So i have had Verizon for a long time now and have had many problems with their customer service. Alot of one person telling me something that is wrong, and them not living up to their words.

Today my battery at full charge went dead in 5 hours with barely ANY use! So i call tech support, they say I can take it to a local VZW store and they can test my battery. They even tell me the store to go to. I then drive the 15 minutes to the store, wait 20-30 minutes to find out they can not test a battery. All they can do is look at it, same thing i can do at home. So I wasted a hour of my night for nothing. I call customer service and they just say sorry. They say "Let me see what I can do for you" come back and say they are gonna credit my account some minutes. I have a family plan of 1400 minutes and the family 10. We are lucky if we use a 1000 minutes because the 10 people we talk to for free. So your "free" minutes are useless. So thats all they can do, what BS. When I had sprint they would do more to satisfy you and make things better.
    06-22-10 09:14 PM
    Well, your user name is certainly appropriate, binky.

06-22-10 09:17 PM
    o your hilarious
    06-22-10 09:19 PM
    So what were you looking for? How old is your curve, is the battery still under warranty? Did you want a monetary credit on your account, would that really have changed your mind about Verizon? There are studies that even if you credit the account the customer remains unhappy. You can't buy loyalty.
    06-22-10 09:24 PM
    the curve is only a few months old. Yes the battery is being replaced, that isnt the problem...the problem is them saying one thing and its wrong. Wasting my time.
    06-22-10 09:25 PM
    @motorcycle mama that was hilarious

@binky, if its honestly out of your way to go to a store ur better bet would be to have hung up on customer serv. Rep number 1 and try again. If u let them know its a serious inconvience for. To take ot to a vzw store, they prolly will help u out more via phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 09:25 PM
    Refrain from going to a store unless u absolutely have to.

06-22-10 09:27 PM
    Refrain from going to a store unless u absolutely have to.

I went to store because they said they could test the battery and possibly replace. I need to use my phone and cant have it die on me after 5 hours again.
    06-22-10 09:29 PM
    Well. Okay. I'm just saying, in the future, refrain unless u absolutely have to go. Because like I said, if u complained about the battery they prolly should have just sent u a replacement from the get-go

06-22-10 09:39 PM

My thoughts exactly.
    06-23-10 01:24 AM
    the curve is only a few months old. Yes the battery is being replaced, that isnt the problem...the problem is them saying one thing and its wrong. Wasting my time.
    So because the CS rep made an honest mistake you want something? He was mistaken, we cant test batteries in store. Im sure he didnt do it on purpose like he is standing around the water cooler talking to his fellow deviants about how they sent people to stores with false hope. Have you ever made a mistake? Probably.

@Mama.......very appropriate.
    06-23-10 09:01 AM
    So what were you looking for? How old is your curve, is the battery still under warranty? Did you want a monetary credit on your account, would that really have changed your mind about Verizon? There are studies that even if you credit the account the customer remains unhappy. You can't buy loyalty.
    Um, I beg to differ. You may not be able to buy love, lol, but you can buy loyalty.
    06-23-10 10:26 AM
    This is atleast the 3 or 4th time this type of thing has happened. So no its not first

06-23-10 10:28 AM
    This is atleast the 3 or 4th time this type of thing has happened. So no its not first
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results .....
    06-23-10 07:08 PM

Simply one of the best replies I have seen on this forum, ever.
    06-23-10 09:17 PM

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-24-10 01:02 AM
    So i have had Verizon for a long time now and have had many problems with their customer service. Alot of one person telling me something that is wrong, and them not living up to their words.

Today my battery at full charge went dead in 5 hours with barely ANY use! So i call tech support, they say I can take it to a local VZW store and they can test my battery. They even tell me the store to go to. I then drive the 15 minutes to the store, wait 20-30 minutes to find out they can not test a battery. All they can do is look at it, same thing i can do at home. So I wasted a hour of my night for nothing. I call customer service and they just say sorry. They say "Let me see what I can do for you" come back and say they are gonna credit my account some minutes. I have a family plan of 1400 minutes and the family 10. We are lucky if we use a 1000 minutes because the 10 people we talk to for free. So your "free" minutes are useless. So thats all they can do, what BS. When I had sprint they would do more to satisfy you and make things better.
    When I went to a store once about battery issues they just replaced the battery with another one I did not have to ask for anything after I told them my issue . I did have to wait about 15 minutes but that was it and I was out and back on the road .
    IE: Maybe you need to try a different person in that store or another store

When I had sprint they would do more to satisfy you and make things better.
    pfft.... wait why did you leave them then
    Last edited by DavidNC; 06-24-10 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added pfft comment lol
    06-24-10 08:08 AM
    I wouldnt go as far as to say verizon customer service is crap... however, I understand the ops frustration. I think 611 was just trying to give you a quick answer and passing it off to the store. I know they cannot test batteries as well and for them to tell you that is contiously knowing that they're sending you on a wild goose chase. I would chawk it up to one rep trying to end the call quickly with a half @$$ solution to your problem.

As for credit, if the account was properly noted that this is what they directed you to do and you are a good standing customer and have no need for extra minutes, surely a bit of recognition for your trouble should have been noted and a credit in a different sort of way should of been given.

bottom line, If you're a good customer without a bad record of bickering senselessly, I dont see why a bit of a courtesy would not be in order here....

Also, I'm pretty sure than a quick check and find out if it is indeed true that the closest vzw location is indeed far away from you. If it is, then all the evidence is there to warrant a credit. At the very least, all the evidence is attainable to the reps to validate your hardship
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 06-24-10 at 08:35 AM.
    06-24-10 08:32 AM
    one of the reasons I always stayed with VZW was the good customer service. I've gone into the store at least 3 times for new batteries right before thw warranty was over and it's a 10 minute process to get a new one. The other day I ordered a new phone and it didn't credit my $50 private sale offer on top of my NE2 credit, 5 minutes on the phone with support and it was straightened out. Went 500 minutes over plan 2 months ago when i changed positions, called 2 days before my cycle ended to go retro to the beginning but because I had done another change on that date the cmputer wouldn;t take it, girl promised me she'd call right after my billing cycle to straighten it out and on the day she prmoised I got that call.
    06-24-10 08:55 AM
    i do agree with the above poster's 1st paragraph. i did have one issue with the corporate store about not contacting me when they were having problems with my son's eNV touch phone not being able to update the software. i politely talked to the manager and he ordered a replacement phone for him at no charge (wasn't his original phone, him and my sis in law swapped phones and she's on her dad's plan, thus waiving the $50 charge).

but then again i usually don't have an issue with customer support and they're usually quick to send me a new replacement phone. i guess they see my account history and see that i don't start crap with them and don't do demanding on things. i even had one rep tell me personally that i'm one of her better customers and she'll drop me a call at least once a month to make sure i'm still happy with not only my service but also my phones on my account. i'm always emailing her supervisor on her great customer service skills.
    06-24-10 09:00 AM
    i do agree with the above poster's 1st paragraph. i did have one issue with the corporate store about not contacting me when they were having problems with my son's eNV touch phone not being able to update the software. i politely talked to the manager and he ordered a replacement phone for him at no charge (wasn't his original phone, him and my sis in law swapped phones and she's on her dad's plan, thus waiving the $50 charge).

but then again i usually don't have an issue with customer support and they're usually quick to send me a new replacement phone. i guess they see my account history and see that i don't start crap with them and don't do demanding on things. i even had one rep tell me personally that i'm one of her better customers and she'll drop me a call at least once a month to make sure i'm still happy with not only my service but also my phones on my account. i'm always emailing her supervisor on her great customer service skills.

I think its all about history! Too many variations of customers to treat everyone exactly the same
    06-24-10 09:06 AM
    Ok so I am going to hit on this whole customer service rep thing with Verizon. I love Verizon service, I think and know its the best cell service period. However as many threads have pointed out their customer service is horrible.
    The reason it is horrible is because Verizon knows they are the best, and when your the best you act like your the best because they know that we as clients do not want to go anywhere because the service will not be as good.
    The biggest things I hate is that basically which other people are the forums have noted is that if you call 10 times you will get 10 different answers from 10 different reps. Very annoying, esp when you want to call and just get a straight answer or get a warranty issue resolved.
    Also when you have a long outdrawn discussion with a rep and the "supposedly" type down everything they have promised you then when you call back to get what you told you were going to get that service rep had not put in anything that they told you they did.
    Verizon customer service does suck but I have just learned that if you really want to get your way or get a problem resolved and you are not getting anywhere with a certain rep...just hang up call back and again and try your luck....Eventually you will get taken care of
    06-25-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD