05-17-09 10:34 AM
36 12
tools
    05-08-09 12:42 PM
    I sure hope so. I am willing to pay the $30 a month for my BIS data, but if it goes down, I would be happy. I really liked my 1st Gen iPhone because I only paid $20 a month for unlimited data.
    05-08-09 12:46 PM
    This would be great. Anything to save some money.
    05-08-09 01:06 PM
    or, keep the price, increase the speed!
    05-08-09 01:08 PM
    or, keep the price, increase the speed!
    sounds like something that would be more likely done.
    05-08-09 01:40 PM
    Here's a link to a better write up about the same subject with video;

Unstrung - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wants LTE ASAP - Telecom News Analysis
    05-08-09 02:26 PM
    they can keep the BIS prices... just lower tetherings crazy price and I'm good. THrowing in VZ Nav with a voice/bb data/texting plan also makes sense. If my memory serves me right, the premium plans for non-blackberry data devices includes VZ Nav for free as a bonus! I fail to understand why this isn't the case for a voice/bb data/texting plan as well
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-10-09 at 02:53 AM.
    05-10-09 02:46 AM
    Verizon should already have lowered the price. A wireless company in my city has been offering a wireless connection for a laptop or home pc for $19.99 a month. That's a guaranteed fixed price for as long as you have the service. Granted it's not as fast as cable, but comparable to Verizon.
    05-10-09 06:14 AM
    Tethering needs to be in the $15 range for tacking it on an existing BIS account. That would make your entire data package $45 a month. That seems very reasonable in my book, especially given these economic times...

Even $20 is expensive... but $30 on top of $30 is just out right rediculous for a pre rev A 5gb cap
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-10-09 at 07:01 PM.
    05-10-09 06:10 PM
    Tethering needs to be in the $15 range for tacking it on an exsisting BIS account. That would make your entire data package $45 a month. That seems very reasonable in my book, especially given these economic times...

Even $20 is expensive... but $30 on top of $30 is just out right rediculous for a pre rev A 5gb cap
    Agreed...but...

I just signed up for it though...
    05-10-09 06:49 PM
    Verizon should already have lowered the price. A wireless company in my city has been offering a wireless connection for a laptop or home pc for $19.99 a month. That's a guaranteed fixed price for as long as you have the service. Granted it's not as fast as cable, but comparable to Verizon.
    We have cities within the local area that offer something similar for even less. The problem is, these services are not setup for decent mobile performance, nor will they work outside of the area. If you're sitting at the park or the library, fine - but get in a car & just drive around the block & you're stuck.

Hold on to some patience - I've seen some proposed pricing models for LTE local service (with roaming options). It may surprise many, as long as the bean-counters don't foul it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 07:03 PM
    I pay the same for my cox cable internet its crazy they really need to lower it to at least $20 vzw is crazy expensive but you get what you pay for and the service is bar none so i cant complain to much.
    05-11-09 01:14 AM
    I pay the same for my cox cable internet its crazy they really need to lower it to at least $20 vzw is crazy expensive but you get what you pay for and the service is bar none so i cant complain to much.
    dude.. I just have to say you're awesome.. you know what quality means.. people kill me that just look at price.. it's like buying a cheapest TV you can find.. lol
    05-11-09 01:18 AM
    I would love to see the price lowered however someone had stated you get what you pay for!! I agree Verizon is a little exspensive on there prices, but I have had other companies in the past that Ive paid a little less for but I also got a lot less quality with thier services! Wow I almost forgot what I was talking about here as I randomly ramble on.
    05-11-09 01:39 AM
    dude.. I just have to say you're awesome.. you know what quality means.. people kill me that just look at price.. it's like buying a cheapest TV you can find.. lol
    just because there's more "quality" doesn't mean "any" price is justified! It kills me how ppl always make that argument without setting any sort of limit to what quality is worth
    05-11-09 01:42 AM
    I pay the same for my cox cable internet its crazy they really need to lower it to at least $20
    Try taking that Cox connection with you. Don't forget that RIM is getting somewhere close to half of the data fee and it costs considerably more to provide mobile broadband.

just because there's more "quality" doesn't mean "any" price is justified! It kills me how ppl always make that argument without setting any sort of limit to what quality is worth
    Any price the market will bear is justified. Start dictating what they can & cannot charge & they will respond by cutting services. Simple Economics 101 there.

Between VZW & AT&T, there are enough lines of service to cover one out of every two people - men, women & children - in the country. They provide more lines of service than there are bathtubs in the US, and do so with prices that are literally within pennies of each other.

If VZW's price was too obscene for the market to bear, why aren't T-Mobile & Sprint numbers one & two, instead of distant three & four?

And before anyone gets too much excitement over what the Chief Technology Officer says about pricing, remember that CTOs have little to no say in pricing.

05-11-09 03:22 AM
    Try taking that Cox connection with you. Don't forget that RIM is getting somewhere close to half of the data fee and it costs considerably more to provide mobile broadband.

Any price the market will bear is justified. Start dictating what they can & cannot charge & they will respond by cutting services. Simple Economics 101 there.

Between VZW & AT&T, there are enough lines of service to cover one out of every two people - men, women & children - in the country. They provide more lines of service than there are bathtubs in the US, and do so with prices that are literally within pennies of each other.

If VZW's price was too obscene for the market to bear, why aren't T-Mobile & Sprint numbers one & two, instead of distant three & four?

And before anyone gets too much excitement over what the Chief Technology Officer says about pricing, remember that CTOs have little to no say in pricing.

that may be true, but just hearing it from the CTOs mouth is enough to show that even he sees a problem
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-11-09 at 08:23 AM.
    05-11-09 07:33 AM
    I read in the iphone forum AT&T was considering lowering their prices on the iphone plans.
    With a little luck we may get a price war.
    05-11-09 01:40 PM
    I think that Verizon should lower prices. Or just include the $29.99 to include unlimited data, tethering VZnav etc. I also think I should be able to host a Counter-Strike, or other game server, from my phone. I think that it should include unlimited text messaging, pix/flix and unlimited global coverage. I also should be able to set up my phone to a router and sell my bandwith that I pay so much for.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 05-11-09 at 03:39 PM.
    05-11-09 03:36 PM
    I think that Verizon should lower prices. Or just include the $29.99 to include unlimited data, tethering VZnav etc. I also think I should be able to run a Counter-Strike, or other game server, from my phone. I think that it should include unlimited text messaging, pix/flix and unlimited global coverage. I also should be able to set up my phone to a router and sell my bandwith that I pay so much for.
    You also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and that Elvis still lives, don't you?

05-11-09 03:38 PM
    They don't ?
    05-11-09 03:39 PM
    If VZW lowered its data plan cost I would definitely stick with them for a very long time...
    05-11-09 03:42 PM
    Personally, I look at this the same way I did the Friends and Family thing. The more they are willing to give me for less money then the happier I am. I would love to pay less for the data plan on my BB. I also wouldn't mind getting unlimited SMS/MMS and VZnav included in the price of the data plan. Like I said, the more I get for less the better it is.
    05-11-09 03:58 PM
    VZ Nav included with a voice/unlimited texting/bb data would help a lot. Its only $10 savings, but its just very practical given the exact same deal is available with a premium plan, which s basically the same as the lader
    05-11-09 07:54 PM
    I remember when you got 30 local only minutes for 29.99.

05-11-09 08:26 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD