04-10-09 05:51 PM
136 1234 ...
tools
    you are a joke.

I fairly attempt to highlight that your post is not objective in comparing real world usage, and tossing irrelevant random facts (such as VZ has more customers) does not assist the OP with their problem.

So your response is 80% insult and 20% drivel... please continue with the kindergarten insults.. it certainly doesn't make me look like the moron.

as far as your self important spoutage, funnily enough i no longer need to learn networks... retired at age 40 after making lots of money from guess?.. networks.

And, since you are so into facts.. please explain.. (and at any degree of technicality you like, given i have doctorate).. explain exactly WHY having a stronger signal within 3500ft actually ends up with FASTER data for the customer.. 5 bars vs 4?..

This is not a personal wrestling match dude.. relax and stick to the OPs problem.. if you get worked up and feel the need to insult folks then you have serious life issues.

I might the day Sprint actually runs their own network instead of leaching off of others for the vast majority of their traffic.

Um no, they are not. I see many tower installations where there is colocated equipment for VZW & Sprint. Most of time, within 2500ft, the VZW signal is stronger. Within 3500ft, the VZW signal is MUCH stronger.

Then there is the issue of tower connectivity. 8+% of VZWs towers are connected into the telco backbone by fiber optics and they just signed contracts to expand that to 100% within 5 years. Sprint is at under 0.5% of their network, choosing fiber only when there is no other choice. This includes co-loc towers. So much for the 'Pin Drop" network.

Roaming is nothing when Sprint doesn't have reciprocity with carriers in about 50% of the markets and their soon to be WiMAX reality will take them out of any reciprocity.

A typical Sprint location install uses grade C components, while VZW specifies brand, model & specs - all top flight.

Learn networks before you open your mouth about being identical. I build them for ALL carriers. What is your experience?

Again, see above. I live in an exclusive community that borders the 5th largest city in the United States. I am less than 45 minutes from professional baseball, hockey, football & basketball. The town I live in just blends in with Phoenix & Scottsdale. So waht's the problem? Sprint has no free roaming here. Why do they have no roaming here? Because they have no service reception here. I go out to 'burbs in the SE Valley here & same story. Get off of I-10 or I-40 in NM and same thing. I can take you on a trip easy across this great land of ours & if you're on Sprint, you'll be asking to borrrow my phone a lot. More if you want data.

Did I mention that, in the Prunieville land of Southern California, Sprint runs with HALF the connectivity of either VZW or AT&T? We're not talking about network native towers - we are talking usable towers, whether owned or by agreement.

This might explain why Sprint's call quality rating is at the bottom in CDMA quality tests, reviews and polls.

Still rated at or near the bottom in all major areas. Of course, some customers are more tolerant of service lapses than others.

Here's now NOT to get good customer service. When your American call center staff looks to be serious about a union staff, close the center down like they did in Sacramento, Phoenix, Seattle, Denver & more. When the costs of operating the remaining centers begins to rise, outsource them, mostly to points in Asia.

Sprint is bleeding red ink. Some analysts say they cannot implement upgrades, much less provide full customer service.

Free mobile-tomobile means a lot. Were you unable to read my entire post? Do we need to sit you down and explain it to you on a more elementary (like second grade) level?

I love those who cry fanboy, then cannot back up their claims, while sounding like they might be a homeless soul Sprint paid to come type their drivel. Name me a 'crippled' service?

Interesting, as many people leave Sprint for those exact reasons. Some go to AT&T, while more head to VZW, if their credit allows it. If you stay in your neighborhood and service is good there, fine - as I said, stay where you are at. But don't you think it may be time for your parents to let you cross the street?

Um, no you don't. I pay zero, no matter what network. Mine is paid for by my company, which then gets a write-off for the expenses. Oh, the carriers offer incredible internal engineering discounts on our service, too.

Talk about fanboy - you're so blind you just bopped your head on the monitor trying to read this and fabricate a Sprint-centric comeback.
    04-05-09 11:43 AM
    Questions like this often turn into biased opinions from people on both sides..not saying anything against those people but its true. The best way to decide is to do some research and make the best choice for yourself. Sometimes asking others makes it harder to make a decision.
    04-05-09 01:04 PM
    you are a joke.
    I crack a lot of jokes - unfortunately, you're not one of them. 40+, retired, with a doctorate does not use kidiot terms like "bwah ha ha" or "dude." You sound more like a 16 year old with an axe to grind. Coupled with zero backup (and less credibility) to your argument tells me you're not only the joke here, you're a dope.

Want an insult? Your words are an insult to intelligent life anywhere.

Go back to the Sprint fanboy forums - they are heavily populated by 16 year-old kidiots like yourself. After all, that is the core Sprint demographic.
    Questions like this often turn into biased opinions from people on both sides..not saying anything against those people but its true. The best way to decide is to do some research and make the best choice for yourself. Sometimes asking others makes it harder to make a decision.
    Very true. And coming to a carrier-specific forum, one would expect carrier-specific advantages to be pointed out. People, like the dope above you, can't seem to figure this out.

If one wants objective discussion on carriers, they don't go to a carrier-specific forum. I can go to Sprint or AT&T or T-Mobile forums to see anti-VZW or anti-USCellular comments - and the mature soul would expect that.

Unfortunately, we have our share of childish troublemakers who relish making comments in forums surrounding carriers they don't like.
    If one wants Sprint rah-rah, you go to the Sprint forums. You don't go to another carrier's forum. That's about as stupid as asking a Mustang owner group about Camaros.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 01:33 PM
    As far as coverage / Strength this may be a little disappointing for V customer to face
    Gizmodo - The Definitive Coast-to-Coast 3G Data Test - 3G

OP
    As seen is Gizmodo test above V is a little over rated

Sprint has the best rate plans and doesn't cripple their device line up like V does...GPS for example.

BB Rom update are slow with Sprint yet more stable ,Many BB V customers are packing Sprints 131 on their device ,I guess they didn't like their rom speaker blast issue

Yes..Sprint customer service inst the best yet its much improved so their argument is just about worn out.

PS
    Sprint bumping off V towers...so what lol , I want to thank V customers for paying for it
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-05-09 at 02:40 PM.
    04-05-09 02:12 PM
    As far as coverage / Strength this may be a little disappointing for V customer to face

OP
    As seen is Gizmodo test above V is a little over rated

Sprint has the best rate plans and doesn't cripple their device line up like V does...GPS for example.

BB Rom update are slow with Sprint yet more stable ,Many BB V customers are packing Sprints 131 on their device ,I guess they didn't like their rom speaker blast issue

Yes..Sprint customer service inst the best yet its much improved so their argument is just about worn out.

PS
    Sprint bumping off V towers...so what lol , I want to thank V customers for paying for it
    You might want to do a search for how objective & accurate Gizmodo is. They are right in there with BGR, if not below.

Their testing methodology is flawed & relies on a lot of subjective feeling, rather than anything verifiable.

And, last I heard, over 70% of VZW towers in rural areas, and 35% in metro areas do not have reciprocity with Sprint. Plus LTE will effectively make that 0%

04-05-09 02:49 PM
    You might want to do a search for how objective & accurate Gizmodo is. They are right in there with BGR, if not below.

Their testing methodology is flawed & relies on a lot of subjective feeling, rather than anything verifiable.

And, last I heard, over 70% of VZW towers in rural areas, and 35% in metro areas do not have reciprocity with Sprint. Plus LTE will effectively make that 0%

hehe so basically giz is lieing..I will trust you then
    Their testing seems pretty well explained..more then any either test ive come across online.

Slow down buddy ,LTE wont be fully implemented for 3 years V / ATT.
    Sprint will have 80% wimax coverage by 1st Q 2010..Im sure you know with that converge comes more Sprint Towers so the V bump wont be there.
    Now before you start jumping up & down that LTE is better..I agree but what your missing is Sprints upgrading wimax hardware to LTE 4 years...A pretty simple upgrade of equipment so they say.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-05-09 at 04:10 PM.
    04-05-09 03:08 PM
    i guess you missed this bit?

"if you get worked up and feel the need to insult folks then you have serious life issues."

As a good Christian, you have my pity. Displaced anger such as yours needs a heathier outlet than anonymously hiding behind a keyboard playing at being the big (know all) man in town... get a real life

I crack a lot of jokes - unfortunately, you're not one of them. 40+, retired, with a doctorate does not use kidiot terms like "bwah ha ha" or "dude." You sound more like a 16 year old with an axe to grind. Coupled with zero backup (and less credibility) to your argument tells me you're not only the joke here, you're a dope.

Want an insult? Your words are an insult to intelligent life anywhere.

Go back to the Sprint fanboy forums - they are heavily populated by 16 year-old kidiots like yourself. After all, that is the core Sprint demographic.

Very true. And coming to a carrier-specific forum, one would expect carrier-specific advantages to be pointed out. People, like the dope above you, can't seem to figure this out.

If one wants objective discussion on carriers, they don't go to a carrier-specific forum. I can go to Sprint or AT&T or T-Mobile forums to see anti-VZW or anti-USCellular comments - and the mature soul would expect that.

Unfortunately, we have our share of childish troublemakers who relish making comments in forums surrounding carriers they don't like.
    If one wants Sprint rah-rah, you go to the Sprint forums. You don't go to another carrier's forum. That's about as stupid as asking a Mustang owner group about Camaros.

04-05-09 03:28 PM

"if you get worked up and feel the need to insult folks then you have serious life issues."

As a good Christian, you have my pity. Displaced anger such as yours needs a heathier outlet than anonymously hiding behind a keyboard playing at being the big (know all) man in town... get a real life
    Yeah his post on this subject was way off base f,sure.

The rag on Sprint CS and coverage is worn out ,Both carries are equal.
    Sprints dump of TV live feeds of the exception of one from Sprint TV basic , lack of truth in buzz forums and delayed device release really pis*es me off!!.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-05-09 at 04:00 PM.
    04-05-09 03:47 PM
    Slow down their buddy ,LTE wont be fully implemented for 3 years V / ATT.
    Sprint will have 80% wimax coverage by 1st Q 2010..Im sure you know with that converge comes more Sprint Towers so the V bump wont be their.
    Now before you start jumping up in down that LTE is better..I agree but what your missing is that Sprints upgrading wimax hardware to LTE 4 years...A pretty simple upgrade of equipment so they say.
    Actually, not a simple upgrade. While the two are reputed to work similarly, it is a completely different radio technology and would require different electronics.

Sprint partnered with Clearwire, a partnership that can be dissolved by either side. That said, Clearwire's rollout schedule is fairly aggressive, but the financial analysts doubt there is the capital available to see it through. Much will depend on Sprint's liquidity, which if shaky, may see the two companies split & become competitors.

Now, with all of that, your 80% figure has been widely published. What a lot of people are missing though, is that number applies to the current proprietary Sprint network coverage area and not roaming agreements.

When Sprint originally committed to WiMAX, there was a widespread belief that all CDMA carriers would go WiMAX. Instead, they are now left with their committment alone.

Talks are ongoing between VZW & US Cellular about a buyout, as USC cannot afford a conversion right now. VZW will support both LTE & CDMA for the short-term, but like the AMPS to CDMA conversion, it will not be forever.

And, when you look at the real rollout schedules, yes, LTE will take about 3 years on VZW, but metro areas are closer to end of 2010. Major routes will follow, then remote rural areas. After that, full nationwide coverage should be realized in about 5 years. In other words, no more roaming and no more Extended Network. Nationwide 4G coverage, coupled with base station broadband of up to 60mbps will be a good thing.

There will be supporters of both, like there are Mac fans & Windows guys. Both will be light-years ahead of GSM. Personally, I think WiMAX will be like Mac & LTE will be like Windows. If you want to do more, you get Windows. I am in the Windows camp. LTE promises more versatility, more coverage and better overall reliability - admittedly, this is a promise & not yet a reality. Overall though, I would be much more comfortable with the financial strength of VZW (or even AT&T) than I would with Sprint.

One other thing of note - the WiMAX rollout is still being looked at laid over a copper infrastucture, while LTE is going to be fiber.

I didn't miss it at all - but your kind seems to think it is okay to hurl insults, then throw out roadblocks to responses in kind. Rather childish, as your other statements prove.

04-05-09 04:07 PM
    Actually, not a simple upgrade. While the two are reputed to work similarly, it is a completely different radio technology and would require different electronics.

Sprint partnered with Clearwire, a partnership that can be dissolved by either side. That said, Clearwire's rollout schedule is fairly aggressive, but the financial analysts doubt there is the capital available to see it through. Much will depend on Sprint's liquidity, which if shaky, may see the two companies split & become competitors.

Now, with all of that, your 80% figure has been widely published. What a lot of people are missing though, is that number applies to the current proprietary Sprint network coverage area and not roaming agreements.

When Sprint originally committed to WiMAX, there was a widespread belief that all CDMA carriers would go WiMAX. Instead, they are now left with their committment alone.

Talks are ongoing between VZW & US Cellular about a buyout, as USC cannot afford a conversion right now. VZW will support both LTE & CDMA for the short-term, but like the AMPS to CDMA conversion, it will not be forever.

And, when you look at the real rollout schedules, yes, LTE will take about 3 years on VZW, but metro areas are closer to end of 2010. Major routes will follow, then remote rural areas. After that, full nationwide coverage should be realized in about 5 years. In other words, no more roaming and no more Extended Network. Nationwide 4G coverage, coupled with base station broadband of up to 60mbps will be a good thing.

There will be supporters of both, like there are Mac fans & Windows guys. Both will be light-years ahead of GSM. Personally, I think WiMAX will be like Mac & LTE will be like Windows. If you want to do more, you get Windows. I am in the Windows camp. LTE promises more versatility, more coverage and better overall reliability - admittedly, this is a promise & not yet a reality. Overall though, I would be much more comfortable with the financial strength of VZW (or even AT&T) than I would with Sprint.

One other thing of note - the WiMAX rollout is still being looked at laid over a copper infrastucture, while LTE is going to be fiber.

I didn't miss it at all - but your kind seems to think it is okay to hurl insults, then throw out roadblocks to responses in kind. Rather childish, as your other statements prove.

Yawn ,I was responding to your points but pulled back ,its just a wast of time.
    Your doom forecast for Sprint isn't reality.Your stretching truth coming up with any negative scenario you can drum up.
    If that's what makes you feel good being a V customer so be it ,I will not take that away from you ,keep living in dream land.

For those not sure which carrier to go with please do your own research ,Twinx2dad is way off base as you will see.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-05-09 at 04:39 PM.
    04-05-09 04:31 PM
    Yawn ,I was responding to your points but pulled back ,its just a wast of time.
    Your doom forecast for Sprint isn't reality.Your stretching truth coming up with any negative scenario you can drum up.
    If that's what makes you feel good being a V customer so be it ,I will not take that away from you ,keep living in dream land.

For those not sure which carrier to go with please do your own research ,Twinx2dad is way off base as you will see.
    Care to ever try backing up your statements, or is that above your intelligence level?

The net worth of Sprint is below that of either USCell or MetroPCS. Do your math, then do your research - then return with some facts. Otherwise, your words are worthless tripe and your presence proves there are those who only know how to start trouble, rather than provide any intelligent or usable information.

04-05-09 04:45 PM
    Care to ever try backing up your statements, or is that above your intelligence level?

The net worth of Sprint is below that of either USCell or MetroPCS. Do your math, then do your research - then return with some facts. Otherwise, your words are worthless tripe and your presence proves there are those who only know how to start trouble, rather than provide any intelligent or usable information.

Your a peace of work lol
    You keep coming up with your Sprint doom and gloom and I will post links to those that know what there talking about
    NewsFactor Network | Sprint Will Take WiMAX Service To 10 More U.S. Cities

Either then that try to stop handing out insults..you look very foolish doing so.
    04-05-09 04:53 PM
    Your a peace of work lol
    You keep coming up with your Sprint doom and gloom and I will post links to those that know what there talking about

Either then that try to stop handing out insults..you look very foolish doing so.
    You can spread WI-MAX to another 1000 Cities, if people do not buy what good is it. Also, While everyone is going to LTE and Sprint has WIMAX, how good will coverage be?
    04-05-09 04:59 PM
    You can spread WI-MAX to another 1000 Cities, if people do not buy what good is it. Also, While everyone is going to LTE and Sprint has WIMAX, how good will coverage be?
    Well it seems Comcast and intel have bought it and have a big customer base wouldn't you agree. News factor link I posted above spells that out.
    04-05-09 05:04 PM
    Since its now clear i am not the only sub-human gibbering ***** to post in this thread and be immediately insulted I can only conclude that this fanboy has a certain strategy.....
    lol, i mean, why bother with sensible and rational discussion when you can simply berate, redicule and insult anyone who disagrees with you until they give up?...

lol, I really have not seen someone drive themselves into apoplexy like this...its really sad and hopefully this person is not actually the father of twins as i would fear for their upbringing (and safety)....

regards (and exit stage left)

Your a peace of work lol

04-05-09 05:07 PM
    I sadly suffered as a customer of NEXTEL for 3 years. 3 years of my life I want back. Their service is awful, their customer service rather rude, and capabilities (other than the 2 way) were atrocious.

Of course the Sprint employee is going to defend them, however I don't see why. I ran away from Sprint to Verizon.

By far the best decision I ever made.

I've been with Verizon now as long as I was with Sprint (3 years), and I'm never leaving. Verizon is simply amazing. Great coverage, great capabilities, and most of all, GREAT customer service.
    04-05-09 05:12 PM
    Here is the one major diffrence between both carriers phones. The Network. Period. Verizon hands down has the most solid network out there. Now I compare this to Sprint, At&t and T-Mobile. Im in TN right now staying with my parents untill Tuesday. I live in NJ. Up and down the east coast from NJ to FL the reception and quality with Verizon was hands down the best. My mother, father and sister all own Sprint phones. There network doesnt stand a chance with reception plus call quality compared to Verizon. Im not saying there better then sprint everywhere. But years and years has proven me the quality in my area, that Verizon was the best hands down. And I own a T-Mobile curve 8900. That service is equel to sprint from what Ive noticed so far. And the only reason why Im on T-Mobile with a flex monthly plan, is because the Curve 8900 was only offered through them, and I had to have it lol. So definatly look into it, and always remember....................if the networks quality is crap, it dont matter if the phone is platinum. The phone is useless if the network isnt that great. So look more into it before you decide. Thats just my personal expierence.
    Last edited by Terrigno; 04-05-09 at 05:26 PM.
    04-05-09 05:24 PM
    I sadly suffered as a customer of NEXTEL for 3 years. 3 years of my life I want back. Their service is awful, their customer service rather rude, and capabilities (other than the 2 way) were atrocious.
    Yeah when Sprint bought nextel they tore it up.

Of course the Sprint employee is going to defend them, however I don't see why. I ran away from Sprint to Verizon.
    No sprint employee here lol I couldnt handel it lol

By far the best decision I ever made.
    All carries have pro and cons , There are many coming from V and ATT loving Sprint.

I've been with Verizon now as long as I was with Sprint (3 years), and I'm never leaving. Verizon is simply amazing. Great coverage, great capabilities, and most of all, GREAT customer service.
    Great customer service for some , not for ether's,My sis has been with them 2 years receiving billing mess ups and hard time getting device replacement.
    Example
    Shes 8 months pregnant , V refused to send replacement Curve in mail , She spent over 2 hours on phone begging CS to mail replacement so she didn't have to drive to V store.
    The good news is they sent in mail
    My Parents are on V as well ,They drop calls left and right with not so good call quality...They wont drop V because home phone package deal.

Bottom line is both carries have faults in coverage areas but as Gizmodo test shows Sprint is in good shape ,for those that want to dismiss test so be it..but if you wouldnt mind posting another detailed test showing them wrong.hehe no Verizon test or blogs please lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-05-09 at 06:30 PM.
    04-05-09 05:25 PM
    Exactly - WiMAX is a computer technology adapted to telephones. Of course Intel will do it. Comcast is nothing to write home about, especially with their VoIP connectivity issues.

Now, why do we see a single quote from a news aggregator site, the quote itself just a blurb excerpted from a Sprint press release available on the Sprint/Nextel site?

Gee, 10 whole cities running souped up WiFi, with all of its inherent security issues.

I asked for backing on what the two of these clowns keep spewing and all we get is a Sprint PR regurgitation.

There is a demographic difference between VZW & Sprint customers besides age & financial liquidity. VZW customers want quality over quantity & Sprint customers want quantity over quality. Then, as the poor guy driving the dilapidated Escort while his friends own BMWs & Cadillacs, the poor guy rationalizes, whines & tries to discredit the selection of the nicer cars as stupidity - people too dumb to realize they paid too much.

In the end, the BMW guy gets the service, while the Escort guy rationalizes how well EconoLube treated him at oil-change time.

04-05-09 05:39 PM
    Exactly - WiMAX is a computer technology adapted to telephones. Of course Intel will do it. Comcast is nothing to write home about, especially with their VoIP connectivity issues.

Now, why do we see a single quote from a news aggregator site, the quote itself just a blurb excerpted from a Sprint press release available on the Sprint/Nextel site?

Gee, 10 whole cities running souped up WiFi, with all of its inherent security issues.

I asked for backing on what the two of these clowns keep spewing and all we get is a Sprint Page Ranking regurgitation.

There is a demographic difference between VZW & Sprint customers besides age & financial liquidity. VZW customers want quality over quantity & Sprint customers want quantity over quality. Then, as the poor guy driving the dilapidated Escort while his friends own BMWs & Cadillacs, the poor guy rationalizes, whines & tries to discredit the selection of the nicer cars as stupidity - people too dumb to realize they paid too much.

In the end, the BMW guy gets the service, while the Escort guy rationalizes how well EconoLube treated him at oil-change time.

hehe putting Sprint customers in Escort category lol
    You my friend are a fan boy trying to justify your overpriced monthly bill with crippled device-locked gps and pathetic rom update-Speaker blast..

I'm getting great coverage and CS as you so were even on those points

Do you like your crippled device?
    Do you think V rom release is better then 131?

If so your BMW has flat tire and needs oil change...heck new engine
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-05-09 at 06:13 PM.
    04-05-09 06:00 PM
    hehe putting Sprint customers in Escort category lol
    You my friend are a fan boy trying to justify your overpriced monthly bill with crippled device-locked gps and pathetic rom update-Speaker blast..

Again, the tiny minds claiming the device is crippled, but they never can back it up.

By the way, chump. I get better rates than employees do - at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and VZW. That means I am paying less than you do.

And, for the record, you probably couldn't make the down payment on the last BMW I bought, nor that of the latest Chevrolet in my garage.

There is a difference between ribeye & round steak, no matter what you say.

I do have an easily verifiable question for you, though. If Sprint was such a great decision, why is it that never in Sprint's history have they ever had more than 10% of the market share VZW had? You can go back ten years, before the Alltel & Qwest buyouts - you can even look at the Airtouch days.. And Sprint has always been small in comparison.

Walmart succeeded not because of low prices. They got where they are because customers perceived greater value than they got at K-Mart or Sears or Montgomery Ward. While they've lost any reputation for quality recently, people originally flocked there because they got what they thought was better value. There is no similar perception of value with Sprint. Cheap without quality is what you get there.

Investors wanted Sprint to go after Alltel - but Sprint didn't have the capital to do it. Now, an upgrade to WiMAX coverage equal to half of the LTE coverage VZW has scheduled would cost roughly three times the short-term acquisition costs of Alltel. VZW swallowed Alltel without so much as a hiccup - it was essentially an unfinanced transaction. Sprint was unable to secure financing for even a merger with Alltel - an outright buyout was completely out of the question.

My prediction is the Sprint brand will cease to exist within the next 5 years. Clearwire will buy them out with Virgin/Helio backing. Then Virgin will swallow Clearwire. At that point, there will be some quailty from the ashes of Sprint.

04-05-09 06:44 PM
    Again, the tiny minds claiming the device is crippled, but they never can back it up.
    Dude your GPS is locked lol..thats crippled.

By the way, chump. I get better rates than employees do - at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and VZW. That means I am paying less than you do.
    No need for the name "Chump"
    Now you've been preaching how its worth paying more with V putting Sprint customers in Escort driver category and your bragging about paying less then me because you get discounts .
    hmm You fail

And, for the record, you probably couldn't make the down payment on the last BMW I bought, nor that of the latest Chevrolet in my garage.
    Im not a fan of BMW or GM ,I own a couple 4-runners...what this has to do with thread..I have no clue.
    hehe but I do have pic of my Toy in off topic

There is a difference between ribeye & round steak, no matter what you say.
    your post is getting weaker

I do have an easily verifiable question for you, though. If Sprint was such a great decision, why is it that never in Sprint's history have they ever had more than 10% of the market share VZW had? You can go back ten years, before the Alltel & Qwest buyouts - you can even look at the Airtouch days.. And Sprint has always been small in comparison.
    Sprint has history of the worse CS screwing up billing.Its marketing clearly sucks..that stupid samsung touch screen phone would be perfect example... pre is next in line , I feel that will be failure as well.
    V gots a good setup going..my parents are perfect example.They have cell service Internet /home phone in package deal so they wont drop cell.I'm sure there are more then a few V customers in same boat.

Walmart succeeded not because of low prices. They got where they are because customers perceived greater value than they got at K-Mart or Sears or Montgomery Ward. While they've lost any reputation for quality recently, people originally flocked there because they got what they thought was better value. There is no similar perception of value with Sprint. Cheap without quality is what you get there.
    You keep going back to quality ,Sprint has greatly improved quilty equal to V
    Sprint trying to shake off a bad history..its going to take a few more years f,sure...they will have different name by then.

Investors wanted Sprint to go after Alltel - but Sprint didn't have the capital to do it. Now, an upgrade to WiMAX coverage equal to half of the LTE coverage VZW has scheduled would cost roughly three times the short-term acquisition costs of Alltel. VZW swallowed Alltel without so much as a hiccup - it was essentially an unfinanced transaction. Sprint was unable to secure financing for even a merger with Alltel - an outright buyout was completely out of the question.
    Who cares.

My prediction is the Sprint brand will cease to exist within the next 5 years. Clearwire will buy them out with Virgin/Helio backing. Then Virgin will swallow Clearwire. At that point, there will be some quailty from the ashes of Sprint.

Sprint owns 52% Clearwire so get that straight.

My prediction,
    Sprint will change their name 1st Q 2010 to Clearwire starting form scratch shaking off bad history ,another Carrier will merge into Clearwire..I'm not going into that ,you will start spewing more nonsense.

Now back to my Original question,,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Slingbox; 04-05-09 at 07:58 PM.
    04-05-09 07:18 PM
    I crack a lot of jokes - unfortunately, you're not one of them. 40+...

...Go back to the Sprint fanboy forums - they are heavily populated by 16 year-old kidiots like yourself. After all, that is the core Sprint demographic.

Maybe I don't understand because I am new here, but I thought the poster was asking about Sprint OR Verizon, so forgive me if I'm posting on the wrong board, but I AM 40+, in fact I'm 50+ and I have an 8330 curve with Sprint and I'm very happy with both.

I chose Sprint over Verizon when my previous carrier merged with Verizon and I preferred Sprint's services, pricing and phones over Verizon's.

This is my opinion, as "uneducated" as it may be, but I believe that is what the OP was asking for - opinions, not arguments.

I realize you are trying to insult this person to whom you have responded, but upon doing so, you have insulted me, and I do NOT appreciate it!!
    04-05-09 07:20 PM
    Sprint customers pay a lower monthly bill for great coverage and high speed data. Verizon customers pay more, but get CDMA RIM devices first.
    04-05-09 07:33 PM
    I find it interesting that a a Sprint user started this whole thing in the VZW forum. Interesting huh? Bottom line it what ever you are happy with.

PS. I think this forum is about to crash and burn. I think it will be lock and removed.
    04-05-09 07:37 PM
136 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD