I will traveling from Philadelphia, Pa to Quebec City Canada in a few weeks. How much will it cost me to make calls and will I be able to txt and access email while there using my data service. My phone is unlocked so what will be the most economical way to go? Thanks in advance for any help.
    05-04-11 08:08 PM
    I am back and forth between Canada and the US a few times a month. I use the Nationwide Plus Canada plan and Global Data and other than the Global Data being a bit pricey I incur no extra charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 09:03 PM
    Nationwide Plus Canada Plans
    Calling From Canada
    CDMA Standard Roaming Per Minute Rate: $0.69

Text Messaging Rates:
    Domestic Text rates apply
    pkcable likes this.
    05-04-11 09:17 PM
    Eww. I would get a SIM card.
    05-05-11 04:20 AM
    in most cases a good way to save money with your cell phone while traveling is by using your cellphone with prepaid SIM cards, you can get something cheap while you there and make a local use with other carriers (if you have an unlocked blackberry device).

But it all depends on what you want to do with your phone and who you want to stay i touch with - i will say that this is an option that is worth to think about.
    05-05-11 07:36 AM
    Just upgrade your plan to Nationwide Plus Canada, add Global Data for the time you are there. Its very simple and you won't get screwed. I've got 2.5 years worth of bills to prove it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD