12-21-09 09:53 AM
38 12
tools
    Any specific info on this would be greatly appreciated! I see someone here posted some info in another thread... But I was still unsure. Is this available now? Can anyone sign up? ... Thanks much in advance.

....and also .. Yes I'm a n00b in here... So we've all got to start somewhere. ...patiently ....awaiting.... The storm...
    10-15-08 03:40 PM
    you will be enrolled automatically. VIP status is noted in the account on VZW's end.

did you get a mailer indicating you have VIP status? it would come with a little member card.

VIP is for customers that have a monthly access of $79.99 (for the past 6 months) or higher. Cannot have any past due balances.

Benefits are:
    Annual upgrade with $50 equipment discount
    25% off accessories
    No fees (activation fees and device iniation fees)
    Free shipping
    Proactive usage alerts
    100% credit for overage once per enrollment year

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vip-member-mail-61546/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...members-33778/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-15-08 at 03:46 PM.
    10-15-08 03:43 PM
    I've been paying over $80 dollars for the past year. Haven't recieved anything from them and i've never had anything past due. ...odd. I hope I am enrolled. I will have to look into this. Any ideas on how to contact someone? or.. maybe enroll myself? haha

thanks!
    10-15-08 05:35 PM
    also.. i currently get a discount from an employer.. do you think this affects why i have not recieved a VIP notice? ...
    10-15-08 05:44 PM
    No, it should not have anything to do with your discount. You can call VZW customer care and ask if you're a VIP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 06:02 PM
    you will be enrolled automatically. VIP status is noted in the account on VZW's end.

did you get a mailer indicating you have VIP status? it would come with a little member card.

VIP is for customers that have a monthly access of $79.99 (for the past 6 months) or higher. Cannot have any past due balances.

Benefits are:
    Annual upgrade with $50 equipment discount
    25% off accessories
    No fees (activation fees and device iniation fees)
    Free shipping
    Proactive usage alerts
    100% credit for overage once per enrollment year

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vip-member-mail-61546/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...members-33778/
    I am pretty sure anyone that is eligible for the New Every Two discount can get a $50 discount after a year and no balance overdue. No? I have before and I was on the $59.99 plan. How new is this VIP thing?
    10-15-08 06:24 PM
    You cannot get the NE2 (50 or 100 off new 2 year pricing) discount when doing an annual upgrade. Hence the name, New Every Two. You could upgrade annually at the NEW 2 year pricing.

the VIP program allows an extra 50 off the new 2 year pricing.

10-15-08 06:46 PM
    Is that $50 discount in addition to the NE2 discount?
    10-15-08 09:00 PM
    so are ya'll telling me since i get a discount with my employer and i'm enrolled in the vip club that i can use both discounts when purchasing accesories?
    10-16-08 12:24 AM
    I've been paying over $80 dollars for the past year. Haven't recieved anything from them and i've never had anything past due. ...odd. I hope I am enrolled. I will have to look into this. Any ideas on how to contact someone? or.. maybe enroll myself? haha

thanks!
    Is that $80 before or after add-ons (e.g. Vcast Vpak, phone insurance, etc.)? I think the $79.99 cutoff is just for the base price of your plan.
    10-16-08 02:24 AM
    I called VZW yesterday asking about this program. I was told that first off, you do not sign up for it, the program is automatic. As for the 79.99 price point to be eligable...that number refers only to your voice plan. I pay monthly 125.00 with a 50.00 voice plan...10.00 second line fee...2x5.00 unlimited texting...and 30.00 bb data plan...2x5.00 for insurance....

So basically if you are paying out the ### for extras...it does not count towards the 79.99 monthly access...dumb
    10-16-08 06:25 AM
    I called VZW yesterday asking about this program. I was told that first off, you do not sign up for it, the program is automatic. As for the 79.99 price point to be eligable...that number refers only to your voice plan. I pay monthly 125.00 with a 50.00 voice plan...10.00 second line fee...2x5.00 unlimited texting...and 30.00 bb data plan...2x5.00 for insurance....

So basically if you are paying out the ### for extras...it does not count towards the 79.99 monthly access...dumb
    Ouch I think I pay like $180 or so a month.. I have 3 lines and two are berry data plans. I must not fall under the 79.99 either ..
    10-16-08 06:42 AM
    so are ya'll telling me since i get a discount with my employer and i'm enrolled in the vip club that i can use both discounts when purchasing accesories?
    No the promotions are seperate.

As to the rest of the posts and acknowleding the post I quoted.

NE2 = every 20 months get an additional $50 = $100 off off the 2 year contract price.

IE: LG Dare - New Customer - $199.99 after rebate
    New every two - $149.99 or $99.99 depending on your discount. AFTER 20 months with a new 2 year agreement.

The VIP program rewards customers with $50 off the 2 year contract

IE: LG Dare - New Customer - $199.99 after rebate
    Annual upgrade - $149.99 after only 12 months to qualified custoemrs.

Difference?

You don't have to wait 8 more months for the ne2, even if you have the $100 ne2 it's not worth waiting the full 20 months anymore as a VIP member.

And it has to be a 79.99 Voice plan

that means

Primary line on a 1400 minute basic plan or higher
    Primary line on a 700 minute select plan
    Single line of 1350 minutes
    single line of 900 minute select plan.

Hope this clarifies a little deeper as to what others already posted.
    10-16-08 07:38 AM
    Is that $50 discount in addition to the NE2 discount?
    no if you are a VIP custoemr you get the $50 after a year, if you wait the full 20 months you either get $50 or $100 ne2, nothing influenced by your vip status.
    10-16-08 07:39 AM

I cannot tell how much the voice is vs. the data on my plan?! Any idea if I would qualify?
    10-16-08 07:58 AM
    And remember people even if you are not on a voice plan that totals the 79.99 or up if you sign up for my verizon online you can upgrade annually for the 2 year contract price.

10-16-08 08:03 AM
    And remember people even if you are not on a voice plan that totals the 79.99 or up if you sign up for my verizon online you can upgrade annually for the 2 year contract price.

Could you elaborate on this???
    10-16-08 08:13 AM
    Could you elaborate on this???
    All vzw members that have a my verizon account (basically meaning when you got on with vzw you went online and registered with them so that you can check your billing details etc.) have the ability to upgrade their phone once every 12 months. Basically what they are doing is allowing you to renew your contract after a year. So if you want a new phone you pay the price offered to new customers. The only thing I am unclear on though is rather or not this goes into effect the day you register online or when you activated with vzw. But I do know it's one of the two. Example: Joe activated an account with verizon on feb15th 2008 . He then registered online on mar. 1st 2008 . On either Feb 15th 2009 or mar. 1st 2009 (not sure which date they would do it by) Joe can upgrade his phone for the new 2 year agreement price offered by vzw. Keep in mind this will start a new 2 year contract and it will then void your NE2 credit. But if you just can't wait that long for a phone and you want it now this is a great option.

10-16-08 08:39 AM
    I understand now...I think I registered 3-4 years ago for my vzw...So I'm pretty sure this is not applicable to me.
    10-16-08 08:57 AM
    I understand now...I think I registered 3-4 years ago for my vzw...So I'm pretty sure this is not applicable to me.
    You never know. It could be. Just call and ask. Tell them you are a my verizon online member and heard about the annual upgrade program for online members. Then just ask if you are eligible for an annual upgrade. No harm in asking right?

10-16-08 09:13 AM
    Anyone who is registered for my verizon is eligible, regardless when they registered. I did about 3 years ago.

10-16-08 11:15 AM
    Is this true? Can anyone that works at Verizon confirm this? Annual upgrades are available to anyone signed up on My Verizon???
    10-16-08 11:45 AM
    Is this true? Can anyone that works at Verizon confirm this? Annual upgrades are available to anyone signed up on My Verizon???
    Anyone with a "qualifying voice plan" **59.98 or higher, see my previous thread for info** So ANY primary line on a Family share plan is eligible for annual upgrades. 12 months since your last discounted purchase. If you are not a VIP member you get regular 2 year contract price, if you are a VIP member you get 2 year contract + $50 off. If you are on a 450 select plan you qualify for annual upgrade, if you are on any single line plan of 900 minutes or up you qualify for annual upgrade. If you are anything under 450 and not on a FSP primary line, chances are you don't qualify.
    10-16-08 11:56 AM
    Dude it is in fact true. Before I ever signed up online the web site showed that one of the advantages of signing up was annual upgrades.

10-16-08 11:56 AM
    now i assume after reading that i was not enrolled because my plan alltogether even after discounts is over 80 dollars. not just my voice plan.

bumout.
    10-16-08 12:27 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD