05-08-09 09:26 PM
158 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Whoa...........
    Now here goes; hope I can word this correctly.
    We set the hub to receive in calls directly to our
    cells; and that does not count against our minutes? Correct?
    So can we program our hubs so we can make out calls from
    our cells thru the hub which will not count against our minutes?
    Would that also be a yes?
    If so that is a major plus and would definitely help add to
    our savings.....
    03-08-09 07:32 AM
    Ah no.

The feature is called simultainiuos ring. This will ring the hub and your cell phone so if you are not near the hub, you can answer it. Will it count against your minutes? This I am not sure of and will be finding an answer to that tomorrow when I get back to work. Does not work this way out bound.
    03-08-09 08:53 AM
    Thanks Raid
    03-08-09 09:02 AM
    If I use call forwarding on my cell phone to the hub are those minutes free because of the IN network connection?? I do not have cell signal in my home.
    03-08-09 10:21 AM
    I believe even you call forward the cell, it will go against your minutes as the person calling you has called the cell number. Still investigating though. If you are having signal issues in your home though, go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless and do a search for network extender. This might help your in home signal issue
    03-08-09 10:28 AM
    Ah no.

The feature is called simultainiuos ring. This will ring the hub and your cell phone so if you are not near the hub, you can answer it. Will it count against your minutes? This I am not sure of and will be finding an answer to that tomorrow when I get back to work. Does not work this way out bound.
    why would it not work outbound? all outbound calls from the hub are free anyway.
    03-08-09 10:24 PM
    It would be a big help because if u look at their pricing for their plans. It makes more sense to go with unlimited minutes. Hey if in and out thru the hub thru the cell did not count against your minutes we are talking a possibility of major savings
    03-08-09 11:02 PM
    we really do need some clarification on what counts as in calling and what doesn't...especially if you use similtanious ring and answer a hub call with your phone.

any light you can shed on this raid would be great.
    03-09-09 10:04 AM
    why would it not work outbound? all outbound calls from the hub are free anyway.
    Do I really need to answer this. Trust me it does not work
    03-09-09 05:22 PM
    we really do need some clarification on what counts as in calling and what doesn't...especially if you use similtanious ring and answer a hub call with your phone.

any light you can shed on this raid would be great.
    Calm down I have your answer. I gotta work to pay them bills ya know.

Call fowarding and Simultainious ring will go against your plan minutes, UNLESS- the caller is on the VZW network or family and friends. Keep in mind call forwarding is just that and simultainious ring is to setup 1-3 numbers so that if you are not by the HUB soneone can answer it and your cell phone is no way linked to the HUB. It is working off towers.
    03-09-09 05:27 PM
    Cell phone: radio towers

VoIP Hub Service: Internet Voice over IP

Calling from your VZW cell phone to a VZW Hub line is IN calling. Calling from your VZW Hub line to your VZW cell phone is IN calling. Calls between any VZW cell and any VZW Hub are IN calling.

It used to be that if you called from 555-1111 to 555-2222 and were forwarded to 555-3333, the receiving number (3333) would register as the forwarding number and the originating number (1111) would be insulated. Call Forwarding, since the advent of AIN (Advanced Intelligent Networking), is too smart for us. When a call is forwarded, as soon as the forwarding number drops, the call is recorded as from the original number. Now, the information from 1111 would show, even when forwarded from other numbers. Because of this, calls would be billed accordingly.

If your caller were using AT&T or Bell South or whatever, you would use minutes unless you had that number listed on your cell phone F&F list. If they were calling from a VZW number (cell or Hub), it would be IN calling.

What the raidman sayeth is true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 05:54 PM
    ok...i have a hub. as long as the people calling my hub are vzn customers or on my friends and family list...it is considered in-calling. i get that. my understnading is that if i am away from my hub...and i answer with my cell, those same rules apply...ie calls from vzn customers and F&F answered by my cell (via similtanious ring) are still considered in-calling....correct?

i also guess i am thinking of a different meaning of the term "outbound" because any outbound call from the hub is free according to all the people at verizon i talked to. correct?
    03-09-09 07:11 PM
    Any domestic calls from your Hub are free (special numbers like 900 or Directory Assistance excepted of course). Calls into your hub are free to you regardless of where they are from. If the caller is on a VZW mobile, they also get IN calling to your Hub. If you pickup the call on your mobile, this is where it gets slightly tricky.

If the call would count toward your minutes if they called your mobile directly, it would count toward your minutes if forwarded from your Hub. If the call would not count toward your minutes if called directly to your mobile, then the call would be free when forwarded from your Hub.

Does than make sense?

03-09-09 07:42 PM
    it does...that is what i thought. great product. i love this thing.
    03-09-09 07:43 PM
    Any updates on the hub........
    Like loves dislikes.....
    New features coming out.
    Just thought I would bump
    03-16-09 05:48 PM
    They could not import my existing home number. I was going to get one for my son.
    03-16-09 05:56 PM
    I don't have a land line/home phone so fortunately it is not a deal breaker for me...
    03-16-09 06:29 PM
    I just bought the Hub and personally I really like it, the only down fall I don't like about it is the ringtones are bad. I was told at the Verizon store you could add ringtones to it but was told by verizon on the phone you can't.
    03-16-09 08:10 PM
    Coolest home EVER!!

03-16-09 08:19 PM
    I saw lastraid is on now so figured I would bump this. Have you had anymore experience with it yet? Heard anything from customers, positive or negative?

03-28-09 05:03 PM
    One really cool thing since this forum was brought up is, the hub now has radio stations.

The biggest concern I hear about daily when taking customer calls are as stated above the ringtones and the fact the hub does not support faxing yet.

Other than that no big issues that I have heard of and most people really like it
    03-28-09 05:08 PM
    I thought I had said that when I checked it out at the store. I could be mistaken. That is a very nice feature.

Thanks for the input. Its been awhile since I heard anything about it.

03-28-09 05:13 PM
    One really cool thing since this forum was brought up is, the hub now has radio stations.

The biggest concern I hear about daily when taking customer calls are as stated above the ringtones and the fact the hub does not support faxing yet.

Other than that no big issues that I have heard of and most people really like it
    It would be nice if you could connect cordless phones to it. This would also allow faxing, especially if it supported multiple lines. Memory expansion would be good, too.

03-28-09 06:52 PM
    And bluetooth. I don't think that has been mentioned yet :-/

03-28-09 06:56 PM
    Yep some other nice ideas.

Although with simultanious ring and addition of handsets not sure B/T is really needed. Remember this is designed as a home phone- not a cell phone.

Also keep in mind that the hub unit is in its intfancy stage and will grow.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-28-09 at 09:00 PM.
    03-28-09 08:55 PM
158 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD