03-19-09 11:24 AM
59 123
tools
    Correct. I have verizon now but to tell you the truth they are behind on devices. And it takes forever to make cdma phones that gsm. I am switching because at&t will have the best network in future. Simulanteous voice and data will be the way of the future. If you don't realize it yet better start looking into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What do you mean by this?
    Only good thing about GSM is its Global. At any rate many countries have CDMA too though lol.
    03-17-09 10:16 AM
    What do you mean by this?
    Only good thing about GSM is its Global. At any rate many countries have CDMA too though lol.
    He means he hasn't been keeping up with facts.

A) GSM is not global. CDMA rules the roost in high-tech countries and actually covers more people than does GSM.

B) While GSM does currently offer simultaneous voice/data, it does so at the expense of bandwidth. EVDV wouldve provided this for CDMA, but VZW has chosen to go with LTE. In speed, it far eclipses CDMA, which in turn blows GSM out of the water. LTE will offer simultaneous data & voice at 30-60mbps or faster than current wired broadband. VZW is rolling it out later this year with an aggressive schedule & has plans for covering the entire country - think one color across that coverage map. AT&T has a leisurely rollout tentatively scheduled for late 2011. When you look at the fact AT&T is at about 30-35% 3G coverage, my hopes for a speedy rollout of LTE are diminished.

Just wait a little longer. The GSM talking points are about to evaporate.

03-17-09 12:46 PM
    He means he hasn't been keeping up with facts.

A) GSM is not global. CDMA rules the roost in high-tech countries and actually covers more people than does GSM.

B) While GSM does currently offer simultaneous voice/data, it does so at the expense of bandwidth. EVDV wouldve provided this for CDMA, but VZW has chosen to go with LTE. In speed, it far eclipses CDMA, which in turn blows GSM out of the water. LTE will offer simultaneous data & voice at 30-60mbps or faster than current wired broadband. VZW is rolling it out later this year with an aggressive schedule & has plans for covering the entire country - think one color across that coverage map. AT&T has a leisurely rollout tentatively scheduled for late 2011. When you look at the fact AT&T is at about 30-35% 3G coverage, my hopes for a speedy rollout of LTE are diminished.

Just wait a little longer. The GSM talking points are about to evaporate.

I can't wait unitl LTE is launched. We will be selling aircards like hotcakes!
    03-17-09 02:09 PM
    Okay dropping the insurance all together for both phones

AT&T = $179.96
    VZW = $179.95

I just ran it through both sites again because I could not remember how much AT&T charged for insurance.
    In all honesty AT&T has roll over minutes
    But VZ dub has fav 5
    03-17-09 11:28 PM
    Best thing ATT has going for it is not the rollover minutes, but the rollover minutes commercials! They always crack me up.
    03-18-09 10:51 AM
    Hi prada! yes att does have good ph choices, but verizon does have very good coverage. ie.-my hubby works up toward westchester ny-verizon gets coverage, whereas his co workers who have att do not. they have no signal at all. So yes i would tell you to go with verizon-do a 1year contract, pay little more for the phone, but better than being locked up for 2yrs if you dont like the network. just my .02!
    03-18-09 04:44 PM
    Best thing ATT has going for it is not the rollover minutes, but the rollover minutes commercials! They always crack me up.
    Lol now that is good u are right. but in defense if VZW ya gotta love their dead zone commercials.......
    U know I cannot let the VZW be out done......
    03-19-09 09:28 AM
    For the "bars" in my area (rural Colorado): Verizon, no question. (Probably the most important aspect of a phone company.)

Second is customer service and HANDS DOWN, it's Verizon: they're more friendly, more attentive, more giving (retroactive credits, etc.) by a factor of 100 million percent.

I absolutely hated ATT, especially when it took me FIVE HOURS to get a $700 credit to my account for what should have been unlimited minutes to another line on my account but was instead logged as an overage.

Verizon ALL THE WAY.
    03-19-09 09:45 AM
    in my area, verizon is the best service you can get as well..have not had one dropped call and i have excellent service wherever i go..even going through tunnels on the metro in DC, I did not lose any calls..which made me love verizon even more, lol..AT&T seems to be the only worthy contender against verizon, I was contemplating them too before I got with verizon, but a friend of mine has had at&t for quite a while now and her service isn't all that great..she always tells me about all the calls she misses, simply because she can't get any service and they're forwarded to her voicemail..she's tried different phones, tried everything..but still has the same problem (not sure why she stays with them ..but thats beside the point)..so that definitely scared me away from AT&T..as far as the phone selection..i have the curve and can't really complain..i don't plan on buying a new phone once it comes out at full retail price anyways and i love my curve to death..
    03-19-09 11:24 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD