05-08-09 09:26 PM
158 12345 ...
tools
    Chip is the volume pretty loud on the handset?
    03-07-09 07:59 AM
    First off I do think that hub Qualifies for F&F. The second half of your questions is great question - I will need to research this to be honest with you. THere are so many great questions coming from customers, at this point and the device is so new, I need to use my resources and I dont have them right now. Maybe another rep that works with hub will come along that is checking in from work. I will look into though.
    03-07-09 08:01 AM
    Ringer or voice? both sound good to me I have spoken to several customer using the hand set and I can hear myself though my headset as they volume up. Also has a pretty darn good speaker phone on both the base and handset.

Also you can stop by a store. Most of them have up and running units you can make calls on and you test this
    03-07-09 08:03 AM
    the earpiece is fine...the ringer is not very loud at all. not near as loud as the base.
    03-07-09 08:05 AM
    Interesting - I guess the headsets are are pretty good then. This could be that speaker in the hanset maybe smaller than the one in the base?
    03-07-09 08:08 AM
    If the base is loud thats fine; that means it can act as a backup to the alarm when I call my son in the morn to wake him up. But like I said the chaperone is the deal maker for me. VZ'ws policy is that u have to have a parent phone to use the chaperone capability. Which makes sense to me because it locks in a number so not just anyone can track your child.
    I will be getting this unit. Some good questions u brought up about if u set the calls to go through your router to your mobile would that count as minutes used.
    Thanks
    03-07-09 09:12 AM
    U said there will be more features to come on this thing.
    Wanna give us some teasers?
    03-07-09 09:13 AM
    U said there will be more features to come on this thing.
    Wanna give us some teasers?
    If I knew I would. This is like the release of new devices. We do not told much of anything. The 13 radio stations was just realsed not long ago, we got a few days notice of this. I do know that the amount of stations will grow, but I do not know when or what stations they will be.
    03-07-09 09:20 AM
    If I knew I would. This is like the release of new devices. We do not told much of anything. The 13 radio stations was just realsed not long ago, we got a few days notice of this. I do know that the amount of stations will grow, but I do not know when or what stations they will be.
    Radio stations..........................wow.
    Ok maybe I can look it up but. Can u use a bluetooth on the base.
    Reason I ask is because I have a stand alone bluetooth speaker unit.
    That would be soooo nice.
    Thanks Raid
    03-07-09 10:38 AM
    Not at this time. No bluetooth in the software

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 10:46 AM
    I just got mine it is called the network extender. It is $249 no discounts no nothing, one time charge.
    Get it if you have poor service. it is great. on my storm I went from one 1x bar to four bars with ex. my wifes LG went from no bars to four also. easy to install (caution you need to be within 20 feet of a window for the gps {that is how 911 finds you if you cal them}) . three VZW phones can be on simultanously. This thing is great and I think it will pay for itself in reduced POTS long distance calls in 2 months.
    03-07-09 11:11 AM
    Cool glad to hear this working for you, but the HUB is different.
    03-07-09 11:12 AM
    Cool glad to hear this working for you, but the HUB is different.
    Yes it is and this thread is about the Hub & not the Extender.

03-07-09 11:47 AM
    stop and think a moment, do you make most of your calls on the "in" network? most of us in my family do. So, all of these calls are FREE. after 9 pm FREE, Weekends FREE I don't think Vonage can compete, we are all hooked up it is easy (keep in mind you have to be within 20 ' of a window for the gps. crystal clear not like skyp is . my bluetooth works. all of our signal strength are real high now. WOW
    03-07-09 03:42 PM
    is this different than the wireless extender? that is what I have been making answers for, if so, apologies
    03-07-09 03:46 PM
    really, how and what is different? we are all real happy with the extender, now thinking about getting rid of POTS
    03-07-09 03:47 PM
    this is nothing like an extender. look at it as an internet phone hybrid with your cell account. all calls are free and are crystal clear like a land line. the hub is somewhat intregated with you your cell account.

the "hub" is like the base of a phone system, but it's a touchscreen and 7 or so inches. it has a calendar that can send reminders (as a text message) to any person on verizon.

i use the hub as my office number with similtanios ringing to my cell...so i never miss a call. and because it is coming from my hub, it's considered "in calling".

it does tons of other things...you should check it on on vzn's web site.
    03-07-09 04:01 PM
    Can you get the hub even if you are maxed out with 5 lines?

03-07-09 06:38 PM
    The wireless extender and the hub are 2 different things

03-07-09 06:39 PM

Yes you can
    03-07-09 06:52 PM

I would assume that you could get this if you already have 5 lines on a family plan, thats what I'm assuming from your post. This is a seperate line that cannot be added to a family plan. The cost is $34.99 month.

And yes this is much different from the Network Extender. The Hub is a phone which is designed to be used as a home phone, or as another posted a phone for in the office. The Hub is designed to replace a land line. The Network Extender simply enhances signal in your house or buisness.
    03-07-09 09:52 PM
    Now is the hub in calling when vzw phones call the hub or the hub calls the vzw phones?
    03-07-09 10:26 PM
    Now what would be perfect is a two-line Hub with a built-in Network Extender. Give it bluetooth on the base & the additional handsets.

And for the chronic whiners, give it full GPS so they can try to navigate out of the darkness in their heads.

Okay, so the last idea was pushing it....

03-07-09 10:43 PM
    Now is the hub in calling when vzw phones call the hub or the hub calls the vzw phones?
    Both, actually. In in & In out.

03-07-09 10:46 PM
    Now what would be perfect is a two-line Hub with a built-in Network Extender. Give it bluetooth on the base & the additional handsets.

And for the chronic whiners, give it full GPS so they can try to navigate out of the darkness in their heads.

Okay, so the last idea was pushing it....

I'm with you here. This would be the sh1t with bluetooth and a build in network extender.
    03-08-09 01:04 AM
158 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD