08-06-11 01:38 PM
35 12
tools
    Is it just me who feels like faithful BB Verizon users have again been passed over by RIM? My storm 2 is now at least a generation behind and getting older by the minute. Loyalty only stretches so far and what then happens if I do wait around and the next new BBs go to another carrier like the last 2 times. Shame on you and your management RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 12:55 PM
    RIM has nothing to do with Verizon's choice to carry or not to carry a device...

08-03-11 12:56 PM
    RIM has nothing to do with Verizon's choice to carry or not to carry a device...

You mean to say that they haven't signed an exclusive deal on the new phones?

08-03-11 01:04 PM
    Whether or not VZW carries a device is dependent upon VZW choosing to do so. VZW has to be willing to sign on to any exclusive devices to. RIM cannot force them to

08-03-11 01:07 PM
    Whether or not VZW carries a device is dependent upon VZW choosing to do so. VZW has to be willing to sign on to any exclusive devices to. RIM cannot force them to

That would depend on being offered it in the first place. All phone developers offer their phones to carriers on exclusive deals. RIM is trying to get the BB on as many different carriers while neglecting its core fan base.

08-03-11 01:18 PM
    That would depend on being offered it in the first place. All phone developers offer their phones to carriers on exclusive deals. RIM is trying to get the BB on as many different carriers while neglecting its core fan base.
    I'm just curious... Where are the facts that these statements are based on?
    08-03-11 01:21 PM
    I'm just curious... Where are the facts that these statements are based on?
    Which facts do you need? The fact that Verizon hasn't had a decent BB upgrade since the storm 2 and the last
    2 upgrades have gone to other carriers? Or maybe the fact that carriers advertise the phones as exclusive to their networks? For what its worth I love my BB but I need it upgrading and I hate the fact that 2 years down the road I'm still waiting.

08-03-11 01:35 PM
    Do you have a 2 year old phone? I'm confused.
    08-03-11 01:39 PM
    Do you have a 2 year old phone? I'm confused.
    My BB is 21 months old, not quite 2 years. As there's just been the new releases then even if the next phones go to Verizon then we are looking at the 2 and a half year mark. I was going to buy my kids back in the UK a playbook each so we could BBM but that's on hold untill I know if I'm getting an upgrade or leaving BB.

08-03-11 01:50 PM
    VZW's call, or RIM's call, I don't care at this point, it's insuring I switch to the iphone now. I was pretty sure I was going anyway, but was going to wait for both the IP5 and the Monaco, (or touch Torch now) to come out, as I thought it looked really neat. Won't switch carriers, VZW service and coverage can't be beat IMO. I know I pay more for it, but it is what it is. Every time I hit a VZW store, they do everything they can to NOT steer you towards a BB. Seems like this is really driving the point home now. VZW wants to push Droids and the iPhone.

Too bad really, as I really would prefer to have the CHOICE. But, it's now been made for me.
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    08-03-11 02:03 PM
    VZW's call, or RIM's call, I don't care at this point, it's insuring I switch to the iphone now. I was pretty sure I was going anyway, but was going to wait for both the IP5 and the Monaco, (or touch Torch now) to come out, as I thought it looked really neat. Won't switch carriers, VZW service and coverage can't be beat IMO. I know I pay more for it, but it is what it is. Every time I hit a VZW store, they do everything they can to NOT steer you towards a BB. Seems like this is really driving the point home now. VZW wants to push Droids and the iPhone.

Too bad really, as I really would prefer to have the CHOICE. But, it's now been made for me.
    Verizon quite simply is the best US carrier and its customer service is second to none. It beats all the other carriers in the 6 different countries I've lived in. There's no way on earth I'm going to switch carriers but I'm considering switching phones.

MissoulaMarinerFan likes this.
    08-03-11 02:10 PM
    If VZW leaves us Storm users without an all-touch BB upgrade, that may push me to another carrier. I don't travel much and as long as coverage is good in my home area, I'll be happy. Waiting for Verizon's announcement, but if it does not include the 9850, I'll be looking at Sprint.
    08-03-11 02:30 PM
    If VZW leaves us Storm users without an all-touch BB upgrade, that may push me to another carrier. I don't travel much and as long as coverage is good in my home area, I'll be happy. Waiting for Verizon's announcement, but if it does not include the 9850, I'll be looking at Sprint.
    Unfortunately I do travel a lot, I'm a Brit who's a Canadian trucker and I spend 80% of my life traveling around the states. My BB and BBM is integral to my job and keeping in touch with British/Canadian friends and family. So is my network signal and North American plan.

08-03-11 02:37 PM
  14. T
    I don't know why everyone always says Verizon's the best. I think it's equal with Sprint. Those two are the best. My Sprint coverage works flawlessly, and I haven't had any problems with customer service. But maybe it has to do with my home area, northeast USA. I dunno.

08-03-11 02:39 PM
    I'm guessing this is coming from that "rumor" post from earlier. Couple things, as stated many times, RIM is not who you should be mad at IF vzw doesn't carry the new Berries. RIM WANTS vzw to carry their product, if vzw does or not, that's their choice.

And further more, if your misguided anger is based on rumors, then you also have to take into consideration we've seen the new phones live on video with VZW branding...including one from VZW themselves.
    08-03-11 02:44 PM
    Verizon has been pushing Android devices as if nothing else existed. For whatever reason. They now have the iPhone.
    BB is to them an afterthought as far as the customer base. Government and corporate is another matter altogether. We have Verizon and AT&T contracts and the bigger of the two is the Verizon one. Most government employees you see are carrying 9650s.
    RIM is no more responsible as to what Verizon chooses to sell than Pepsi is over a restaurant choosing to sell Coke. Of all the mistakes RIM has made over the last few months and all the missed opportunities they've let go pass through their collective hands, this is not one. They cannot be faulted for Verizon's choices as to what they sell. Android sells for them, so they go Android.
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    08-03-11 02:55 PM
    I'm guessing this is coming from that "rumor" post from earlier. Couple things, as stated many times, RIM is not who you should be mad at IF vzw doesn't carry the new Berries. RIM WANTS vzw to carry their product, if vzw does or not, that's their choice.

And further more, if your misguided anger is based on rumors, then you also have to take into consideration we've seen the new phones live on video with VZW branding...including one from VZW themselves.

I'm actually going on RIMs Facebook posts that don't mention Verizon but names the other carriers. If RIM informs me that the new phones will be available on Verizon then I will gladly pull this post and apologize. I'm not sure what rumors you're refering to?

08-03-11 02:59 PM
  18. T
    I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon was pushing Android. Wasn't there something in the news a while back saying Verizon and Google were banding together, something that flew in the face of net neutrality where higher paying sites would be favored over lower paying sites?

08-03-11 03:00 PM
    I'm actually going on RIMs Facebook posts that don't mention Verizon but names the other carriers. If RIM informs me that the new phones will be available on Verizon then I will gladly pull this post and apologize. I'm not sure what rumors you're refering to?

Nothing has been confirmed OR denied regarding Verizon, so without any facts all the info regarding any releases on Verizon are merely rumors. The fact that there is a video floating around that was accidently posted by Verizon on their own site plus a photo of a Verizon splash screen on a 9930 leads one to think that at least the 9930 will pop up there.

08-03-11 05:08 PM
    I don't know why everyone always says Verizon's the best. I think it's equal with Sprint.
    Yeah it really depends on your personal situation as to which will work best for you. I had sprint for a couple months before switching. My sig would drop off to nothing and not trigger verizon roaming because I wasn't in an "official" roaming area as decreed by sprint. After this happened way to much I couldn't get rid of sprint fast enough. My thinking was , hey, no signal, no problem, I can roam. Wrong. If it works for you great, but here it's iffy. Verizon is literally everywhere in the USA and in the west, sprint can't touch their coverage, especially on the back roads. There is NO phone that would make me leave the provider with the best coverage in the country. Coverage is and always will be the #1 priority imo.
    08-03-11 07:08 PM
  21. T
    Yeah it really depends on your personal situation as to which will work best for you. I had sprint for a couple months before switching. My sig would drop off to nothing and not trigger verizon roaming because I wasn't in an "official" roaming area as decreed by sprint. After this happened way to much I couldn't get rid of sprint fast enough. My thinking was , hey, no signal, no problem, I can roam. Wrong. If it works for you great, but here it's iffy. Verizon is literally everywhere in the USA and in the west, sprint can't touch their coverage, especially on the back roads. There is NO phone that would make me leave the provider with the best coverage in the country. Coverage is and always will be the #1 priority imo.
    Sometimes I see my signal bars fluctuate, but I don't notice any difference in performance -- calls or data. The few places I do roam, I've noticed that data's pretty poor. Calls are okay.

08-03-11 07:34 PM
    Verizon has 3 BlackBerry models available....just pathetic. Sprint won't be around much longer. They have half the subscriber base of Verizon. People are saying Verizon is going to buy Sprint but that won't happen. Verizon doesn't need Sprint but Sprint needs Verizon. I see Sprint merging with some of the smaller carriers to stay relevant.
    08-03-11 07:40 PM
    Verizon hasn't officiallly announced anything so you don't know yet or not what will be coming or not coming to VZW. And it wouldn't be RIM's fault for VZW not getting the new BB's. It would be VZW's fault for passing them over and not offering them. I personally think that they will carry a few of the new devices because they have a lot of government contracts.
    08-03-11 08:20 PM
    Seeing as how Sprint does not have any new Blackberrys either, I would lean more towards it being RIMs fault that there are no new devices on Verizon.
    Last edited by Chris2183; 08-03-11 at 08:30 PM.
    08-03-11 08:28 PM
    Do you guys seriously think that Verizon won't have any new BB's? So what if they didnt officially announced it yet. They're not going to just drop a whole line of devices. They may have lost some people to other phones or companies....every company does. You know the grass is always greener on the other side! But they definitely aren't going to just drop the remaining subscribers and force them to the other side!

Last edited by jelp2; 08-04-11 at 09:53 AM.
    08-03-11 08:38 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD