I was on the train going in to New York City recently and I compared my mothers iPhone coverage to my Verizon BlackBerry Curve 8330 coverage and lets just say I won...lol We were in the tunnel going into NYC and I still had full 3G coverage, while my mom didn't have any service. I rubbed it in by making a phone call and surfing the web, while she sat there watching...

So, to all those in the tri-state area (NYC that is) Verizon is number one, at least from what I was able to see. We were outside walking around NYC and my mom said "I have service now!" and I laughed and said "Yeah, only above ground in the middle of the city does AT&T have service" LOL
    07-19-09 06:35 PM
    That was a very non biased and scientific experiment you did there.
    07-19-09 06:37 PM
    I know lol I thought it would help some out.
    07-19-09 06:44 PM
    Yeah, that does appear to be the case. I had Cingular/ATT for a long time and switched to Verizon right before I went to work for them. I dropped a call one day in a known dead zone and I almost slammed into a tree cause I had never experienced that before on Verizon. On ATT, it was par for the course.
    07-19-09 06:59 PM
    I was on the train going in to New York City recently and I compared my mothers iPhone coverage to my Verizon BlackBerry Curve 8330 coverage and lets just say I won...lol We were in the tunnel going into NYC and I still had full 3G coverage, while my mom didn't have any service. I rubbed it in by making a phone call and surfing the web, while she sat there watching...

So, to all those in the tri-state area (NYC that is) Verizon is number one, at least from what I was able to see. We were outside walking around NYC and my mom said "I have service now!" and I laughed and said "Yeah, only above ground in the middle of the city does AT&T have service" LOL
    Wait til you try the A/C/E line. You'll get verizon service in many of the stations. I was texting and e-mailing happily while riding the subway ... I'd like to see an iPhone user do that
    07-20-09 06:55 AM
    Well this is no mystery....ever since the explosion of the iphone, ATT sucks in NY because the iphone is just too much of a data hog and its Killing ATT's Network.

Verizon and Sprint are tops in NYC hands down....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:10 AM
    In Los Angeles AT&T is supposed to be good the key word is supposes. But on 3g service be bouncing up and down like a rabbit on crack so I choose to stay on edge. Picture this I work at LAX and can't get consistent 3g signal and of course you know that's a battery drainer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD