I was just check out verizonwireless.com and their email and internet plan and it looks like it went up! Last I check before yesterday, it was just $29.99 to add to your current voice plan. But when I check last night it was $49.99! What's up with that? I'm hoping that it was just a mistake or something, because if it wasn't then they might loose some customers - things are getting too expensive.
    07-06-09 12:08 PM
    I was just check out verizonwireless.com and their email and internet plan and it looks like it went up! Last I check before yesterday, it was just $29.99 to add to your current voice plan. But when I check last night it was $49.99! What's up with that? I'm hoping that it was just a mistake or something, because if it wasn't then they might loose some customers - things are getting too expensive.

Definitely a mistake...It use to be $44.99 now that's just for BES users that need corporate provisioning....the rest of us can keep our $29.99 plans
    07-06-09 12:11 PM
    49.99 plan is data only. Not a voice plan add on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 12:18 PM
    The 49.99 plan is if you just have data, no voice. But it's still 29.99.
    07-06-09 12:19 PM
    The 49.99 plan is if you just have data, no voice. But it's still 29.99.
    Oh okay, so as long as you have a voice plan, then the email and data plan is still 29.99. What a relief, I'm looking for a used blackberry storm and get that on my plan till the storm 2 comes out, but if it went up by $20, I would have thought twice about doing that. Thanks guys for the quick reply!
    07-06-09 12:28 PM
    Oh okay, so as long as you have a voice plan, then the email and data plan is still 29.99. What a relief, I'm looking for a used blackberry storm and get that on my plan till the storm 2 comes out, but if it went up by $20, I would have thought twice about doing that. Thanks guys for the quick reply!
    No problem. Plus I think it would be a mistake on VZW part to raise the price. Especially trying to get new customers.
    07-06-09 01:21 PM
    No problem. Plus I think it would be a mistake on VZW part to raise the price. Especially trying to get new customers.
    Yea, I'm a pretty loyal VZW customer, so they don't really have to worry about me. As long as the service stays the same or gets better and the price's don't go through the roof, then I'll still be there.
    07-06-09 01:35 PM
    Even if they did change it, you would be grandfathered in.
    07-06-09 01:49 PM
    Is the data "unlimited" on the BIS $29.99 email/internet plan?
    07-06-09 01:55 PM
    Yes. It is unlimited. No quotations required. Only for your device though. No tethering.

07-06-09 02:06 PM
    Yes. It is unlimited. No quotations required. Only for your device though. No tethering.

sorry for being such a noob but what's tethering?
    07-06-09 02:53 PM
    That is what it is called to use your phone as a modem for a computer.

07-06-09 03:01 PM
    That is what it is called to use your phone as a modem for a computer.

Ah I see! What does it use when you do have it hooked up to your computer as a modem? Does it use your minutes and also get charged a fee for it?
    07-06-09 03:09 PM
    Its 30 bucks a month and you get a separate 5 gigabyte allowance

07-06-09 03:47 PM
    Its 30 bucks a month and you get a separate 5 gigabyte allowance

Ah okay cool! Good to know. Thanks guys
    07-06-09 06:17 PM
    Yea, I'm a pretty loyal VZW customer, so they don't really have to worry about me. As long as the service stays the same or gets better and the price's don't go through the roof, then I'll still be there.
    I'm with you on that sentiment.
    07-06-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD