I know its possible through using Verizons Website to activate a phone that you might have as a back up or just bought and want to switch. Now what if you have 2 BlackBerrys through Verizon? Is it possible to just go to the website, activate that and if you want to switch back and forth for an amount of time with each, just go to the website and switch it that way? I might be getting the Niagara when It comes out. So I was wondering if I can just use that and switch back to the Storm for like a week, once in awhile? Anyone else doing this? Since were not GSM, we cant do this with Sim Cards. So would this be our way of doing it?
    03-28-09 08:36 PM
    I know its possible through using Verizons Website to activate a phone that you might have as a back up or just bought and want to switch. Now what if you have 2 BlackBerrys through Verizon? Is it possible to just go to the website, activate that and if you want to switch back and forth for an amount of time with each, just go to the website and switch it that way? I might be getting the Niagara when It comes out. So I was wondering if I can just use that and switch back to the Storm for like a week, once in awhile? Anyone else doing this? Since were not GSM, we cant do this with Sim Cards. So would this be our way of doing it?
    I do this with my Curve and Storm all the time. Yes, you can from vzw.com
    03-28-09 09:02 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Now that I know its possible, Im definatly getting that Niagara when it comes out lol. But Im not getting rid of My Storm lol
    03-28-09 09:58 PM
    Also with two BB devices you can dial *228 opt 3 and swtich the ESN's. just remember if you are on the BIS to switch the ESN and pin there for email delivery
    03-28-09 10:02 PM
    What is considerded being on BIS? I would figure im on BIS because its not through a business. Personal Blackberry Data and Internet Plan I have. I just registerded my phones email address through the phones settings when I first got it.
    03-29-09 01:23 AM
    What is considerded being on BIS? I would figure im on BIS because its not through a business. Personal Blackberry Data and Internet Plan I have. I just registerded my phones email address through the phones settings when I first got it.
    BIS
    BlackBerry Internet Service

If you switch BB devices you need to go here to switch your pin/esn
    so that your emails come through on your new device.

I have found when people set up their email from their phone they have
    issues logging in here.
    Typically you end end up calling BB tech support and they have to reset
    something in the system so that you can log on there.
    I always have my cusomers set their email up in store on a computer
    to avoid this issue in the future.
    If you try logging on there and have a problem pm me and I can help you out.
    Be proactive before you get the new phone and find out now.
    03-29-09 04:40 AM
    Wow. This is my first time hearing about this feature. Where do I go on the site, or what steps are taken to switch devices?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 05:52 AM
    BIS
    BlackBerry Internet Service

If you switch BB devices you need to go here to switch your pin/esn
    so that your emails come through on your new device.

I have found when people set up their email from their phone they have
    issues logging in here.
    Typically you end end up calling BB tech support and they have to reset
    something in the system so that you can log on there.
    I always have my cusomers set their email up in store on a computer
    to avoid this issue in the future.
    If you try logging on there and have a problem pm me and I can help you out.
    Be proactive before you get the new phone and find out now.
    Thank you. PM sent. I cannot log onto that website, or make a new account its telling me. I do want to have whatever information needed, for when that phone comes out I can be prepared. Thank you
    03-29-09 09:11 AM
    This is a great thread! I had no idea you could do this without getting hit with a charge. Thanks again!
    03-29-09 09:18 AM
    Keep in mind that if you set up your device through the phone originally, you will need to call your carrier to have the BIS account converted to a user name and password.
    03-29-09 09:22 AM
    Wow. This is my first time hearing about this feature. Where do I go on the site, or what steps are taken to switch devices?

When you change devices you can do a *228, send, option 3
    or
    log onto verizonwireless.com and change your esn there

If you are changing a BB device to a different BB device you also need to
    change your pin and esn at blackberry.com/go/vzw
    Like I said before and lastraid pointed out if you initially set up your email
    through your device you will have to call VZW BB tech support and have
    them convert your account so that you can log on through a computer.
    Oce you have done this you can manage your email accounts on line and
    change your pin and esn for your BIS account online as well.

Oh yea, and you can even resend service books to your device on your
    own from BIS. This is super helpful if you are having email or web issues.
    Last edited by sreneel77; 03-29-09 at 11:44 AM.
    03-29-09 11:41 AM
    Also whe you use the *228 opt 3, make sure the device you are switching from, is turn completely.
    03-29-09 11:46 AM

Once you're logged into vzw.com, under "Quick Links" on the right, click on "Activate My Phone", then on the next page ( if you're on a family share plan ), it will have you choose which phone number you're putting the replacement phone onto and the ESN, which is located under the battery, or with a Blackberry it's in Options->Status ( it'll be ESN or MEID )....
    03-29-09 06:11 PM

lol oops, after reading the last post I see I didn't read yours correctly.
    I'm gonna blame it on not having had my coffee yet this morning.
    Glad scurvydlicious answered better then I did.
    03-30-09 12:31 AM
    Thanks a lot guys. I was able to create a username and password on the phones email settings. It then told me I would have to go online in order to access my BIS. So I went on Verizons BIS after I made the Username and Password and it worked fine. Thank you so much for the information all
    04-01-09 07:54 PM
    Well. I tried to activate my Curve 8330 just to see what happens, and it tells me I have to have the $29.00 BlackBerry Data plan added to my account. And it will let me add, but I already have that added to my account with my Storm. Anyone know why this is?
    04-14-09 06:37 PM
    Thanks a lot guys. I was able to create a username and password on the phones email settings. It then told me I would have to go online in order to access my BIS. So I went on Verizons BIS after I made the Username and Password and it worked fine. Thank you so much for the information all

I took what you wrote here and was able to access my account also. Kudos to you and whoever gave you the information to fix yours.

(Devils suck. )
    04-14-09 07:33 PM
    Well. I tried to activate my Curve 8330 just to see what happens, and it tells me I have to have the $29.00 BlackBerry Data plan added to my account. And it will let me add, but I already have that added to my account with my Storm. Anyone know why this is?

Go into My Plan and see if you are only charged $29.99 once. You can always dispute a duplicate charge, especially if only 1 phone is activated.

(Brodeur is a turd )
    04-14-09 07:35 PM
    10 char.....
    Go into My Plan and see if you are only charged $29.99 once. You can always dispute a duplicate charge, especially if only 1 phone is activated.

Will do and thank you for that. Definatly going to look into this.

(What does your smiley and text mean? lol

(Brodeur is a turd )
    04-15-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD