05-08-09 10:26 PM
158 ... 567
tools
    here is some inside info the hub II gone will not be created vzw is pushing the HUB out of the store buy online only. this is a sad thing that they are doing, this will hurt customers if they have to have the hub replaced, no service while device is in route via fedex. When porting your home number to the hub be careful you need to tell your isp that u need to set up a dry loop also your internet billing needs to be to a CC. this should be done at the same time you put in for a port from your home number to the hub. this is the #1 issue dsl people are having. that is all. good luck.. I would not buy the hub..
    05-07-09 11:55 PM
    Where did you get this information?

I would like to follow up and get this hold of this info myself. As far as I know at this time you would need to sign the child phone up with the site and purchase the feature for their phone.

Chaperone
    How much does Chaperone cost to use on my Verizon Hub?
    Access to Chaperone service via your Verizon Hub is free of charge, much like using the Chaperone website or Chaperone Parent mobile service. However, a monthly subscription is required to use Chaperone on your Verizon Wireless cell phone.

To get Chaperone service added to your account, visit a Verizon Wireless store or call (800) 2-JOIN-IN (256-4646).

How does Chaperone work on my Verizon Hub? Similar to the Chaperone website experience, you can log in, view your Chaperone Child devices, and locate them. When located, the Chaperone Child device location information will display on a map on your Verizon Hub screen.
    Hey LR just seeing this.
    Well when I went to have a CS rep set it up she was having difficulty
    with it. She then shot it up a level higher and that is when
    a tech explained that u must have chaperone already set up
    between two cell (parent child ) phones before u can use it on the hub.
    Bummer...........
    05-08-09 09:09 AM
    here is some inside info the hub II gone will not be created vzw is pushing the HUB out of the store buy online only. this is a sad thing that they are doing, this will hurt customers if they have to have the hub replaced, no service while device is in route via fedex. When porting your home number to the hub be careful you need to tell your isp that u need to set up a dry loop also your internet billing needs to be to a CC. this should be done at the same time you put in for a port from your home number to the hub. this is the #1 issue dsl people are having. that is all. good luck.. I would not buy the hub..
    I can definately validate that the HUB is moving out of the stores and is to be sold online only, but where did you get you info about the Hub II? PM if you need on this.

Also yes, if you are getting this device and have DSL, you will need to have the dry loop set up with you DSL provider.

Couple of other things that can be affected in a home with a hub. I would think these affect not only VZW hub, but other VOIP services as well.

1. Security systems will not be supported as there is no way for a phone line to be connected that are required by security systems to be used (unless you maintain a basic hardline to the home). With this mind I have spoken with many customers and they have been told security companies they can make the systems work with any VOIP system. The cost on this will need to be reviewed with your security company. I have heard anywhere for $200 to $300.

2. Just yesterday I found that Dish tv charges an extra $5 per month per box that is not connected via phone line for their servce. So I will assume this will also affect Direct tv as well TiVo, but not having a phone line. I do not have have a phone hooked to all the Direct tv boxes in my home and there is no additional charge with them
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-08-09 at 12:05 PM.
    05-08-09 09:28 AM
    I can definately validate that the HUB is moving out of the stores and is to be sold online only, but where did you get you info about the Hub II? PM if you need on this.

Also yes, if you are getting this device and have DSL, you will need to have the dry loop set up with you DSL provider.

Couple of other things that can be affected in a home with a hub. I would think these affect not only VZW hub, but other VOIP services as well.

1. Security systems will not be supported as there is no way for a phone line to be connected that are required by security systems to be used (unless you maintain a basic hardline to the home). With this mind I have spoken with many customers and they have been told security companies they can make the systems work with any VOIP system. The cost on this will need to be reviewed with your security company. I have heard anywhere for $200 to $300.

2. Just yesterday I found that Dish tv charges an extra $5 per month per box that is not connected via phone line for their servce. So I will assume this will also affect Direct tv as well TiVo, but not having a phone line. I do not have have a phone hooked to all the Direct tv boxes in my home and there is no additional charge with them

i sent pm not sure if it went
    05-08-09 03:51 PM

yeah i only have 2 post now 3.. 7 more then i can lol u can send me your email but also the main thing is i know someone in the hub tech support for vzw very well..
    05-08-09 04:57 PM
    I can wait for you to get 7 more posts. For my own sanity, I do not give out my email I can you though that I as well am involved with the same team and have been since day one
    05-08-09 05:05 PM
    I can wait for you to get 7 more posts. For my own sanity, I do not give out my email I can you though that I as well am involved with the same team and have been since day one
    nice well have a good weekend
    05-08-09 06:02 PM
    I, personally, am glad the HUB is leaving. I never really liked it much. The idea is sound but the 2yr thing kinda bothered me as well as the cost per extra handset. Besides, Im lucky enough to be E911 capable area (I currently use voip of a different carrier) that VZW wont validate as capable. Also anyone in like a 30 mile radius cant use it either thanks to our area not being loaded into netace or something. shrug. Im glad its gone. We'll probably put our netbook display up in its spot or just add yet another oddly placed accessory wall.
    05-08-09 10:26 PM
158 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD