02-26-08 11:40 PM
30 12
tools
    Hey all..I was just reading this on Gizmodo...Verizon is going to start offering unlimited Voice and Data plans starting tomorrow (2/19/08)

* $99 - Nationwide Unlimited (voice)
    * $119 - Nationwide Select Unlimited (voice, SMS, MMS)
    * $139 - Nationwide Premium (voice, SMS, MMS, VZNav, VCAST, email)
    * $149 - Nationwide Email and Messaging (voice, SMS, MMS, and data)
    * $169 - Nationwide Global Email and Messaging (voice, SMS, MMS, and international data)
    * $199 - Family plan with two lines, $99 per additional line.
    02-18-08 01:15 PM
    Is this confirmed? I may be switching my plan then!
    02-18-08 02:41 PM
    Do you really think any of this includes either BES or BIS?
    02-18-08 03:47 PM
    Nah, you most likely will have to still get a BlackBerry data plan, I imagine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-08 05:27 PM
    i'm "content" with my current plan.

for now, at least.
    02-19-08 01:54 AM
    Nah, you most likely will have to still get a BlackBerry data plan, I imagine.

I know you will. My question was rhetorical and aimed at the post just before mine.
    02-19-08 07:13 AM
    It is confirmed on the Verizon Wireless website now. Go check it out

I would post the direct link, but I do not have enough posts to do so!

The unlimited Blackbery Plan is showing at 149.99 A Month for Unlimited Messaging.
    Last edited by Mychael99; 02-19-08 at 09:23 AM.
    02-19-08 09:07 AM
    Hmmm....when I went to the site, it showed Unlimited plans for everything BUT the BB....those still had the old prices carved out by the number of anytime minutes.

This was the only place I could find the unlimited plans: Verizon Wireless
    02-19-08 10:42 AM
    Hmm...go to plans then go to Voice & Data Plans then find the Blackberry one...it is working from the drop-down menus after you log into your account.
    02-19-08 10:51 AM
    Hmmm....I logged in and still the only plans I found unlimited were the voice plans, not the BB plans.
    02-19-08 11:16 AM
    That is odd...it should take you to the Blackberry plans right from the Voice Plans And Data Plans Link
    02-19-08 11:24 AM
    Let me get the direct link
    02-19-08 11:24 AM
    02-19-08 11:25 AM
    Got it! Thank you! Wonder why I'm not getting that?!
    02-19-08 11:27 AM
    It's only for voice plans not voice and Blackberry plans. If they had a voice and blackberry unlimited plan for 99 dollars everybody would be on Verizon right now. LOL
    02-19-08 11:28 AM
    The unlimited plan for BB (now that I can see it!) is $149 for unlimited calling/data/messaging.
    02-19-08 11:30 AM
    Yeah thats the one!
    02-19-08 11:31 AM
    The voice + BB plan will cost $149.99. No matter how you look at it's a good deal when you factor in the Unlimited Anytime minutes and Text msg. I just change my plan with a savings of $40.00 and no longer need to monitor my minutes anymore. NB. This should include MMS for those who have the 8830WE. Let's hope this is true, just gotta wait and see.

02-19-08 05:39 PM
    The voice + BB plan will cost $149.99. No matter how you look at it's a good deal when you factor in the Unlimited Anytime minutes and Text msg. I just change my plan with a savings of $40.00 and no longer need to monitor my minutes anymore. NB. This should include MMS for those who have the 8830WE. Let's hope this is true, just gotta wait and see.

At this point for me, it's not worth the $150...

I have a 900-minute plan, but have never gone over the 900-minutes. Plus I have VZNav, BB data and a 500-SMS/MMS plan. It still comes out $40 less/month.

So in time, it may be worth it, but for now, it's not.
    02-19-08 05:51 PM

MMS is unlimited as well... this is what the plan includes;

* Data Access for Email
    * Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging
    * Unlimited National IN Calling
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
    * 3-way calling
    * Voice Mail
    * Caller ID
    02-19-08 06:12 PM
    All I see is $129 for unlimited calls and data. I see nothing about SMS/MMS. For $149, they should add in free VZNav while they are at it. Sheesh!
    02-19-08 09:02 PM
    It's there for $149.99

BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging
    Unlimited Minutes
    $149.99 monthly access
    NOW GET UNLIMITED MESSAGING WITH ANYONE IN THE U.S. ON ANY NETWORK. AT ANY TIME.

A bundled package with voice and wireless data for quick and easy remote access to email over your BlackBerry handheld.

Data usage from within the National Enhanced Services and the Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas
    Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging to anyone on any network in the U.S.
    Unlimited Anytime Minute plans include unlimited calling with anyone on any network in the U.S.
    Unlimited National IN Calling to any Verizon Wireless Customer and Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes.
    02-19-08 09:06 PM
    For the unlimited txt/mms messaging, you have to get the Unlimited Select plan w/BB unlimited data.

I was on an agent conference call about this on Monday, and they made it clear that as of right now, the unlimited plan is a promotional thing right now. They're not sure how long they'll be offering it. But once you're on it, you can keep it as long as you choose to. Just a bit of info.
    02-20-08 12:34 AM
    For the unlimited txt/mms messaging, you have to get the Unlimited Select plan w/BB unlimited data.

I was on an agent conference call about this on Monday, and they made it clear that as of right now, the unlimited plan is a promotional thing right now. They're not sure how long they'll be offering it. But once you're on it, you can keep it as long as you choose to. Just a bit of info.
    How lame. Advertise a plan like this to steal Sprint's thunder and then take it away. Yep, sounds like the usual Verizon BS that keeps getting sloshed around. I've lost all respect for big business.
    02-20-08 09:34 AM
    How lame. Advertise a plan like this to steal Sprint's thunder and then take it away. Yep, sounds like the usual Verizon BS that keeps getting sloshed around. I've lost all respect for big business.
    Actually, the Sprint unlimited plan isn't offered in a lot of markets. As far as I know, Verizon is offering this plan nationwide. And just because it's not a permanent plan doesn't mean it won't be offered for a while. With AT&T and T-Mobile announcing similar plans, we can probably expect it to stay around a while.
    02-20-08 02:48 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD