I don't usually post here. Not a complainer, but Verizon is ridiculous! I've got 3 Verizon stores in my area. None of which have a single Z30 in stock. One didn't even have any on display. So this past Thursday I go to one of the stores and ask for the phone. After the usual "why would you want that?" crap the guy goes in the back for about 20 minutes. He comes back and says he ordered the phone and to come back Friday or Saturday to get it. I asked if I needed to pay anything. To which he replies, no, we'll do it all when you pick up the phone. Skip to now, Saturday 12:42 pm est. I just went into the store all happy to get my new phone. The first meathead asks what phone I'm picking up. When I tell her, she acts like she's never even heard of a Z30. Here comes the manager. Now I'm told that Verizon doesn't even have Z30s in stock. And the guy that ordered it for me obviously was wrong. He could not have ordered the phone! After all that, the manager asks me why I would want that phone anyway! Really!?!?!? Wtf??!! I've been with VZW For years at over a hundred bucks a month. They see that! And when I asked what I can do...they shrug their shoulders at me!
    Sorry for the rant ladies and gentlemen. Just had to complain. Won't happen again lol.

Posted via CB10
    angieberry10 likes this.
    02-22-14 11:51 AM
    Don't worry! I feel the same as you do a lot of the times when dealing with VZW! Just keep after them if you need the best coverage around. Make them get the Z30 for you and don't let up.
    02-22-14 11:58 AM
    Do NOT switch over to T-mobile or AT&T, they have even worse service (for Blackberry users). You are one of the lucky ones.
    02-22-14 12:08 PM
    DO NOT GO BACK TO THAT STORE. Order from another source and go back and tell them you found someone else who was willing to help you. (try amazon, best buy, 3rd party store...)
    complain to Verizon - call, facebook, twitter. make sure Verizon hears how this store treated you that's the only way we'll get change.

enjoy that z30 when you get it, its a fantastic phone.
    02-22-14 12:12 PM
    Being out in the boonies, I've always just ordered mine via Verizon's website and have it the next morning or two. No hassle, and no moronic sales people trying to get me on an iPhone. But that's just me.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    3_M4N and medic22003 like this.
    02-22-14 01:29 PM
    Stoopid question. Z10 / Q10 / Z30 on vzw have ability to call and use data concurrent? Never been a vzw customer and asking for an AT&T friend about to switch.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:34 PM
    Same issue in Atlanta, too. I just want them, BlackBerry, to give other U.S. carriers the option to sell the Z30.

So, we wait...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:36 PM
    You have every right to be p'd off! I would raise He** with corporate for the way you were treated! Do they want to sell you something or not? Hate to say it, but the corporate stores stink these days and that is why I do most of my business online or call them up and I usually get outstanding service then, most of the time! The reps tend to be clueless and I know the store near me has a very high turnover rate, which certainly doesn't help.
    02-22-14 02:23 PM
    Stoopid question. Z10 / Q10 / Z30 on vzw have ability to call and use data concurrent? Never been a vzw customer and asking for an AT&T friend about to switch.

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    DocDRM likes this.
    02-22-14 03:03 PM
    I don't understand why anyone would go to a store to buy a phone, unless they absolutely needed to handle the device before they buy. If I have my mind made up on a device, I order it online. Stupid sales people in the stores just gets my blood pressure up.
    aaasingh and Relletti like this.
    02-22-14 03:08 PM
    I don't understand why anyone would go to a store to buy a phone, unless they absolutely needed to handle the device before they buy. If I have my mind made up on a device, I order it online. Stupid sales people in the stores just gets my blood pressure up.
    This. To me it's not worth it. It's so many good quality reviews online that really allow you to get a idea about the phone to just order it online . Every time I step into a vzw store I leave frustrated lol.

Posted via my Awesome Z30 using CB10
    02-22-14 03:26 PM
    Have you tried to order it online? I know that's a silly question, but this way you can avoid dealing with lame sales associates that really don't care about BB. I believe the Z30 is about $99.99 with a new 2 year contract on Verizon.

Good luck with the phone and let us know when you get it and what you think of it.
    02-22-14 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good question. I do not think so. I was on Verizon before I switched to AT&T and I couldn't do it. I was told it was an network limitation. Also, I could only have one more caller (total of three people) on a conference. With AT&T I can have more that three people without losing quality.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 04:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    As long as you're phone has a 4GLTE signal, yes. If it can only find a 3G or 1X signal, no.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    02-22-14 04:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Not sure why as other Verizon phones cannot use talk and data at the same time, BlackBerry 10 devices absolutely CAN!

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-23-14 01:27 AM
    I don't usually post here. Not a complainer, but Verizon is ridiculous! I've got 3 Verizon stores in my area. None of which have a single Z30 in stock. One didn't even have any on display. So this past Thursday I go to one of the stores and ask for the phone. After the usual "why would you want that?" crap the guy goes in the back for about 20 minutes. He comes back and says he ordered the phone and to come back Friday or Saturday to get it. I asked if I needed to pay anything. To which he replies, no, we'll do it all when you pick up the phone. Skip to now, Saturday 12:42 pm est. I just went into the store all happy to get my new phone. The first meathead asks what phone I'm picking up. When I tell her, she acts like she's never even heard of a Z30. Here comes the manager. Now I'm told that Verizon doesn't even have Z30s in stock. And the guy that ordered it for me obviously was wrong. He could not have ordered the phone! After all that, the manager asks me why I would want that phone anyway! Really!?!?!? Wtf??!! I've been with VZW For years at over a hundred bucks a month. They see that! And when I asked what I can do...they shrug their shoulders at me!
    Sorry for the rant ladies and gentlemen. Just had to complain. Won't happen again lol.

Posted via CB10
    Order it from Verizonwireless.com and you'll have it in two days.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    geekaren likes this.
    02-23-14 01:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    With the exception of the iPhone, any 4G phone on the VZW network can handle calls and data concurrently as long as you have a 4G signal.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 01:57 AM
    I do all my ordering online at verizon. No having to deal with annoying sales people
    02-23-14 03:09 AM
    Going into a verizon store anymore is like going to a car dealership! It's all about sales to them anymore no more customer service.

If you have noticed verizon is not opening corporate stores but leasing them out to authorize retailers, this saves them millions. They want out of the brick and mortar business.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 06:41 AM
    OK. After being told I can't order it when speaking with a vzw rep, I tried it out online. I was finally able to order it. Paid for overnight shipping. Came in two days instead. Got my 12 bucks back. As for the Z30...I love it!!! Awesome phone. If anyone wants a bigger phone, this is the one to get! Hands down the best!!

Sent from my Z30
    JamesIV likes this.
    03-02-14 11:08 AM