05-17-09 10:34 AM
36 12
tools
    just because there's more "quality" doesn't mean "any" price is justified! It kills me how ppl always make that argument without setting any sort of limit to what quality is worth
    The reason the quality is better is because the price is higher.. the move revenue that vzw gets, the more will go to the network.. vzw put over 6.5 billion in the network in '08.. no other provider does that.. if we were higher and the worst service we would lose customers every quarter.. instead we add over 1 million a quarter.. can I get a witness??!
    05-11-09 10:04 PM
    Scales of Economy
    05-12-09 10:43 AM
    Personally, I look at this the same way I did the Friends and Family thing. The more they are willing to give me for less money then the happier I am. I would love to pay less for the data plan on my BB. I also wouldn't mind getting unlimited SMS/MMS and VZnav included in the price of the data plan. Like I said, the more I get for less the better it is.
    Friends and Family was a big marketing scam...
    05-12-09 10:50 AM
    vzw put over 6.5 billion in the network in '08.. no other provider does that..
    Which is possibly 10 times the current net worth of Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 03:59 PM
    Believe it when I see it! Love Verizon but gosh darn it how about giving something back in way of lower prices?
    05-14-09 10:15 PM
    Friends and Family was a big marketing scam...
    You take your customers who are not bottom feeders on the minutes scale. You give them a sizable extra for free. Your definition of scam is all screwed up.

05-15-09 04:46 PM
    You take your customers who are not bottom feeders on the minutes scale. You give them a sizable extra for free. Your definition of scam is all screwed up.

"bottom feeders"

there's that right wing hate talk again! LOL

the scam is that you have to upgrade your minutes to a high amount in order to apply this program. It defeats the purpose for more people out there and was designed to try to increase 450 min plans to 900 minute plans while trying to do it under cover of a clever sounding idea of offering people something for free.

I bet you won't debate that and just call me a bottom feeder who whipes **** at a local hospital right? LMAO!
    05-17-09 08:46 AM
    A good majority of people who are on the 450 plan (or 700 for families) don't need F&F anyway..

Sure, it's for the people that spend a little more money with us overall. There's nothing scamish about that. When you get a paid app in the CB store, you tend to get a little more than you did with a free app. You tend to get a little more when you spend $50 bucks on something versus $10.

That's life, chief. Welcome to capitalism!
    05-17-09 09:49 AM
    if u have more minutes, ur less likely to need f&f. If u have 450, f&f is ur initiative to upgrade!

Thats life... your right! However, this argument is to those that think vzw is doing this out of the kindness of their heart and offering something for free like santa clause!

Get it chief?
    05-17-09 09:52 AM
    just because there's more "quality" doesn't mean "any" price is justified! It kills me how ppl always make that argument without setting any sort of limit to what quality is worth
    Yeah they should either increase the speed with the same price 29.99 which is rediculous. Or lower the price because its not that fast.
    05-17-09 10:17 AM
    if u have more minutes, ur less likely to need f&f. If u have 450, f&f is ur initiative to upgrade!

Thats life... your right! However, this argument is to those that think vzw is doing this out of the kindness of their heart and offering something for free like santa clause!

Get it chief?
    In this case, common sense would dictate that what you say is true. In reality, it's actually the exact opposite.

I can't even count how many times I've positioned to a customer that is on a 2100 min FSP who has NOT activated his F&F benefit and uses 1700-2000 min a month that we can save him money by dropping him down to a 1400 min FSP and assisting him with setting up his F&F. Boom, that's an instant $20 a month saving for just a few minutes of his time in front of a monitor. Not a bad deal.

Trust me, it happens all the time.

I'll put it to you from a personal measure as well. Currently, I'm on a 1400 min Select FSP w/ two BB's and a Moto 755 for my oldest daughter. I don't talk much on the phone (BBM FTW) but my wife talks to her BFF's on a constant basis. Believe it or not, between her and her 3 best friends, each one of them comprises a user on the Big 4 networks. Without F&F, I would probably need to be at least on a 3000 min FSP. Look at that! F&F has instantly save me $60 a month in access charges.

That's what Friends & Family was designed for. Believe it or not, it's *not* a scam. Do you get something for nothing? No. Nothing works that way in life. But it's pretty damn close, and it works great for people in my situation. Which, trust me, happens a lot more than you might think. I see it every day.
    05-17-09 10:34 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD