I just switched from ATT to Verizon. (Endured marginal reception at my house with ATT that was improved through Verizon). I had several Blackberrys thru my company under ATT including at least two Curve 8330's. My Verizon phone is the same Curve model.
    My data/voice usage has not changed but the Verizon battery life if markedly worse that what I experienced with ATT. With ATT I could sometimes go a couple of days between charges and easily on the weekends. With Verizon, I have to charge every day including weekends. I am outside sales and will have the phone on the charger until I leave the house in the morning. I have had at least one occasion where I was concerned that I might not make it past mid afternoon without taking it to my car for a charge.
    What is causing the difference in battery life between the two carriers? Is the Verizon network just a power hog?
    12-13-09 12:55 PM
    CDMA Technology is power hungry from my understanding. Compared to GSM
    12-13-09 01:06 PM
    No kidding! Thanks for the reply. That is what I suspected.
    12-13-09 01:10 PM
    You may be able to change soem setting sin the curve to improve the battery life.

Set it to 1XEV only, and also change the network selection from Automatic, to Home Only. I did that with my Storm 2 and it improved battery life significantly.
    12-13-09 01:20 PM
    Here is my suggestion, to avoid AT&T's crappy network. Buy an extra battery off of ebay, I paid like $8 for mine and that gives me an extra 4 hours, its small and I just carry it in my pocket.
    12-13-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD