Ok, someone please tell me why I am paying through the nose for Verizon Wireless. I was helping a friend with deciding on a BB, they have Sprint. Sprint currently has a family share plan including 1500 minutes, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7 AND THIS INCLUDES BIS UNLIMITED INTERNET ON TWO BB PHONES all for the low, low price of 129.99. With verizon I currently pay a little less than half that for two BBs (29.99 per month---I get an 18% discount which helps too but still)!!!!! Is it the HIGH QUALITY customer service that makes people NOT run to Sprint???
    10-22-08 04:37 PM
    You get what you pay for. Verizon IMO, has the best coverage, customer support, along with the biggest 3G network. I had Sprint before Verizon and they are way ahead of the game with taking care of their customers...
    10-22-08 04:48 PM
    When I worked in Washington, DC, Sprint had no signal anywhere underground in the Metro system. Verizon had almost full coverage. If Sprint works for you where you live and work, then it might well be a good deal.

Threads like this frequently degenerate into pointless debates and arguments. I'll leave it open as long as the discussion stays on topic and productive.
    10-22-08 04:58 PM
    I used to have Verizon and I loved it. But I when I wanted to get a BB the price I would have had to pay was outrageous! So I compared plans and found the sprint with the simply everything plan was the best value around. I've read storied about sprint cs but honestly I haven't had any issues. But the only time I dealt with them was when I got the phone. I live in chicago and I haven't had any coverage problems with sprint. But then again I didn't have any problems with Verizon. To me it simply came down to me saving money. But deep down inside I really miss my old pager! It cost 15/year and I knew everyones number! Now I pay about 80/month and I know about 3 numbers from memorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 05:14 PM
    Sprint now has free roaming so u roam off Verizon in the subways. Sprint is the best to me. Price and service. The roaming did it for me.
    WCM

10-22-08 05:25 PM
    I use my BB for business and the number one criteria for me is reception and in my area Verizon wins hands down. I did not even price shop elsewhere. My situation is a bit unique in that I am often needing reception in tough conditions such as nuclear areas and etc. If Sprint provides good coverage for you in your area than **** ya save the cash and get GPS as well.
    10-22-08 05:37 PM
    Sprint sucks here in pa. Vzw is the best all around. Like people say, u get what u pay for. If u pay 99 for unltd everything that may sound all well and good but its gonna cost u in the long run by a lack in coverage, a cust service problem, or something silly then ur gonna wonder why u just didn't stay with the best.

10-23-08 01:47 PM
    I would not trade my Verizon BB for anything under the sun. I have had the best experience with Verizon. Plus the prices got alot better when i switched from Sprint. With Sprint my bills no matter what i did stayed about the same as my house payment even after switching over to the unlimited plan. When i switched to verizon my bill has been normal with no problems what so ever. I like both companies but i wish one of them would fix their pricing and Billing dept!
    10-23-08 01:48 PM
    I live in PA and I've had a Verizon cell phone for 10 years now, they've never let me down. Outside a couple of dead zones that I can count on one hand (Which involve usually going under bridges) in all my travels I've always had a signal.
    10-23-08 02:22 PM
    Cell Phone Providers Review 2008 - TopTenREVIEWS

this might help you out, i prefer verizon personally. just because ive been with them so long and ive never had any problems, ive never had to send away a phone for repairs always offer to replace it right there in the store for free even if out of warranty, just good people to work with and i like the way they do business even if you have to pay that extra premium, i have no experience with Sprint but all i know is that sprint is bleeding customers out of the nose apparently and they are starting a whole new campaign to try and get there customers to come back. but along with this new campaign there definatly making some cutbacks to offset certain profits/losses so you'll probably experience some negatives with sprint but its all whats right for you.
    10-23-08 03:07 PM
    Is there even a comparison?? VZW all the way!!
    10-23-08 03:26 PM
    I use to have sprint and now have Verizon. With 2 regular phones we paid over $120 a month with Verizon and 1 BB we pay $85 with my husbands discount. Before we could use our phones everywhere in our house. Now I can talk or be online in every room of our house. Hands down Verizon is the carrier for us.

10-23-08 03:43 PM
    Having worked with Sprint, I can tell you those few bucks you save are made up in the customer service department. The CS employees there are usually grumpy, moody, and overall not the type of people who should be helping customers. As an employee, even I would get trashed around by CS at Sprint. It is a constant complaint, and the reason why Sprint has been on the downhill as of late.

As for VZW, Ive yet to hear a complaint.

You get what you pay for.
    10-25-08 07:18 PM
    You posted this in the Verizon forum, so of course your going to get bias toward verizon.....

Fact is:
    - Sprint simply everything is one of the best all inclusive plans around.
    - You can go by general statements of "Sprint Sucks in PA" when fact is Sprint performs just as well as Vzw along the PA interstates as well as in Philly, Harrisburg and Pitt.
    - Verizon for all of what they charge is really NOT the most reliable...Should VZW go down in a lot of areas your BB would be useless, at least Sprint does provide free unrestricted Roaming so that as long as there's CDMA coverage you BB will work this includes Verizon's Network.
    -Sprint unlike Verizon doesn't need to cripple every single feature under the sun.
    -Sprint customer service is improving everyday every month, so unless you just had an experience just last week with Sprint CS, you're opinion of the CS is outdated.
    - Sprint is losing subs on the IDen side which skews the numbers greatly.....People are leaving iden bucket loads because its an old tired network that doesn't bring anything new to the table. If you can't grown you'll lose it and that is just what is happening to Iden..

As I said in the beginning, you posted this in the Verizon forums so people are going to have a bias for Verizon for what ever reason, and then there are those that love to hate Sprint for whatever reason, its the popular thing right now...

If you able to switch to Sprint with out hassle, I would do so see if it works out for you, and if it does "Great" you"ll be saving tons over the Behemoths...If not you can go back to Verizon and no love lost. People CS should be taken with a grain of salt, until you've experienced it for yourself.

But the most you save and the services you'll gain, I think Sprint is definitely worth the shot.
    10-25-08 07:45 PM
    Don't know ya'll, sounds to me like you can use either one. I have sprint, which I don't have a problem with, but I'm sure sooner or later I could. But then just talking with with different people, you could have trouble with any of them. So choose your poison. Jake

10-25-08 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD