it wants is the date of purchase of the phone. Excuse me, the purchase of the phone was not so much a life-changing event that I memorized the date. So I place a acall to Verizon support who is able to get me the purchase date. This gentleman was very helpful, but this did take time to wade thru the phone-tree menus, etc. So I get back to the Asurion website. Enter the date. It asks if immersed, dropped, etc. I answer (truthfully) no it wasnt'. Then the Asurion website informs me that the insruance is only for stolen, lost, or damaged (including immersion)....and to contact Verizon for any service. So at this point Verizon told me see Asurion and Asurion says see Verizon. At this point, I'm beginning to get a bit angry. Not only are they dicking around my 18yo daughter, who is still in another state with no phone, they are dicking me around. So I call Verizon. I can't contact my daughter at this point remember. I speak with a fairly nice lady who informs me about how the insurance works after listening to my sad tale. She DOES offer me an early upgrade discount for her line, but the Touch is no longer available. There is an LG Cosmos Touch that would be similar. But she wants me to pull the trigger right then. She cannot seem to understand that I cannot choose a phone for my daughter without consulting her first. She says that if I call later they might not be able to offer the early upgrade discount. What? Really? WTF?!? I ring off anyway. I message my daughter (remember facebook and no phone) and tell her to Skype me as soon as she can. Oh, I'm also told that instead of 150Mb for $15 I have to either pick 75Mb for $10 or unlimited data for $30. I will pick the 75Mb Iresolve since my daughter has never exceeded that to date.
    Hours pass. We Skype. meanwhile, I had been searching the Verizon website under my phone line, since I *am* now eligible for upgrade and I thought I could get the discounted prices that way. I found out later that prices aren't necessarily prices. Very fluid, very plastic. Depends on where you'relooking, who you're talking to, and when. Perhaps alignment of planets too, who knows? No apparently readily understandable logic anyway.
    What I had found was an Android LG Vortex. Says it is a "starter" smartphone for new smartphone users. So during our Skype I present these two phones to her. She chooses the Android phone. This wll be a first for our family. We're all BB users (except for thisdaughter who had the Touch...her choice. So I guess I'll be learning Android stuff soon since dad is all tech support.
    So now, armed with her choice, I call Verizon back. The first guy I get checks the file, sees the note from the earllier woman about tthe offer of the early upgrade. He says he has to go check with manager and can he put me on hold. I say yes. Instead of putting me on hold, he disconnects me. Did I mention all the menus I had to jump through to get to him? So I call back, negotiate the menus again...did I mention the menus? I get another person. I explain my whole story again, which of course by this point has gottne quite long. They too offer to put me on hold and check with manager. Without hangup I ask? Sure. he comes back and the answer is yes. So I explain my phone choice. He says sure, but I have to take the unlimited data plan. I can't have the 75Mb for $10 one. What?!? Why did the earlier gal say I could when this guy says I can't. Hey, can you at least check you're stories with each other so the same info is given out over the phone? I doubt that the corporate policy had changed in the few hours between calls on a Saturday night. So I acquiesce. I will pay for unlimited data for my daughter, who has no need of it. OK, then I mention I want the insurance and I explain to him my whole tale of the insurance and how warranty is only one year and insurance is for loss or damage. He says that there is an insurance level ($1 more/month) that I can buy that extends the warranty also. What?!? Why the F has no one ever mentioned this before. I would have bought that kind of insurance in the first place, thus obviating the need for this whole sorry mess. So I get the phone ordered. I pay $12.xx for overnight which isn't really overnight. It is Tuesday by 3pm. So she's going to get a phone. Finally. By Tuesday at least. Oh, and the phone is three times as much ordering it over the phone as it was on the web site. So price depends on who you talk to, etc. My upgrade price was $19. Her's was $79. That's a pretty big difference.
    Rants: five different conversations with Verizon yield five different pieces of info. I'm the rope in the tug of war between Verizon and Asurion...each points to the other. Pricing varies. Data plan info given to me was different each time I talked with somebody...I could have 75Mb...oh, no, wait! No I couldn't. Insurance....would it hurt so much to give people all the options without them having to pry it from you? In short, this was way the frack hader than it had to be. It took 3 days, about 6 phone calls, two store visits, etc. Really? It's a good thing you've got a good network. At this point, I'm convinced that's about all you've got.
    05-02-11 09:53 AM
    What you should have done is filed the insurance claim anyway. Any smartphone has to have the $29.99 data plan because it's a smart phone. And believe me she will go over the 75MB limit. It's because you're looking to upgrade her. I'm sorry that experience happened to you. If it wasn't for the good network I would probably be somewhere else because it's more expensive than what Alltel was. I wish I could change into a Smart Choice plan so it would be cheaper.
    05-02-11 01:07 PM
    What you should have done is filed the insurance claim anyway. Any smartphone has to have the $29.99 data plan because it's a smart phone. And believe me she will go over the 75MB limit. It's because you're looking to upgrade her. I'm sorry that experience happened to you. If it wasn't for the good network I would probably be somewhere else because it's more expensive than what Alltel was. I wish I could change into a Smart Choice plan so it would be cheaper.
    Well, my wife, myself, and my son all have Blackberries with the 150Mb plan for ~$15. I guess that'll be taken away when we upgrade also. I may not upgrade fro a while even though I'm eligible. I'm happy with what I have...it works for me. I'm not about the phone, I'm about it tracking my calendar, email, BBM, and text. And enough web surfing to get weather radar when out and about. And the BB is wasted on son...I think he'd be happy with straight text...he only uses about 10 Mb/month as is.
    05-02-11 01:54 PM
    it gets even better. As we will recall, I hung up Saturday night with the understanding that I had upgraded her phone, figured out all the insurance and data plan stuff, and it was being overnighted to arrive by 3pm Tuesday. AT 3pm, no phone. I opened the website, logged in to My Verizon, and there's a notice that my pending order won;'t ship until I click and accept the terms. You will recall that I had placed the order over the PHONE, not the WEB. I had even been read some text by the guy Satirday and asked if I accept. Well, I called. Apparently that's not good enough. I was told by the girl that the guy had forgotten to tell me to do the click. So no phone yet. My daughter is still in another state without a phone. So I click. She says she sees that I have clicked. My phone will be shipped and arrive by 3pm Wednesday. I tell her that I want it there a half hour ago, not Wednesday. So she offers to refund the overnight fee I had paid. So I'm getting the new overnight for free...it's just not at the date/time I was propmised. So very frustarting. All the girl could do was apologize for the new procedure that the guy apparently forgot. Not that that helps me any. My daughter is STILL WITHOUT A PHONE!!! Damn Verizon.
    05-04-11 10:13 AM
    Dang. I would be wanting to talk to a retentions number or something because that would **** me off. I think there is a number you can call.
    05-04-11 03:33 PM
    On the upside, daughter got phone. She loves it...says it is so fast. I told her the first thing she needs to do is make sure she knows how to make sure every app in town isn't running in the background or her battery will go fast too.
    05-05-11 09:21 AM
    At this point you may not want to hear this but. My daughters phone was doing the same thing more or less. As long as it was attached to a charger it worked fine, off the charger goofy stuff. I replaced the battery with one from ebay and Voila! A perfectly working phone.

Now having said all that it seems like you got. Major run around that was not necessary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 01:57 PM
    Just a tip on future insurance claims...

My previous business phone, the Lg enV, started to fail from something that seemed to be going wrong with the electrical contacts inside... just randomly shutting off, and sometimes wouldn't connect to the charger. New battery swap didn't help. It was out of warranty because it was a bit over a year old when it started having this problem.

When we talked to our Verizon rep, he suggested that we file the claim with Asurion, even though I didn't recall having accidentally "done anything" to damage the phone (dropping, immersion, whatever), since the phone had obviously BEEN damaged from the process of normal use... the electrical connections shouldn't have failed during the normal routines of carrying the phone around, connecting and disconnecting from the charger, etc. So, it's not fraudulent to file a claim for "damage" if something stops working without having been subjected to obvious mishandling or accident.
    05-11-11 01:58 AM
    I was with Alltel for years and never had a problem.

Two-years ago I went with Vz and bought my first BB. I have loved the BB but Vz has left a hugely bitter taste in my mouth.

Just over a year into my contract, my son's hinge in his very inexpensive phone broke. Since I had insurance and had never filed a claim I did not give it a second thought and filed a claim.

What a disappointment. The Vz Customer Service was horrible. They would not honor my insurance, refused to fix the phone because it was an Alltel phone, and were all-around jerks.

Please understand that I could have easily (and cheaply) bought a replacement from Ebay and even had an old phone that a neighbor had given me but it was the point of the matter that bugged me, especially since my son is not allowed to take the phone outside, had not mistreated the phone, and had averaged only 10-15 minutes of use per month their admitted results). It wasn't until weeks later when I gave them a number of negative survey results that someone finally called me and attempted to understand the basic problem.

I eventually got a new phone but the whole experience has really turned-me-off from the company. For me, this is a larger integrity issue and I should have to get-into the BIT**-Mode for Vz to make things right. In addition, how many people have gotten screwed-over just because they weren't persistent.

My contract runs out next month and I still haven't made-up my mind as to what to do. This lack of integrity, combine with their out-of-date phones has been a huge turn-off.

GOOD LUCK!!
    05-15-11 04:42 PM
    I.

My contract runs out next month and I still haven't made-up my mind as to what to do. This lack of integrity, combine with their out-of-date phones has been a huge turn-off.

GOOD LUCK!!
    out of date phones??....just out of date Blackberry's.
    05-15-11 10:53 PM
    I am so sorry for the problems that you have had with Verizon. However, it does seems that Verizon does not care about customer service anymore. I do have a number for the corporate offices you might want to try it and see what they can do with correcting problems. 212 395 2121. Hopes this helps

First off, let me say that before this case, I have had nothing but good support from Verizon..either in a store on online or on the phone. But this one really has me frosted.
    Last Thursday, my daughters LG Env Touch stopped working. She removed it from the charger, touched the screen, and it froze up and turned itself off. Turned it back on, same result. Hadn't been dropped, hadn't been wet, nothing. Just freezes and shuts itself off. Won't run. So now, my daughter who is a college freshman in another state has NO phone at all. Understandably, she's a bit sorried about it. And so am I, when she sent me a facebook message about it from her laptop.
    No problem I say, just go to the verizon store there in Springfield,MO and tell them your story. They'll make it right. I buy you insurance, etc. She has to find a ride to the store (she has no car there) but she has lots of friends. No problem.
    So she goes to the store. They tell her that since she's had it for over a year, she's SOL. They can do nothing for her. She messages me this news. I am furious. I tell her to go back down there and tell them that we pay for insurance every month and we should not be completely out of luck. I feel like they are brushing off an 18yo girl just because they can and she's not aggressive enough to be persistent with them.
    So she finally gets another ride Saturday and goes back to the store. Tells them about the insurance. Oh, they say, that's different. Youjust have to file a claim with Asurion, not with us. Here's the 800 number. Go to it. BTW, your dad has to do it since you're not the account-holder. OK, she fianlly gets back to me with this info. And she has to go play at a mandatory concert so she has to go. Can I just take care of it for her? Sure, I say.
    I call the number. Right at the start the recording says that for fastest service I should use the phoneclaims website. So I go there.
    First up, it says I have an open claim, resume? Sure. Then it asks for the claim number, shich I don't have. So I call Asurion and get the claim number. This is including wading thru phone tree menus and such. Nexct piece of information it wants is the date of purchase of the phone. Excuse me, the purchase of the phone was not so much a life-changing event that I memorized the date. So I place a acall to Verizon support who is able to get me the purchase date. This gentleman was very helpful, but this did take time to wade thru the phone-tree menus, etc. So I get back to the Asurion website. Enter the date. It asks if immersed, dropped, etc. I answer (truthfully) no it wasnt'. Then the Asurion website informs me that the insruance is only for stolen, lost, or damaged (including immersion)....and to contact Verizon for any service. So at this point Verizon told me see Asurion and Asurion says see Verizon. At this point, I'm beginning to get a bit angry. Not only are they dicking around my 18yo daughter, who is still in another state with no phone, they are dicking me around. So I call Verizon. I can't contact my daughter at this point remember. I speak with a fairly nice lady who informs me about how the insurance works after listening to my sad tale. She DOES offer me an early upgrade discount for her line, but the Touch is no longer available. There is an LG Cosmos Touch that would be similar. But she wants me to pull the trigger right then. She cannot seem to understand that I cannot choose a phone for my daughter without consulting her first. She says that if I call later they might not be able to offer the early upgrade discount. What? Really? WTF?!? I ring off anyway. I message my daughter (remember facebook and no phone) and tell her to Skype me as soon as she can. Oh, I'm also told that instead of 150Mb for $15 I have to either pick 75Mb for $10 or unlimited data for $30. I will pick the 75Mb Iresolve since my daughter has never exceeded that to date.
    Hours pass. We Skype. meanwhile, I had been searching the Verizon website under my phone line, since I *am* now eligible for upgrade and I thought I could get the discounted prices that way. I found out later that prices aren't necessarily prices. Very fluid, very plastic. Depends on where you'relooking, who you're talking to, and when. Perhaps alignment of planets too, who knows? No apparently readily understandable logic anyway.
    What I had found was an Android LG Vortex. Says it is a "starter" smartphone for new smartphone users. So during our Skype I present these two phones to her. She chooses the Android phone. This wll be a first for our family. We're all BB users (except for thisdaughter who had the Touch...her choice. So I guess I'll be learning Android stuff soon since dad is all tech support.
    So now, armed with her choice, I call Verizon back. The first guy I get checks the file, sees the note from the earllier woman about tthe offer of the early upgrade. He says he has to go check with manager and can he put me on hold. I say yes. Instead of putting me on hold, he disconnects me. Did I mention all the menus I had to jump through to get to him? So I call back, negotiate the menus again...did I mention the menus? I get another person. I explain my whole story again, which of course by this point has gottne quite long. They too offer to put me on hold and check with manager. Without hangup I ask? Sure. he comes back and the answer is yes. So I explain my phone choice. He says sure, but I have to take the unlimited data plan. I can't have the 75Mb for $10 one. What?!? Why did the earlier gal say I could when this guy says I can't. Hey, can you at least check you're stories with each other so the same info is given out over the phone? I doubt that the corporate policy had changed in the few hours between calls on a Saturday night. So I acquiesce. I will pay for unlimited data for my daughter, who has no need of it. OK, then I mention I want the insurance and I explain to him my whole tale of the insurance and how warranty is only one year and insurance is for loss or damage. He says that there is an insurance level ($1 more/month) that I can buy that extends the warranty also. What?!? Why the F has no one ever mentioned this before. I would have bought that kind of insurance in the first place, thus obviating the need for this whole sorry mess. So I get the phone ordered. I pay $12.xx for overnight which isn't really overnight. It is Tuesday by 3pm. So she's going to get a phone. Finally. By Tuesday at least. Oh, and the phone is three times as much ordering it over the phone as it was on the web site. So price depends on who you talk to, etc. My upgrade price was $19. Her's was $79. That's a pretty big difference.
    Rants: five different conversations with Verizon yield five different pieces of info. I'm the rope in the tug of war between Verizon and Asurion...each points to the other. Pricing varies. Data plan info given to me was different each time I talked with somebody...I could have 75Mb...oh, no, wait! No I couldn't. Insurance....would it hurt so much to give people all the options without them having to pry it from you? In short, this was way the frack hader than it had to be. It took 3 days, about 6 phone calls, two store visits, etc. Really? It's a good thing you've got a good network. At this point, I'm convinced that's about all you've got.
    05-26-11 10:04 AM
    I am so sorry for the problems that you have had with Verizon. However, it does seems that Verizon does not care about customer service anymore. I do have a number for the corporate offices you might want to try it and see what they can do with correcting problems. 212 395 2121. Hopes this helps
    While that MAY have been their number at one time, they appear to have long since disconnected it. You just get a message directing you to call 1-800-verizon
    05-26-11 12:03 PM
    A friend of mine had the $10 data plan with 75mb on a Verizon BB Curve 8530. She didn't use much data on it. I had the 150mb data plan on my Bold until I decided to use the Tether app so I switched to unlimited. Otherwise I did not need unlimited data on my Bold since it isn't great for web browsing.
    05-29-11 01:49 AM
    A friend of mine had the $10 data plan with 75mb on a Verizon BB Curve 8530. She didn't use much data on it. I had the 150mb data plan on my Bold until I decided to use the Tether app so I switched to unlimited. Otherwise I did not need unlimited data on my Bold since it isn't great for web browsing.
    I still used a Gig when I had my Bold, but of course I download podcasts too. That and I did my browsing from the Bold even though it sucked.
    05-31-11 04:52 AM
    I dunno if this was said but for the menus on *611, just hit 0 and you'll go right to a rep.

06-01-11 05:18 PM
    Did someone say "out-of-date phones?"

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not), but Verizon is coming out with a ridiculous amount of new phones.

LG Revolution, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible 2, Moto Droid X2, Samsung Droid Charge, Xperia Play, HTC Trophy.... All in the past month or two...
    06-07-11 04:15 AM
    Don't forget about the new blackberr..........oh wait nevermind.

06-07-11 03:12 PM
    Don't forget about the new blackberr..........oh wait nevermind.

*Giggle*
    06-07-11 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD