Hello, before i ask my question let me explain to everyone my situation.
    I am in a family share plan with verizon wireless including my mom and dad. My cell phone number's contract isn't due for a phone upgrade until early december although my dads contract is already due for an upgrade as is my moms come august.
    I want to jump ship over to ATAT in order to get my hands on the bold or iphone ( i know ... i know.) But in doing so i also want to keep my number, is there any way that i can get verizon to somehow swap my contract with my dads in order for me to transfer my cellular phone number over to atat's without having to pay the early cancelation fee, because either way at least one of our lines will eventually be canceled because i will be switching to atat regardless if whether i do it now or later...
    any answers would be greatly appreciated.
    oh and what is the early cancelation fee for vzw btw??
    thanks again
    -tony
    06-13-08 03:28 AM
    These are both questions that only VERIZON could really answer.
    You should call 611 on your phone and ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 08:45 AM
    Not sure. I think the ETF is $175 or at least it used to be

06-13-08 09:05 AM
    I work for VZW. That can't be done. Also, even though one line is up for an upgrade/renewal, that doesn't mean the contract expired. At 20 months of a 24 month contract you are allowed to upgrade. EFT is $175 standard, then there is a variable ETF. Call VZW and ask them about your ETF, it might be a variable charge, meaning for each month you are in service, you get $5.00 off the ETF. It will go down to $120 maximum.

C
    06-13-08 09:41 AM
    Not if you want to keep your number. The contract is tied to the number...
    06-13-08 09:52 AM
    ok let me clarify how my family share plans work,
    there are a total of 4 lines under our plan and i only want to bring one of those line numbers over to att, is that possible? or must i terminate the entire entire account including all 4 lines?
    Thanks Again.
    06-13-08 01:21 PM
    Im on a family share plan, but we are all under one contract. I am confused as too how you guys are all under different contracts. Although, Me and my mother are in the same boat and going to jump to over for the new iphone (its for personal use). Also, is there a particular reason you want to keep that number. Otherwise your just going to cause yourself abig headache. You could always transfer your contacts and send out one big text saying that "this is my new number" and who you are...
    06-13-08 02:48 PM
    Im on a family share plan, but we are all under one contract. I am confused as too how you guys are all under different contracts. Although, Me and my mother are in the same boat and going to jump to over for the new iphone (its for personal use). Also, is there a particular reason you want to keep that number. Otherwise your just going to cause yourself abig headache. You could always transfer your contacts and send out one big text saying that "this is my new number" and who you are...
    yeah i suppose i just don't wanna go thru the incovenience of having to make sure everyone i know is aware of my new number because i've had the same number for years now.

and to clarify we are not under separate contracts its actually just one contract including my mom,dad, and sister and myself in a family share plan with verizon. My family wants to stay with vzw whereas i want to jump to atat and i was just wondering if i could just transfer my lone number without having to terminate my entire families contract. hope thats more understandable.
    thanks.
    06-13-08 03:48 PM
    If you port one number, it's the only one affected. If it is under contract you will incur an etf. You cannot shift the contract to a different line on your account.

06-13-08 05:06 PM
    Sounds to me like you're not actually considering the Bold, because that would be quite an illogical move. I think you know good and well the Bold should be out later this year on Verizon, and no one in their right mind would trade in better coverage and $175 to have the Bold 2-3 months earlier.

So, if you really want the iPhone, go get it. It's a cool phone and all, but I think you'll be regretting your decision 2-3 months into your new contract. It's already been out one year and at launch nothing compared to the iPhone. There are now several new phones that compete toe-to-toe with the iPhone (Bold, Touch Diamond, etc.) after just 12 months, so in 2 years when your contract is up, I think you'll be licking your chops as something BETTER than the iPhone will certainly be available, quite probably from RIM.
    06-13-08 10:58 PM
    Sounds to me like you're not actually considering the Bold, because that would be quite an illogical move. I think you know good and well the Bold should be out later this year on Verizon, and no one in their right mind would trade in better coverage and $175 to have the Bold 2-3 months earlier.

So, if you really want the iPhone, go get it. It's a cool phone and all, but I think you'll be regretting your decision 2-3 months into your new contract. It's already been out one year and at launch nothing compared to the iPhone. There are now several new phones that compete toe-to-toe with the iPhone (Bold, Touch Diamond, etc.) after just 12 months, so in 2 years when your contract is up, I think you'll be licking your chops as something BETTER than the iPhone will certainly be available, quite probably from RIM.
    i know what you mean.
    i'm considering the bold or iphone if i do jump ship to atat.
    the only thing i'm concerned about is the same thing that happened to verizon with the curve. We just got it about a month ago whereas almost every other gsm carrier has had it for more than a year and i'd be pretty bummed to have to wait a year for the bold. i'm still weighing out the pros and cons, verizons coverage is superb but atat in my area isn't all bad either. Pros of staying with verizon till my contract ends in december is that i can wait till the bold is released on atat for a few months and see how great a phone it is after all. Thanks for your input though, maybe i'll just learn some patience and stick it out with verizon
    06-13-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD