12-21-09 09:53 AM
38 12
tools
    now i assume after reading that i was not enrolled because my plan alltogether even after discounts is over 80 dollars. not just my voice plan.

bumout.
    check to see if you qualify through being a my verizon account holder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 12:51 PM
    check to see if you qualify through being a my verizon account holder.

If you qualify, does it show somewhere on My Verizon? Or would you have to speak to a Verizon rep to find out?
    10-16-08 01:22 PM
    If you qualify, does it show somewhere on My Verizon? Or would you have to speak to a Verizon rep to find out?
    Unfortunately the only date that will show on your my verizon account is your NE2 date. You would have to call them and ask. If you are signed up online though and you know your NE2 date just subtract 8 months from that and that would be the date that you would have an annual upgrade.

10-16-08 01:34 PM
    now i assume after reading that i was not enrolled because my plan alltogether even after discounts is over 80 dollars. not just my voice plan.

bumout.
    How much is your voiceplan? From Verizon's Website:

What is the My Verizon Advantage?

Customers who register as the Account Owner in My Verizon get the added benefits of the My Verizon Advantage:
    • You’ll receive a waiver of the monthly subscription fee for Backup Assistant so you never have to worry about losing your phone’s contact list. Backup Assistant will let you automatically retain a copy of your saved phone numbers to a secure website, so they’re available if you lose or upgrade your phone. All lines on your account receive this waiver when the Account Owner is registered.

• You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

• If you're using more minutes than your calling plan includes, we’ll let you know with Minute Check. Minute Check will periodically notify you through My Verizon if you are exceeding your plan allowance and let you know of other calling plan options that may save you money.

Basically, if you have the base 450 minute, 39.99 plan....you don't qualify. It's at least $49.99 voice to qualify for Annual Upgrade, 79.99 voice to qualify for VIP Annual upgrade.
    Last edited by mm_style; 10-16-08 at 02:05 PM.
    10-16-08 01:50 PM
    I have the vip but never got a card for it.
    10-16-08 01:59 PM
    I still haven't gotten my card for '08.. No biggie bc the notation is on my account but I was scared I didn't have it anymore. I'm eligible for my upgrade, now if only that storm would come a little faster...
    10-16-08 02:09 PM
    same here, I called and asked.
    10-16-08 02:12 PM
    I suppose I'm just going to have to call and find out if I do have this. I do only have the 450 minute plan, but with unlimited text, pics, unlimited kilobyte usage it's over $80.00. bleh. what can ya do.
    10-16-08 03:14 PM
    VIP program set to end in Feb. 2010.
    12-20-09 10:20 PM
    i called when upgrading phones and asked if i was a member and was told no and the rep on the other end was clueless about what it was...come on VZW get with it!
    12-20-09 10:31 PM
    VIP program set to end in Feb. 2010.
    I **just** read that!:

All VIP Program benefits expire February 28, 2010.

So, what are they going to replace it with? I hope the answer is not, "nothing".
    12-20-09 10:43 PM
    Unfortunately the answer as of now is nothing.
    12-20-09 11:46 PM
    I've consolidated the VIP threads, we will have all the discussion in this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/verizon-vip-383931/
    12-21-09 09:53 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD