So, last week I got my BB. When I ordered it I went over the price and she told me that w/o the 17% discount I get for working for a national organization, that my bill would be $70 per month with unlimited text, data, and email. I called back when I actually got it to make sure that this was still the case, and was told that it was. Now, I call today, because of course Verizon added insurance to my phone, and am told that with my 17% discount my bill will be $74 per month, plus taxes and all of their other fees.

So, summation for those who skim like me, called twice, told it would be 70 per month minus 17%, so $58 per month, plus taxes and all of their fees.

My mistake her was not getting everyone from Verizon's info. Any ideas on what I should do? And how I should approach this?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by seth414; 01-29-09 at 08:15 PM. Reason: can't spell
    01-29-09 08:14 PM
    How much of this bill is from taxes and fees? Also the first bill may have an activation fee.

Just call and they can expplain all charges. They are very good about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:51 PM
    Yeah, I did call and explain, they told me they were sorry and there is nothing they can do. I am about ready to cancel and pay the cancellation fee.

01-29-09 08:59 PM
    So, last week I got my BB. When I ordered it I went over the price and she told me that w/o the 17% discount I get for working for a national organization, that my bill would be $70 per month with unlimited text, data, and email. I called back when I actually got it to make sure that this was still the case, and was told that it was. Now, I call today, because of course Verizon added insurance to my phone, and am told that with my 17% discount my bill will be $74 per month, plus taxes and all of their other fees.

So, summation for those who skim like me, called twice, told it would be 70 per month minus 17%, so $58 per month, plus taxes and all of their fees.

My mistake her was not getting everyone from Verizon's info. Any ideas on what I should do? And how I should approach this?

Thanks guys.
    Okay, lets see if I can give you an answer to your satisfaction - Your monthly plan, then 29.99 for data (email/Internet Browsing), then unlimiting texting/video that could be another 10-20 dollars per month. Now take away your company discount from your month plan only. Now add that amount to your data plan and texting plan. Now depending where you live multiple your taxes which is normally around anywhere from 10-20 percent and this includes any fees. And as the previous person said since if this is your first time you probably have a pro-rate to along with your plan.
    01-29-09 09:00 PM
    I bet its the taxes and fees.

01-29-09 09:10 PM
    i agree - here in Orlando taxes n fees equal to around 18 percent.
    01-29-09 09:20 PM
    So let me get this straight... You angry and ready to cancel because you didn't read the fine print in your contract and have to pay taxes as well?

01-29-09 09:40 PM
    No, you didn't get it right. I don't care about paying the taxes, I am upset that I was told it would be around sixty five a month and now it is eighty. Does it say that in the fine print, because I missed it. (I am upset that they lied.)

Last edited by seth414; 01-29-09 at 09:58 PM.
    01-29-09 09:43 PM
    so you are going to pay 175.00 termination fee over 15 bucks a month, that comes out to 180 bucks in one year. Well good luck with whatever provider you decide to go to.
    Last edited by jrod3055; 01-29-09 at 10:51 PM.
    01-29-09 10:49 PM
    is it possible they hadn't factored in the text when they initially priced you? you mentioned that they were offering you unlimited text, but i don't think verizon offers that (at least on their website?). that would definitely explain the $20 difference...
    01-29-09 11:33 PM
    No, you didn't get it right. I don't care about paying the taxes, I am upset that I was told it would be around sixty five a month and now it is eighty. Does it say that in the fine print, because I missed it. (I am upset that they lied.)

If you had read the fine print it will tell you what your monthly discount applies to. Taxes are probably half of the extra $15 anyway. If you don't like it cancel, pay your ETF and be done with it. Verizon doesn't owe you anything and it's not their fault you didn't read your contract and understand taxes and just took some rep's word over the phone.
    01-30-09 03:38 PM
    be glad your getting a discount
    01-30-09 05:03 PM
    Hope its in the range of the return date
    01-30-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD