Has anyone heard any rumors about Verizon's virtual announcement on Thursday? Is there going to be a web address to watch it on?
    10-12-10 06:12 AM
    No idea, haven't heard anything.
    10-12-10 06:49 AM
    Just Google it!

BlackBerry 6 Invite for October 14: Will you attend?
    By Stephanie Scala on Fri Oct 8th, 2010 2 Comments

Worth Reading?
    NoYes

+1 [1 votes]

Who doesnt like to party (even if its virtual), especially when BlackBerrys the host. As recent reports have leaked the BlackBerry 6 OS wasnt supposed to available until 2011, but looks like they decided to throw an interactive launch party a lot earlier than that!

BalckBerry 6 414x500A Verizon source leaked this piece of information regarding Verizon Wireless and BlackBerry 6. The company is going to be hosting an interactive launch party for the BlackBerry 6 OS on October 14. An interactive launch makes us a little leery that the actual software may not be available, but at the very least we can be sure to expect a BlackBerry 6 launch in the near future!

[via Boy Genius Report]
    10-12-10 09:15 AM
    That's kind of funny. Blackberry "reps" were at our regional headquarters yesterday. They just think that 6.0 is the greatest thing in the world. It does seem smooth and the web browsing is great, but Blackberry needs to step it up with the product they send to Verizon. I was able to get one of the "reps" to slip and say there will be a launch of the Playbook tablet during Superbowl Sunday.
    10-12-10 10:58 AM
    I was able to get one of the "reps" to slip and say there will be a launch of the Playbook tablet during Superbowl Sunday.
    February 6 would be fine by me.
    10-12-10 11:12 AM
    I guess Verizon is planning on shocking the tech world by showing off an OS that's been out for almost two months now. Yipee.
    10-12-10 11:36 AM
    I guess Verizon is planning on shocking the tech world by showing off an OS that's been out for almost two months now. Yipee.

Lmfao! Well said and very true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 04:01 AM
    The announcement was about the 4g coverage. By end of year what cities it will be in
    10-14-10 01:22 PM
    You have got to be kidding! That is not what the announcement said. It was supposed to be about os 6! 4G is old news.

10-14-10 01:34 PM
    What happen to the BlackBerry 6 announcement from Verizon?
    10-14-10 03:04 PM
    The announcement was about the 4g coverage. By end of year what cities it will be in
    Where did you hear this? I haven't seen any news about the announcement today.
    10-14-10 03:41 PM
    Where did you hear this? I haven't seen any news about the announcement today.
    Here ya go
    10-14-10 04:37 PM
    Here ya go
    No, I mean where did he hear that it was only about the 4G network. I knew there was supposed to be an announcement today, but I wanted to know how/where he found that information.
    10-14-10 05:14 PM
    The 4G announcement happened a week or 2 ago. Its old news as someone already said. My guess is BGR put out another false story.

10-14-10 05:56 PM
    The 4G announcement happened a week or 2 ago. Its old news as someone already said. My guess is BGR put out another false story.

BGR has gone from a legitimate site that used to break lots of stories to what now amounts to an Apple Fanboi site

10-14-10 05:58 PM
    Anytime BGR uses the words "Our sources tell us". Then you can completely disregard it. I would almost bet money that Verizon doesn't actually release OS6 until after the Droid Pro comes out. The don't make money off OS6, they do if BB users who don't know about it switch to a new phone. Remember, the mass users of BB's, don't frequent a site like CB.

10-14-10 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD