08-06-11 02:38 PM
35 12
tools
    RIM must want their devices on every network in the U.S. and especially VZW, which is the largest network in the U.S. It is not specifically their fault if VZW refuses to carry the full line of os 7 devices. However, RIM cannot afford to not have at least the new Bold and Torch Touch on VZW. It is simply too big of a market to be left out of. RIM will have to convince VZW to carry them and work their relationship and contacts with VZW to get it done. I think we will definitely see the new Bold. However, the Torch Touch is a closer call. I know there are videos of VZW branded devices out there. I hope VZW didn't say "thanks, but no thanks" after they tested it like they did with the Storm 2 refresh last fall. I am still hopeful that they will offer the Torch Touch. VZW is notoriously slow with carrier testing so they may just be slower to announce than the other networks.
    08-03-11 09:54 PM
    Verizon can't get the Torch 2 anyway because of the AT&T exclusivity. One of the execs said 3 devices this year and I'd believe that statement.
    08-03-11 10:11 PM
  3. T
    My 9650 looks so good ... even on the desk with a copy of my Sprint bill under it. I have zero doubt that I will have BIS for the duration of the two year contract I just signed, and it will still be available to me for additional contracts in the future. RIM will still be there (probably Sprint, too) unless the entire world financial system collapses (and it might).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 11:00 PM
    Do you guys seriously think that Verizon won't have any new BB's? So what if they didnt officially announced it yet. They're not going to just drop a whole line of devices. They may have lost some people to other phones or companies....every company does. You know the grass is always greener on the other side! But they definitely aren't going to just drop the remaining subscribers and force them to the other side!

It would seem strange that vzw will be selling the 3g playbook and not the new blackberries but i suppose anything is possible.

Remember verizon may still feel a little stung over the storm 1, and they have access to the same market data we do and other companies do. Maybe the declining blackberry sales in the US, the acquisition ofthe iphone line and the popularity of droids may simply make them indifferent to blackberry phones.

08-04-11 03:03 PM
    They said they were getting the Montana and the Monaco...I don't see any new BB devices on any carrier, that must be Verizon's fault too.
    08-04-11 04:12 PM
    It would seem strange that vzw will be selling the 3g playbook and not the new blackberries but i suppose anything is possible.

Remember verizon may still feel a little stung over the storm 1, and they have access to the same market data we do and other companies do. Maybe the declining blackberry sales in the US, the acquisition ofthe iphone line and the popularity of droids may simply make them indifferent to blackberry phones.

That's a possibility

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-04-11 04:21 PM
    Verizon is selling the PlayBook? When?
    08-04-11 05:18 PM
    They werent a few hours when I was over there
    08-04-11 05:18 PM

I wouldn't doubt they have some hard feelings about the Storm1. But that could not have been the only product ever in their line up that preformed less than expected. I still have my Storm1 from 2008. It was my first BB and now I want another one. I can't be the only one in this scenario, the Storm could have actually brought VZ new clients as well as created headaches for them. I'm sticking with RIM, I would think/hope VZ would too.
    I can't see them passing up any amount of profits by not offering BB's and basically handing customers their competitors. Remember, the phones are just the stepping stones to where these companies make their money, and that is their service plans. VZ would be placing a large bet by thinking that the BB customers will stay and just buy another brand of phone. That's a big variable that they can't control. It's just not good business.
    08-04-11 06:41 PM
    They're probably waiting for the 98/9900 series phones to meet FTC approval and DOJ approval and then they will start selling them. There is a new BB touchscreen only that I'm sure Verizon will sell as a replacement for the Storm series.
    08-06-11 02:38 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD