I have 8830 with Verizon - can you delete a voicemail message without listening to the entire message? Can you jump ahead (or back) while listening to a voicemail message??
    thnx
    01-10-08 07:36 PM
    77 twice as you listen to it. You can also hit 1 repetatively once you're past the password to get the stupid woman to stop speaking and for the voicemail to just play. BTW, if you enter your password in the Voicemail setup in the BB add a # after the password. It speeds things along.
    01-10-08 07:43 PM
    7 erases the message in the middle...

pound "#" key skips to next message..

-db

first cell phone?
    01-10-08 07:51 PM
    Anyone know how to get rid of those annoying voice mail instructions after your greeting ?

Really... who doesn't know how to leave message. Very Annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-08 12:11 AM
    If you have a ATT/Cingular phone you can tell your caller to press "#" whenever your recorded greeting starts. For Verizon you can tell your caller to press "5". I am not sure for Sprint.
    01-11-08 12:29 AM
    If you have a ATT/Cingular phone you can tell your caller to press "#" whenever your recorded greeting starts. For Verizon you can tell your caller to press "5". I am not sure for Sprint.
    Sprint is a "1".

Now that we know all the shortcuts, is there a way to just have that turned off?
    01-28-09 11:47 AM
    Anyone know how to get rid of those annoying voice mail instructions after your greeting ?

Really... who doesn't know how to leave message. Very Annoying

Go to YouMail ) Voicemail You Love - very nifty stuff. it's a voice mail carrier that replaces your verizon voice mail - free, no mundane instructions for callers, customized greetings per contact (really), visual voice mail, voice to text transcripts, picture ID with voice message, inbox is virtually unlimited and did I mention FREE.

I feel like a cheerleader for youmail, they are by far an awesome company. I wish everyone was on it - they are amazing.
    01-28-09 06:11 PM
    Anyone else try the youmail service? After watching the tour, I'm surprised people aren't raving about how awesome this is - kinda makes me wonder what's up. Any/all info on the service is appreciated.
    01-31-09 08:49 PM
    I tried it and just didn't find it all that helpful. But I'll say this in their favor: they uninstall as easily and cleanly as they install. No hassle, no residual problems. So there's really no risk in trying it.
    01-31-09 09:01 PM
    My only complaint is that the voice mail playback is too low. I can barely hear my messages.

02-01-09 11:12 AM
    I never have a problem with the volume on voicemail playback, but that's just on my phone.
    02-01-09 11:18 AM
    You Mail seems ot have a very good set of options and with it being free it may be okay for some.
    I personaly tried it and closed the account as it was very difficlut to hear the system message as well as the now or old voice mail messages.

If they can corect the sound problems then it would be a good service, but untill then i would give it a miss.
    02-02-09 11:38 AM
    Only reason I got rid of youmail was because of the call forwarding thing. People like to leave me long winded messages, and that ate up my cell minutes.
    02-02-09 12:42 PM
    I have been using YouMail for a while now, and really like it.

• Setup is easy: sign up for the service, then set up VZW (or other carrier specific) no-answer forward from your BB.
    • Custom greetings are a nice touch: Friends and family get a casual greeting, business and unknown callers get something more formal.
    • Messages e-mailed to me as attachments saves me from using minutes to play them and lets me to archive them in my email account.
    • Joe Krill's VyMail app for BB turns YouMail into visual voicemail. Browse, play, delete messages right from the BB screen without ever placing a call.
    • Dial-in number to retrieve messages in case I'm ever w/o data service (gasp!).
    • I don't have enough need for the transcriptions that I pay for them, but when they were free, they were a convenient for checking voice messages as quickly as text messages.
    02-03-09 01:27 AM
    I have been using YouMail for a while now, and really like it.

• Setup is easy: sign up for the service, then set up VZW (or other carrier specific) no-answer forward from your BB.
    • Custom greetings are a nice touch: Friends and family get a casual greeting, business and unknown callers get something more formal.
    • Messages e-mailed to me as attachments saves me from using minutes to play them and lets me to archive them in my email account.
    • Joe Krill's VyMail app for BB turns YouMail into visual voicemail. Browse, play, delete messages right from the BB screen without ever placing a call.
    • Dial-in number to retrieve messages in case I'm ever w/o data service (gasp!).
    • I don't have enough need for the transcriptions that I pay for them, but when they were free, they were a convenient for checking voice messages as quickly as text messages.
    Agreed with all of your opinions. Especially, the transcription thing. it's silly and inaccurate. I have no real need for this.
    02-03-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD